Chapter Eighteen

Consuming Love

Sorry for keeping you waiting guys!

I hope you will like that chapter :) (please don't hate me after this)

_____________________________________________________________________________

 

Chaerin POV

I felt a soft hand caressing my cheek. My head lying on a warm cozy pillow. I slowly opened my eyes, still swollen from crying. When you sleep everything is alright you can escape your problems for a while. At least till you wake up. Then you remember every single bad thing that happened before you fell asleep. That's exactly what happened as soon as I opened my eyes. I could still feel the spot where my dad hit me. Could still remember his wrathful and offended sight. My lower lip is burning and I could taste dried blood on it. I closed my eyes again and focused on the scent of the "pillow" I'm lying on. This odor of a person you love more than yourself. Which you would always recognize in every situation. I smiled, took the caressing hand of my love with mine and planted a kiss on the palm. "Chae! Baby you're awake. How are you?", Dara said and planted a kiss on my hair.

I turned my body, so that I was lying on my back and could face her. Her sight was filled with worry and love. I smiled sweetly. "I'm fine as long as you're on my side.", I answered honestly. Dara's facial features softened and she smiled reassured. We stayed like that for a while, just exchanging full of love and affection. “How did you get me on the couch?”,I wanted to know. Dara smiled shyly. “Well….let’s say you aren’t as lightweight as you look.”, she answered blushing. I chuckled and kissed her fingertips. “Are you trying to tell me that I should lose some weight?”, I asked serious. Dara shook her head quickly. “No! Your body is absolutely delicate!”, she said in response. I playfully raised my right eyebrow and smiled mischievously.

“Delicate huh?”, I repeated. Dara blushed even harder and hide her face behind her hands. “Aishhhh. I didn’t mean it that way! ert!”, Dara exclaimed. I burst out laughing and took a sit on her lap, my legs placed on each side of hers. “I didn’t even think that way! That was only in your mind, Beauty.”, I said and took her hands softly between mine. Her face was red like a tomato, but in an absolutely cute way. I smiled sweetly at her, bit my lower lip and winked at her. She avoided my glimpse and looked straightly at some point behind me. I chuckled slightly and kissed her hands. “I also love your petite body. I love you more than my life Dal.”, I whispered huskily. Dara closed her eyes and bit her lip. When she opened her eyes she looked straightly into mine. “What happened between you and your parents when I wasn’t around to protect you?”, she asked. I sighed, let go of her hands and stood up.

“I don’t want to talk about it.”, I said and walked inside the kitchen to pour me a glass of whiskey. I knew that she followed me, so I quickly emptied the glass at one swallow. “Did Brian hurt you?”, she asked behind me. I simply shook my head and turned around. Dara was just two steps away, arms crossed and examining every move I made. “Who did that?”, she asked. I combed my hair with my fingers. “Please Baby just let it go.”, I begged and closed the space between us. She laid one hand on my cheek and caressed my lower lip with her thump. “Why?”, she asked and caught my sight. “Because it doesn’t matter.”, I answered against her thump. She mustered my sight when I tried to avoid her glimpse. “Your father hurt you, didn’t he?”, she suddenly asked. It wasn’t really a question it was more like a statement. I only nodded and returned her sight.

“Brian gave them the pictures he took when you slept with the girl at your club. Your parents believed him.”, she continued without looking away. “He saw the hickeys. My parents thought they were from one of the girls in the club. But I told them that they were from the girl I love more than myself.”, I answered honestly. Daras sight softened by my words filled with nothing than pure love. “Tell me everything they said.”, she demanded. “Dal-“, I couldn’t say more ‘cause she stopped me with her finger on my  lips. “Tell me Chae.”, she said again. I took her hands between mine. “He said that I have to make a choice. Whether I want to be the heiress and leader of our company or if I want to be with you. He gave me one month to choose. If I choose my family and the company, I have to marry Brian in two months. When I won’t do what my father told me, he will disown me. And if he ever discovers who you are, he will destroy your and your sisters life.”, I told her.

I couldn’t stop my tears anymore they were freely rolling down my cheeks. In that moment I felt all the pain again, like my heart broke into a million pieces. Dara took my face between her hands, wiped away my tears and kissed me passionately. I immediately responded to her kiss. When I felt her tongue against my lips pleading for entrance, I opened my lips to welcome her with mine. She slowly shoved me against the kitchen counter and I felt how she slipped one hand inside my shirt. I moaned against her lips and quickly solved the kiss, when her hand began to caress my abs. “God Dara this is not the right time.”, I uttered before I would forget myself. She smiled innocently.

“Let’s talk later about it. We can do something better now.”, she answered and her hand moved higher. I bit my lower lip to stop myself from . I pecked her lips and lifted her up on my arms. “Alright but not here.”, I answered and carried her inside our bedroom. When I reached the bed I carefully laid her down and followed her. She climbed on top of me, but stopped me when I tried to reach for her. She placed my hands above my head and kissed my lips “Don’t move them.”, she demanded. I could only nod when she caught my lips for another passionate kiss.

 

 

 

 

It was midnight when I woke up. Dara was peacefully sleeping inside my embrace using my chest as her pillow. I smiled lovingly and carefully replaced myself with a pillow. Dara wrinkled her forehead irritated when I did that. I chuckled quietly and pecked her cheek before I covered myself with a long top. I sneaked out of the bedroom and walked into the kitchen, where I poured myself a glass of wine we left from dinner. I took the glass and walked outside on the roof garden. When I reached the end of the roof I stopped and looked up at the clear night sky. I took a deep sip of the wine and thought about the choice my parents want me to make. “Fame, money and hypocrisy as exchange for the love of my life.”, I murmured. I grasped the glass roughly and threw it to ground. “What will he do to you, if I choose you?”, I asked into the silence. “You should listen to your dad.”, I suddenly heard a soft voice.

When I turned around Dara stood only a few steps away from me. “Dal.”, I uttered. She smiled sadly. “I fell in love with you the first time I saw you Chaerin. And I always asked myself if you would ever notice me, or if you would even look at me. You want to know why I thought like that? Because I knew that you are out of my league. You are the second richest human on the whole world. You can buy everything you want whenever you want. You just have to snap you’re your finger and you’ll get whatever you want. Designer for the crème de la crème. Everyone of them wants to be friends with you and wants to know you. And they are begging you to visit their events and parties. You are the epitome of perfect. You are rich. You are good looking as hell. Even on the inside you are perfect. And then here am I. An employee of one of your many boutiques. Living together with my sister in one small apartment. We can barely pay our rent. We are dreaming of a live like yours.”, Dara exclaimed, turned around and ran back inside the apartment.

I could see tears rolling down her face. With her words I could literally hear how my heart cracked into pieces. I followed her inside, but before she could made another step I grasped her wrist “Are you serious?! God Dara you are the most beautiful girl in the whole world. Perfect inside and out. I don’t care if you aren’t rich and living in an apartment. I love you with everything I have. You own my heart! I don’t give a about all the money, the company, all my so called friends. Because everything that matters to me is you!”, I answered. She broke away of my grasp. “And what are you planning to do against your father Chaerin huh? I don’t care if he will ever find out who I am. But do you really think that he will just let you go? And live your life happily? Brian already hurt you once! I won’t let that happen again Chae! Never!”, she yelled. I clenched my hands angry about myself.

“He won’t do anything. I will build us a new home. Sure it will take me some time, but I will make it. And you can just continue your life. Go to work like nothing happened. He will never discover who you are. I will protect you, Bom and Minzy. No one will harm any of you.”, I explained. “Go to work like nothing happened? Like I’m not working for the man who destroyed the life of the one who owns my heart? Do you really think I can do that?!”, Dara answered. “When you are willing to spend your life with me together, then yes I think you can do that.”, I said and looked straightly into her eyes. She only looked at me without saying anything. After a few minutes which felt like an eternity she finally reacted.

“I need time to think about everything.”, she finally said. I could only look at her expressionless. “I will call you when I made my choice. Don’t try to call me and don’t visit me.”, she demanded I saw how she walked into the bedroom, when she came back I was still standing at the point she left me. She pecked my lips and caressed my cheek for the last time. “I love you.”, she whispered, turned around and walked out of the apartment. I still looked at the door, as if Dara would appear any minute. I felt nothing but pain inside of me, like someone took my part and ripped it out of my chest. Then I couldn’t hold it any longer, I let out a loud painful scream and smashed the French window behind me with my fist. I didn’t care about the pain and the blood running down my arm. All that mattered right in that moment was that the girl I loved the most just left me and most likely it will be for good.