Lunch box hero

Our Manager

 

It’s been three weeks after your birthday and your dad is back in Korea for a while now, away from concert tours. But he’s been busy with planning comebacks and such. It was a normal day for you and you were in the van with Ricky and Changjo, on the way to school. You’ve been up ate the night before so you fell asleep in the car. The car stopped in front of the gates and Changjo gently tried waking you up, but you didn’t budge. “Waking her up like that is like talking to a wall. You have to do this” Ricky went up to you and moved closer “WAKE UP SLEEPY HEAD, WE’RE HERE!”

 

He shouted from the top of his lungs. Changjo covered his ears and you jumped. “Hey! Don’t do that!” You hit Ricky. Ricky laughed and ran out of the van, then Changjo went out. You were taking your time and the two waited for you outside. “-----, it’s already Teenfinite’s 6th anniversary already. Pali!” Ricky called “Alright I’m coming!”

 

You hopped off and the three of you walked off. “How the hell do you practice so hard and you do homework and still have enough energy for school”

“We’re use to it” Said Changjo

“And you should be too!” Ricky put his arm around your shoulders

“Shut up”

 

Ricky laughed and Changjo smiled. “----!” You all looked up and saw Yeonhee standing about five meters away.

 

“Be kind -----”

“But I put up with her like, almost every day” You complained

“Well we have to put up with you exactly every day” Mentioned Ricky

“At least I know I’m not as annoying as her!”

“You keep thinking that” Ricky patted your head.

“Hey ----!” She looked at Changjo and blushed “Hi”

Changjo smiled “Good morning Yeonhee.”

Yeonhee giggled and took your hand “Come on, we have our first class together”

“But class doesn’t start until another ten minutes” You stopped her

“Then we can just talk” She smiled and continued walking

 

You looked back at Changjo and Ricky who watched you go, you bit your lip and they waved good bye to you -I’ll get them soon-

 

At home, some of the members would be in their studio at their entertainment company, practicing. Some would still be sleeping and most had schedules. L woke up an hour and a half after you, Ricky and Changjo left the house. “Yeah, I’m coming now, is the van outside?. Then I’ll take a taxi. Alright” He hung up after talking to one of the staff members of the entertainment company. L walked downstairs and went into the kitchen. On the table he saw a yellow lunch box. L smiled “Pabo, she forgot her lunch box again. That girl will starve if I don’t do anything about it.”

 

He grabbed a water bottle from the fridge then took your lunch box. L got into the taxi and told the driver to take him to your school. When he arrived and got out of the taxi, the bell had gone for recess. “I don’t even think she had money for the school’s food” He walked in and roughly walked past the crowd students, racing towards the cafeteria. Most of the students, specifically female, noticed L. The stopped and tried approaching him which made it harder to walk through the hallway.

 

On the left of him, there was another hall which was less crowded. There he saw you, Ricky and Changjo standing in front of your locker. You were on your knees as Changjo and Ricky tried helping you up. L managed to squeeze himself out of the students and walked towards you. You were having a sook about forgetting your lunch.

 

“What am I going to eat now, I’m going to die by the end of today because I had nothing to eat” Your stomach rumbled “See! Did you hear that! My stomach is angry! Because I have no food!” you whined

“---- you can eat with us” Changjo got on his knee

“You guys have gross food because you have to diet! I don’t want diet food! I want normal food!”

“Oh my gosh! Why are you so hard to handle! It’s food!” Ricky got frustrated

“Shut up Ricky!”

“Y-yes ma’am” He properly stood and bowed

“Hey, you looking for this?”

 

L held your lunch box with one hand, the three of you looked at him. When you looked up, he could see that your nose and eyes were red. “Far out woman, you cry to everything” You stood up and snatched away your lunch box. Your face completely changed and was happy again “FOOD!” You hugged your lunch box then you looked up at L. You hugged him as tight as you could “I can’t believe ut of all the people who save my life, you did! Myungsoo!”

 

Ricky and Changjo’s eyes rounded and looked at each other, then they looked at L. L’s face was expressionless for a short while, then he smiled. “Yeah” Ricky and Changjo’s mouths dropped then Ricky shouted “MYUNGSOO!” L hit his head so hard that he fell on his bottom. “Nice one Ricky” Changjo laughed “Well nothing happened when ---- said it!” He complained “There’s a difference” Changjo smiled.

 

You let go of L, then looked at Changjo and Ricky. “Okay let’s go eat!” You walked down the other way with Changjo, Ricky rubbed his head then got up and caught up with you guys. L stood on his own watching you “So that’s what I get. I saved the kid’s ‘life’, according to her anyway”