Chapter Five

Consuming Love

Chearin POV.

 

I positioned myself a few steps away from the entrance together with my assistant and board member Elena Chartier. Next to me and her two men in black not showing any emotions. A few seconds later someone turned the music on, opened the door and all the media and customers stormed the boutique. The body guards outside of the store did their best to manage the crowd which still had to wait outside. The business clients went in during the back way. Thanks to the guys in black I made my way through the people together with Elena to welcome the VIP’s.

I spent a lot of time with shaking hands and asking them about their opinion of the new store beneath taking pictures with the customers and some interviews. Sometimes I caught myself looking for Dara. Just like now when I see her bustle between the storeroom and some customers. Only one hour passed but some things of the newest collection are already sold out. For example the dress Dara is wearing. “Everybody is avid for that dress. Did you reserve one for me too?”, Elena asked me following my glimpse. “Sure. I reserved the whole collection for you like always.”, I answered and smiled a little.

“So that are the Park sisters we’ve heard so much about huh?”, Elena said. Well there are a lot of rumors about the sisters who are always friendly to their employees and colleges. When we thought about possible employees who should get the job as branch manager almost everybody I asked suggested Sandara and Bom. So actually that’s the real reason why I wanted to visit the opening by myself. I wanted to know if it’s really true what everybody tells. “And everything is true.”, I replied still looking at Dara who is advising one customer. “Well then it’s time for me to do the opening speech.”, Elena said and wanted to go but I stopped her. “No. I will do it. It’s our biggest store in Korea isn’t it? So it is a big honor.”, I quickly said and left her behind without waiting for an answer.

While making my way to Dara I took some time to answer a few questions of lore’s, to show them where they can find what they are looking for. I reached Dara when she was serving some champagne to a young couple which just bought a few outfits. “I hope you’ll enjoy wearing the clothes. Have a nice day.”, Dara said to the clients and bowed a little. Just when I wanted to reach for Daras arm I felt an arm around my wriest. “Act normal, darling.”, I heard Brian’s voice. I put on my poker face and looked up to him. He’s avoiding my sight and just smiling in front of the media. “What the hell are you doing here Brian?”, I said silently with an threatening undertone, still not showing any emotion.

“Three reasons to be exact. First your parents are really convincing and as you know. I’m not that rich anymore….”, Brian answered. “I already know that so that’s not really keeping me from kicking you out.”, I said coldly. “Second. Chris left me when he heard that I’m almost bankrupt. And what’s the most important for you is that that little girl you spend your time with yesterday, made a video of you two having some fun. If you know what I mean. She is inside the boutique….just speaking with your branch manager.”, Brian explained to me. I tried to look in that direction inconspicuously and recognized that girl. She is asking Dara something but looking in my direction, with an innocent smile. “That’s impossible…”, I only whispered.

“Oh really? That impossible. You’ve been careless Chea.”, Brian gave me his phone. I pulled the play button of the video. I stopped it again after a few seconds. It’s really showing me in my club together with her. “God…by the way how exactly did you get that video?”, I said while I closed my eyes for a few seconds taking deep breaths to stop myself from panicking. “Uhm…”, Brian struggled with himself. I looked straight into his eyes. “You told her how to make that video didn’t you?”, I said already boiling inside. He released my wriest. “Don’t get mad. You’re in the middle of opening your store so you don’t want to start a scene don’t you?”, Brian said with a shaking voice.

“You will leave now. But before you will delete this video or I swear I will make this life a living hell for you.”, I said in a low voice. Brian just smiled. “A living hell huh? Your parents are paying me for playing your boyfriend and they also want us to be engaged. I copied that video many times and it’s obviously showing you there is no way for you to deny that. You did only one mistake… you broke your own rules Chearin. Now you have to play by my rules darling.”, Brian simply answered. “Everything okay here?”, I heard a familiar voice. I felt Brian’s hand on my wriest again, when he pulled me closer. “Sure we’re just talking about the food, right?”, Brian answered while looking at me.

I didn’t answer till Brian pinched my side rudely. I cursed mentally. “As Brian said. Everything is perfect. Don’t worry about us.”, I said smiling at Dara sweetly. She mustered me before she nodded and left. “Just keep calm and act cool. You broke so many hearts without even thinking about one of the girls. Do you even know their names?”, Brian scolded me. I couldn’t answer. But not because I didn’t want to it’s just because he’s right. I never asked the girls for their name ‘cause I wanted to forget them as fast as possible. No emotions allowed. “You don’t have to answer me. We just have to play the game till I got what I want. But till then we’re going to have a lot fun together.”, Brian said and laughed silently.