Chapter 25

Triple Trouble
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jong In’s POV

“So what happened to that man?” I asked Lay

“He was sentenced to be in jail for 20 years, for kidnapping and attempting murder” I nodded my head in satisfaction.   This man who dared to harm my family should have actually been inside the jail for more years…

“That’s good to hear… He harmed my family…” Lay sighed and approached me

“Do you know who that man is?” I shook my head and stared at him, was he a man that I knew?

“Do you remember three years ago? There was this man working at the company and he was caught stealing goods and after that you fired him…  He wanted revenge for firing him” I scoffed, so that’s why he caused all this pain to my family?

“Then I hope he rots in jail… When he had a grudge against me why did he even point the gun to my son?” He patted my back

“What matters now is that there is no danger anymore” I nodded my head at Lay’s words he is right after all.

“How do you feel now? Does your arm hurt a lot?” I nodded my head

“It does, but don’t let Ha Neul and the kids know. She will feel bad” he laughed

“Of course, you are a man after all” he laughed again.

“Anyway let’s get you home now” I nodded my head and got up from the hospital bed, hyung took the bag Ha Neul had brought the other day and together we went to his car.

“I guess the kids are going to be super happy when they see that you are back” I laughed at the image that was probably waiting me. Ha Neul is probably running around the house while the kids must be waiting for me while watching pororo.

“I guess so too. I think I missed my house hyung. It’s been almost a week and a half that I am missing from there.” I pouted and Lay chuckled.

“After you go home we surely have to go out and by that I mean the guys too.”

“Is it too late to return to the hospital?”

“More late than ever” he laughed at his own words and I just shook my head. Some time later we arrived at my house, hyung carried my bag up to my house. He rang the doorbell and Jong Soo was the one to open the door, once he saw me he jumped into me and wrapped his arms around my leg Jong Soo and Ha Na followed after him and they did the same thing.

“Appa, I missed you so much” Ha Na said as she clung tightly to my foot.

“I missed you too my angel” I kneeled and patter her head

“Appa does your hand hurt?” Jong Soo stared at my hand with a pout

“Eii, don’t worry. It doesn’t hurt at all. Appa is strong”

“When are you going to take the cast off?” Jong Soo asked.

“When it’s fully healed. Now can I get a big hug?” I opened my unharmed arm and waited for them to jump in. As expected they did and that made me feel really happy.

“Where is your mom?” I asked them as I looked around, Ha Neul was the only one I couldn’t see.

“She is making food inside. Do you know what she did?” I shook my head at Ha Na’s question

“Chicken, it’s your favorite food appa” Jong Ha said happily and clapped his hands, I can tell he is more happy than I should be.

“Let’s go to inside now. Hyung are you coming?” Lay shook his head.

“It’s ok, I’ll just let you guys have some family time” he waved good bye and then me and the kids went inside.

“Ha Neul~” I shouted so she could hear me. Once I called her name I saw her running from the kitchen

“Jong In ah” she smiled and approached me with her arms open. I too stretched out my arm for her.  “I’m sorry I didn’t come to pick you up from the hospital” she nuzzled her head in the crook of my neck.

“It’s ok don’t worry. Lay hyung helped me” I paused “Ha Neul… I heard that you made chicken, is it true?” she chuckled and nodded her head

“Since it’s your favorite I did” she poked my nose and smiled. I smiled back and kissed her cheek.

“Ha Neul ah… what’s this smell?” I sniffed as a burning smell filled the room.

“Ommo… the rice” she run to the kitchen and me and the kids chuckled. I sat on the couch and leaned back my head closing my eyes. It feels so good to be back home listening to the kids running around and Ha Neul scolding them. The time to eat our supper finally arrived and we all gathered around the table eating our chicken happily.

“Appa, when are we going to go to the sea?” Ha Na asked me with her cute eye smile.

“Once appa gets better ok?” Ha Neul replied instead of me.

“Ha Neul, do you remember the place we went in our one year anniversary?”  She raised an eyebrow and stared at me

“Do you mean the house near the sea? Wasn’t a halmoni living there?” I nodded my head

“Yes that’s the place I am talking about. Do you want to go there?” She stared at the kids and then nodded her head.

“Omma, what’s this place appa is talking about?” Jong Ha asked

“It’s an old house where me and your appa went for vocation. We can go swim or we can even go to the forest that is close.” Ha Neul smiled making the kids cheer in happiness.

“Appa, do you want me to help you eat?” Ha Na asked, she must have noticed the fact that I find it hard to eat with only my right hand.

“It’s ok sweetheart, just eat and don’t mind me” I gave her an assuring smile. Suddenly Ha Neul got up from her seat and approached me.

“I’ll help you eat instead”

“I said it’s ok, didn’t I?”

“You did. But I finished eating so now I have to help you eat too” she picked some chicken and then brought it close to my face. I opened my mouth and she fed me.

“Woah, our Jonginie is so cute” she pinched my cheek…. Jonginie?!

“Yah Man Ha Neul, since when was I Jonginie? I am Jong In your man not Jonginie your child…”

“Aigo, just look at how you are pouting your lips and then you’ll understand how cute you are. Isn’t your dad adorable?” she asked the kids. I stared at them and shook my head as if telling them to say no.

“Omma…  I am cuter than appa” Ha Na said, that’s my girl

“But appa is still cute” Jong Soo… why aren’t you trying to make me seem like a man? I had faith in you…

“See~ you are cute after all” Ha Neul teased me.

“Just wait and I’ll show you how cute I am tonight…” I whispered so only she could hear me. She hit my chest and I chuckled at the sight of her red face, well I guess she knows what I mean.

“Let’s just finish eating…” she said without even looking at me, yet she was still feeding me.  The day went like this, me teasing Ha Neul, the kids drawing on my cast and sometimes we even played games, later we watched cartoon on the TV.

“Guys come on I warmed up the water” Ha Neul shouted from inside the bathroom.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter