Chapter Nineteen

Consuming Love

Two Weeks Later

 

 

This is the ghost of you
Haunting the ghost of me
We're lonely in a crowded room together
Tell me who's scared now!

This is the ghost of you
Haunting the ghost of me
We're playing house in these walls forever
Tell me who's scared now!

Can we get an alternate ending?
Can we get an alternate ending, oooh..

 

From: Elena

To: Chaerin

CL where the hell are you?

You missed the last five meetings.

Everyone is asking about you.

We need to talk.

 

 

From: Minzy

To: Chaerin

Hey Chaerin,

Dara told me what happened.

I’m really sorry about that.

If you need anyone to talk about it just call me whenever you want.

 

From: Bom

To: Chaerin

Annyeong Chaerin-ah,

I heard what happened between you and my sister.

Listen I know how you must feel, but my sister isn’t herself anymore. She doesn’t eat, she won’t go to work and she doesn’t want anyone near her. I can always hear her sobs when she thinks I’m already sleeping. She won’t listen to me, so please come as soon as you can and talk to her. I’m begging you!

 

From: Unknown

To: Chaerin

Oh Baby you really don’t deserve something like that. Maybe I can help you to fix that. See you soon.

 

From: Dad

To: Chaerin

One more month to make your decision daughter.

I hope you’ll make the right choice. Your mother miss you, call her as soon as possible.

 

Missed Calls: 65

From: Unknown

To: Dara

Hey,

Maybe Chaerin already told you about me.

Listen I will try to help you two as much as I can. Just do me one favor. Never leave her again.

You two are destined to be together.

See you soon.

 

 

From: Work

To: Dara

Bom told us that you’re sick for two weeks, ‘cause you caught a influenza. We really miss our boss. Justin got your job as long as you’re gone together with your sister. He always scolds us for the slightest reason. Get well soon.

 

From: Elena

To: Dara

Annyeong Dara,

Sorry for trouble you, but I can’t reach Chaerin so I thought maybe you know where she is?

Please let me know when you know where she is.

Thank you in advance.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Missed Calls: 98 (62 from Baby Rin)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Someone’s Point of View

 

She took the fresh cooked Ramyun and placed it on the salver together with a glass of orange juice. It was a great day, the sun was shining and it wasn’t too cold. Even so it already began to snow. The door wasn’t locked – probably because she told her that she would open that door at any cost- she entered the door and found her like every day since she came back from Chaerin drenched in tears. Dara was lying on her bed, with her back to the door and covered with blankets. She refused to eat nor drink. She doesn’t leave the house and won’t stand up. Her skin looks pale, her eyes are always red and puffy from crying. Her hair is messy and she lost weight. Bom sighed quietly, walked to her and put the salver on the bedside table. “I’m not hungry.”, an exhausted voice muttered. “You have to eat something Dara. If you won’t eat I will bring you to the hospital.”, she threatened.

Silence was the only answer that followed. “Jeez…Dara how long do you want to go on with tantalizing the both of you? You two are hurting. But you can’t solve the problem by avoiding her and staying at home. This problem involves both of you so you need to find a solution together. She won’t wait her whole life for you. If you don’t tell her that you want to spent the rest of your life with her, she will be married to Brian. And if that happens there is no going back. Once she married him you will have lost her once and for all. Is that what you want?”, Bom uttered trying to calm her anger and frustration. Dara wiped her tears away, sat up and looked at her sister. “She will lose everything if she chooses me Bom. How can I do that to her?”, Dara asked more to herself than to Bom. The latter took a seat on the bedside. “She already told you that she would give up everything for you. The only one struggling here is you.”, Bom explained softly.

“I miss her so much Bommie.”, Dara cried and hugged her sister sobbing. Bom embraced her and pecked her crown. “You know where she is.”, Bom said. Dara nodded while her sister wiped her tears. “Maybe I should call her first.”, Dara mumbled and reached for her phone. Chearins number already on quick dialing, ignoring the text messages and missed calls. “Uh Dara…”, Bom wanted to interrupt her but Dara motioned her to be quiet. “Mail Box.”, Dara said wondering. “That’s what I wanted to tell you. No one saw her after what happened between you two. She doesn’t answer her calls, never showed up at work, didn’t answer to text messages. Minzy tried to visit her but no one opened the door. She even asked the neighbors but no one could tell her if she even left the apartment or not.”, Bom explained.

“Are you serious? And you are telling me this only now?”, Dara didn’t even wait for an answer, she got up from her bed, put some new clothes on and went out of her room to the front door. Bom looked unbelievingly at the point where her sister was two seconds ago. “……Yah! Dara! What do you want to do?”, Bom screamed and walked to the front door, where Dara already puts her coat on. “What do you think? I will go to my Baby Rin.”, Dara answered and took her keys. “You don’t even know where she is!”, Bom demurred. Dara opened the door ready to leave. “She is in her apartment. I’m hundred per cent sure of that.”, she said and hugged her sister. “I hope you know what you do. Please be careful and let me know when you found her.”, Bom uttered and hugged her too. Dara solved the hug. “Promise.”, she answered and left the apartment.

 

Dara POV.

