Chapter Fourteen

Consuming Love

Chaerin POV.

 

While refilling the bags into the shelf I can feel Dara’s glimpse on my back, also when she is talking to some of her employees. I still think about her surprised face when she saw me and a bright smile appears on my face as I replaced the last bag. I turned around to face her but she immediately looked away to hide that she was looking at me. I slowly walked to her, while passing her I told her to come with me to the break room and softly touched her hand. Without waiting for her answer I already disappeared inside the room and bought myself a coffee from the coffee dispenser. Just when I took the coffee I heard the door open and closing. “I called that “sick” person by the way….she told me that you gave her some days off. Why did you do that Chaerin?”, Dara said just a few steps behind me.

I turned around. “Well you didn’t want to skip work for some free time with me so I thought working with you could also be a good way to get to know you better…..and have some time with you.”, I explained with puppy eyes. Dara responded my look, with crossed arms but she couldn’t resist to smile a little. “Fine…but why didn’t you at least tell me?”, she asked. I walked to her to put my cub on the table, almost touching her arm. “Well first I thought about this just an hour before that girl had to go to work. Second you would have definitely forbid me to do this and last then it wouldn’t have been a surprise.”, I explained. My face was only an inch away from Dara’s, I can already smell her scent.

Dara on the other side moved away a little hardly gulping. “I guess that’s true…I can’t work with you here.”, she said with low voice. I smiled at her. “Is that so? I’m only doing my work out there Miss.”, I said. Dara looked directly into my eyes and I responded to her glimpse. “Like driving me crazy? I can’t concentrate with you around me Chaerin.”, she said. I softly took her hand in mine and played with it a little.”What? Do you want me to leave already?”, I hissed pouting. When I looked back at Dara she was smiling. “Don’t you have important meetings to attend to or something?”, she asked. I raised my eyebrow and looked at my watch. “In one hour…so you really don’t want me in your boutique don’t you?”, I said and smiled a little.

Dara kissed my cheek. “This is still your boutique Miss Lee and you can stay as long as you want to.”, she answered. I let go of her hand and drank my coffee instead. “Okay I will leave when everything important is done. But tonight we both are going to have some fun. I will pick you up at 8pm. no excuses allowed.”, I said with my serious tone. Dara nodded. “Alright should I wear something special?”, she wanted to know. “Maybe a dress? But something you feel comfortable with.”, I said. “Got it. Let’s do our work then.”, Dara said, opened the door and waited for me to leave the room. “…no need to kick me out…”, I said smirking but left the room before she could get mad. With that one hour left I helped Dara with all the paper work she wasn’t able to get rid of last week because there were too many customers and things to do.

After I finished helping her I drove to my office to meet the customer I still have to design the dress for his daughter. The wishes of that girl almost change daily. He was really surprised to see me in my casual work clothes I could see it on his look. I showed that guy my first examples and he told me on which one I should continue working with which cost me almost three hours. As he finally left I sat down on my desk, took a pen, put some music on and started to draw some dresses which are in my mind. In my imagination I used Dara as my model ‘cause the customer didn’t show me a picture of his daughter and that way it’s way more easier for me do draw. Hours passed by and when I recognized I already designed a quarter of my new collection and also some new dresses for the client. “They aren’t perfect…but at least a beginning.”, I uttered to myself, looking at the first drawings.

I turned the music off, went out of the office to my car and drove home. Back in the mansion I only cooked a little dinner for myself and my parents which are still not at home. “At least that way they won’t ask me why I want to leave.”, I said to myself while walking up the stair to my room. Inside I went directly into my wardrobe thinking ‘bout what to wear this night. I chose a white shirt, a black leather vest and dark blue skinny jeans topped with black high heels. But before changing I took a quick shower and redone my make-up.

Only a few minutes left to arrive at Dara’s apartment in time. I walked down the stairs, through the house into our garage or more like a little guest house only for all our cars. Most of them belong to my dad, but I’m always allowed to lend them from him. I took the keys of the dark blue hummer, with tinted glass and bullet-proof glass panes. I got in the car, started the engine and drove off to the apartment. I made it in time even a few minutes too early, so I decided to turn the radio on. The silent sound of the song “girl crush” by Little Big Town started to play.

 

I got a girl crush
Hate to admit it but,
I got a hard rush
It's slowing down

 

I smiled a little. “How fitting.”, I uttered to myself and saw Dara who just walked out of the door. I got out of the car and opened the door for her. “Good Evening Miss Lee.”, Dara said and kissed my cheek. “Good Evening Miss Park. You look really beautiful.”, I answered and smiled when she got in the car and I followed her inside. “So…where are we going tonight?”, Dara asked as soon as I started to drive. “You really don’t like surprises…We are going to my club.”, I told her. “I thought your family only own all the boutiques?”, Dara said. I shortly looked at her. “Well…I bought it with my own money, without letting my parents know. No media allowed, some of my friends got a job and everyone can do what he/she wants.”, I explained.

She silently looked at me for a moment. "So that's the place where you met all the girls?", Dara figured. I stopped the car because of red light and looked at her. "In the past yes. But that won't happen again. We don't have to go there if you don't want to.", I said and looked into her eyes. She shook her head. "No it's okay. I guess that's almost the only place where we don't have to hide because of the media.", she said and as the lights turned green I started to drive the last miles to the disco. I parked the car at the back of the building, got out of the car and opened the door for Dara. "Thank you.", Dara said when she got out of the car. I took her hand and lead her to the door which I opened with the handset scanner. Inside of the building loud music greeted us "Big Bang", by Jessie J. The dance floor is already filled with too much people and on the bar is already a long line waiting for their drinks.

I guided her through the crowd to the VIP area the two securities bowed a little in front of me and let me and Dara go to the other room. In that room you can barely hear the music, the wall of the entrance is made of glass so that you can see the whole area from the vip room but the guys standing outside of it can't see through it. The room has it's own bar and there are already a lot of known people. I sat down on the table near the entrance the best place to see the dance floor. Dara sat down opposite of me, looking around at all the people. "People I only know from the magazines.", Dara uttered loud enough for me to hear it. I smiled a little. "Just normal people like you and me.", I said and Dara looked at me. "Mhmm like you yes. With enough money. I wouldn't sit here without you.", Dara disagreed.

I sighed. "Just because they own a lot of money and some people recognize them on the streets doesn't mean that they are more special than everybody else is. Mostly it's the opposite to be honest.", I said serious. Dara mustered me. "So spending time with that kind of people isn't fun at all?", she asked. "Nah. They are boring or drug addicted or both etc.", I explained. Before Dara could ask me more Kai the bar keeper appeared next to us. "Hey beautiful lady's! What can I do for you two goddess?", he asked and looked at Dara a little to long. "Only a water please." I answered with a cold tone. Dara looked at me quizzical. " on the beach please.", she said and smiled at Kai. "Alright. I'll be back in a minute.", he said and winked at Dara. I clenched my hand under the table and looked at the dance floor. Is he really flirting with her?! Well I guess I can't blame him for that almost everybody in this room is looking at her..."Chaerin?", I heard Dara's voice.

"Huh?", I stuttered and looked back at her. "Is everything okay?", she asked and looked worried. I faked a smile. "Sure I was just curious if some people left the dance floor.", I lied. Kai came back with our drinks, he handed them to us but instead of leaving he sat beside me. "CL why didn't you bring this goddess sooner in this club?", Kai asked without even looking at me. I crossed my arms. "To avoid that people like you would bother her." I coldly said. Dara looked shocked at me but Kai didn't seem to hear it. "The cocktail is really good thank you." Dara tried to change the subject. Kai smiled widely. "Thank you. I hope I didn't use too much alcohol I had some problems to concentrate while making it.", Kai said and Dara blushed. Normally I really like Kai he is one of my good friends but right now I kind of want to murder him. "You should go back to the bar. People are already waiting for you.", I said.

Only one guy is waiting at the bar and he already seems to be drunk, but it's a matter of principle. "Yeah Chae is right that guy already seems to be very impatient.", Dara agreed. I smiled a little but Kai seemed to absolutely ignore what we said. "Sorry if I am too rude....but may I ask you? Are you already taken?", he asked and looked intensely at Dara. Okay now he is really going too far. I bit my tongue preventing me from saying something stupid which I will definitely regret afterwards. Dara raised her eyebrow. "It's true that question is really rude but yes I'm already taken not a single chance for you.", Dara answered. Kai simply looked at her with an opened mouth. "Kai! Get your to the bar! We need more to drink.", a guy yelled. Kai cringed and stood up immediately. "Sorry ladies someone needs me. Have a nice time.", he said, bowed and walked to the bar.

I couldn't stop myself from chuckling. "What's so funny?", Dara asked but smirked widely. I looked at her now also smiling. "He didn't expect that answer.", I only said and giggled. "Well I had to do something. You almost snapped your tongue off because of your jealousy.", Dara said. I looked at her with my poker face. "I'm not jealous?!", I complained. "Really so I can give him my number?", Dara said crossing her arms. I glared at her. "Nope.", I said. "Why not?", Dara asked. "Because...", I answered. "That's no answer. Just admit that you're jealous!", Dara said. "I'm not jealous I'm territorial. Jealous is when you want something that's not yours. Territorial is protecting which is already yours.", I said without looking at her. "Who said I'm yours? I can't remember that you asked me of being yours.", Dara said and I know that she is teasing me. I sighed and looked directly into her eyes.

"I wanted to do this tonight. I've thought about how to ask you all the time, but I didn't find the right words to say everything important. So I will ask you now. Sandara Park we don't know each other that long but I feel a connection between me and you which I've never felt before. When I am with you I'm in peace, my heart beats faster every time you look at me, or touch my hand....I'm ready falling so hard for you that I become insane when I can't talk to you. It's the first time that I feel this way, so it's kind of scaring me a little, but I'm okay with it as long as I can be with you.", I stopped myself for a second still looking lovingly into Dara's eyes. I took her hands between mine while talking. Dara started to cry when I was confessing and now I softly wiped her tears away. "Do you want to be my girlfriend?", I asked her with shaking voice.

A few painful seconds of silence passed while I was waiting for Dara's answer without looking away and I kept her hands in mine. Then in that one moment Dara smiled and nodded. "I would love to be your girlfriend Chaerin.", she answered. I jumped up from my seat cheering quietly when I skipped the distance between us and kissed her happily, without caring what the people around would think. Dara was surprised at first but she responded immediately and laid her arms around my neck. We both closed our eyes during the kiss and I just solved the kiss when we both needed some air. My lips were only an inch away from her's, her arms still on my neck while I was half kneeling half standing in front of her. I smiled happily. "Now you're officially mine.", I whispered, winked and softly touched her lips with mine. She looked at me with much love in her eyes and nodded. "Now I'm all yours Baby Rin.", she answered.