Hell

Our Manager

You were walking home from school late at night because you can never work with your mum and her boyfriend arguing then making up and arguing again. You were sick of it. It was only your first day starting high school, so you took everything seriously. And for a young age, you know that you’re much more mature then your mum and how she thinks.

 

You were in front of the gates of your house and already you could hear them screaming. So you took out earphones from your bag and pulled out your iPod from your pocket and put your music on full blast so you couldn’t hear the nonsense. You walked inside and both your mum’s boyfriend and your eyes met. Without care you plainly looked away and kept walking. Her boyfriend started yelling at you, but how could you hear him when you’ve got earphones on, all you could hear was little murmuring, blocked by music. He stormed up to you and pulled your earphones back so far it began to strangle you.

 

Your mum pulled his arm back and your headphones broke apart. “DON’T YOU TOUCH MY DAUGHTER!” She slapped him and went up to you then put her hands on your shoulders “Honey could you please go inside your room” Without looking back you pulled yourself away from her and walked into your room. You shut the door hard on them and your mum’s boyfriend stared banging on your door. You quickly locked it and hid yourself behind your bed. You took out your Beats by Dr. Dre headphones out which your dad gave you for your birthday and put them on. You turned up the volume and cupped your hands on each side of the headphones with your eyes closed and your knees up to your chin.

 

-why does this always happen? Appa I want to go home back to you… Umma is so stupid she won’t let go of that jerk, what does she see in him?-

 

Tears were flowing down your cheeks and the banging stopped, you lay yourself down on the floor, hugged your legs and eventually fell asleep.