 

When I decided to leave Chaerin I thought it would be the best for the both of us. That maybe then she has enough time and a clear mind to decide what she should do. Even when she said that she wanted to spent the rest of her life with me. It sounded just to sweet to be true. It was like the sweetest devotion. In my mind rose the worst situations. What if after a few years she would figure out that I'm not enough and that a "normal" life isn't what she wanted. Her frustration would turn into hate against me. I will never forget her sight when I told her that I need time to figure everything out. Her sight got lost and deeply in pain. It broke my heart into a million pieces. I could barely breath when I left her. My sight went blurry. At the end of the day I couldn't even remember how I made it safely back home. Bom only told me that I didn't speak. I only cried without making any noise.

She wanted to call an ambulance but I only shook my head. The next day I woke up when Bom wanted to leave for work. But when she saw that I wasn't even dressed and didn't stop crying she threatened me that she would call an ambulance if I won't tell her what happened between me and Chaerin. She thought that we fought and that Chaerin did something to me. I reassured her that Chaerin didn't do anything to me rather that I hurt her feelings and told her what happened. She allowed me to stay at home. All that time I thought Chaerin would move on. Like if I just ignore her calls long enough she would just tell her father that she choose her family and that the girl was just a made up story. But after what Bom told me I'm more concerned what she did to herself. She doesn't skip work for no reason, even if she caught a flue she would go to work. I took a cab to her apartment and walked into the building to the reception. "Ms. Park! Long time not seen.", the receptionist Choi greeted me. "I already told you to call me Dara Choi. I'm not that old!", I answered smiling.

Choi chuckled. "Neh. How can I help you Dara?", he said. "Well....do you know if Chaerin left the building the last two weeks? Did you hear anything from her?", I wanted to know. Choi scratched his neck. "Uhh no....I haven't seen her since you visited her the last time to be honest. But every morning, afternoon and evening someone is calling us and orders food for her. It's an unknown number from another country. Ms. Lee won't open the door if we want to bring her the food. So we just put it on the ground and will check it a few hours later. Sometimes she ate something but most of the time she didn't even touch it.", Choi explained. I bit my lower lip. //So she is definitely inside the building.// "Thank you Choi. You helped me a lot.", I said. Choi smiled. "No problem.", he said. I waved him goodbye and walked to the elevator pressing the button for Chaerins floor. When I reached the apartment my eyes slowly accustomed with the darkness. It was freezing cold inside. On the floor were lying some clothes. I slowly walked into the living room were the TV was and reporting about the current news.

The TV was the only thing which gave some light. It was already dark outside. The whole room was messy. Everywhere were clothes lying around and wadded papers. I smelled an intense scent of alcohol and soon found the source. On the dining table were a lot of beer bottles and empty glasses. The French window was broken and the terrace door was open. "Chaerin?", I shouted. I got no answer and walked to the door. //No wonder that it's that cold inside.// I took a look outside and found her outside. She was sitting on a chair at the end of the terrace, with paper on her lap and sketching something on it. I looked at her from afar. I could see deep shadows under her eyes, her almond eyes red and puffy. Her hair looks like she just got home from her hair dresser, but she dyed it blond. She was only wearing a black tank top and grey sweatpants.

The top which actually perfectly shows her curves and abs was loose on her body. So it was really true that she refused to eat. She didn't seem to notice the snow on her hair. Chaerin stopped drawing, took the beer bottle next to her and looked down on the city while sipping half of the bottle. I slowly walked to her coming from behind so that she wouldn't notice me, till I'll be standing right behind her. I kneeled down behind her, laid my arms around her and my head in the crook of her neck. God how much I've missed that scent. Chaerin froze in her position but didn't shove me away. I could feel her heartbeat under my hands, her skin was freaking cold against mine. "I've missed you.", I whispered against her neck and couldn't stop my tears from falling.

"Please tell me this isn't a dream.", I heard her murmur. I smiled slightly and kissed her jaw line. "This isn't a dream Baby Rin. I'm back and I won't ever leave you again till you have enough of me.", I answered next to her ear. I could feel her shiver and that was when she finally turned around to face me. When she realized that it's really me standing behind of her, she stood up and lifted me up on her arms, spinning me around. She kissed me passionately and rough. "I will never have enough of you Dal.", she breathlessly said after we solved the kiss. I smiled full of love, finally feeling whole again and laid my hand on her cheek. "You need to get inside. It's freaking cold outside.", I demanded still lying in her arms. She chuckled. "One second back and already commanding me around huh?", CL said. I laughed. "That's one reason why you love me that much.", I answered.

"Also we need to check your temperature....your forehead feels way to hot.", I said worriedly. Chaerin was already on her way back inside, still carrying me. "You're here. I won't get sick.", she only answered and sat me on her couch. I grasped her hands and pulled her next to me on the couch. "Stay here.", I said and went to the bathroom to get the thermometer. When I came back Chaerin had turned the TV off. "Dara! I told you that I'm fine!", she complained. I just ignored her and put the thermometer into her ear. "40 degrees....", I muttered. She smiled. "See? Everything alright.", she said. I glared at her and punched her shoulder. "Ouch! Hey! I didn't do anything!", she yelled. "Yeah that's right. You didn't eat! You didn't sleep! You skipped work! And no one could tell me anything about your whereabouts!", I yelled back. Chaerin only looked at me. "What?", I barked. She pecked my lips. "I'm so glad that you're back.", she said with tears in her eyes. My sight softened and I smiled at her. "I can't live without you.", I answered.