Chapter 3

Till Death Do us Apart

Hana's POV

I woke up by the sound of a door being slammed shut. I ignored it, thinking that Suho must have gone out to the backyard, but after hearing a car engine turn on, I realized Suho was leaving. I abruptly get up from my bed and run towards my window, there I see Suho's car speeding away from the house. 

I sigh and walk towards the bathroom. Every time we would spend a night together, he would stay in bed with me, caressing my hair and whispering sweet things in my ear. I remember the last time we made love, six months ago. He laid down with me and told me how he would never hurt  me and how important I was for him. Only if he had kept his words, I would've still be the happiest woman alive. 

When I reach the bathroom, I enter the bathtub and take a long hot shower. My insides ache because they haven't received any attention for months. This reminds me of the night me and Suho made love for the first time. He was so careful and sweet that for a moment I thought I was in a wonderland. The moment was so sweet and so full of love, that I realized that I only wanted to be with Suho and no one else. 

~.~

5 weeks later

 

"Why don't you come and visit me? Huh? You ungrateful child. I haven't seen you in weeks" Said Hwayoung, Suho's mother, over the phone. 

I chuckled and sat down on my bed " I've been busy. But I'll promise I'll stop by today." I said, leaning onto the bed's headboard and closing my eyes. I truly enjoy hearing Hwayoung's voice. It's always so energetic and full of love that it makes me forget about the pain Suho puts me though every day.

These past few weeks have been the hardest. After that night, Suho has been ignoring my existence. He only talks to me when he wants things or just when he wants me to move out of his way. I really thought that after that night, everything would go back to normal, that he would love me again, just like he did before, but only the opposite happened.  He doesn't even want to acknowledge my presence anymore.

"I'll will be waiting for you!" Said, Hwayoung before hanging up. 

I put my phone on the bed stand and get up from my bed. For a moment, everything looked blurry. My knees felt weak and I felt a pressure building up in my stomach and quickly rise towards my throat. I put my hand on top of my moth and run towards the toilet, where I released this morning's breakfast. 

After a while, I get up from the floor and walk towards the sink. What was that about? Since I was little, I was a very healthy and strong girl. I never got sick, not even when it's below zero outside. Maybe the cheese that I ate this morning was old, which is weird since I just got that cheese yesterday from the store. Maybe it was a mistake and the employees at the store misplaced it. 

Shrugging the thought off, I grab my car keys and my purse before walking towards my car. As I walk towards my car, I wave at my neighbor, Ailee, who was watering her plants. She waves back before she starts watering her roses. When I got into my car, I put my headphones, started the car and drove towards Hwayoung's house. 

When I was at at red light, I see my phone light up. I quickly grab it and see it's a message from my menstrual cycle app. I look up at the traffic light to make sure it's still red before I open the message.

"Hana, Did you forget to update your calendar? Our calculations show that your period was supposed to come on March 2, 2015.  You're five weeks late" 

I throw my phone on the passenger seat and take my headphones off. I completely forgot about my period. I was supposed to get it the day before me and Suho made love, but I never got it. These past couple of weeks I've been so preoccupied with Suho that I forgot about it. 

Without a second thought, I drive towards the pharmacy that's a street before Suho's mom's house and buy a pregnancy test. As I walk through the maternity hallway, I can't help but feel like everyone is staring at me. An elderly couple looks at me, as I grab the pregnancy test, and smile at me. I awkwardly smile back before walking towards the cash register.

The cashier smiles at me as I nervously give her the money. After paying, I run towards the store's bathroom, ignoring all the stares and complains from people. I never thought I would ever take a pregnancy test in a public bathroom but I'm too desperate to wait until I get home. 

When I reach the bathroom, I run into one of the stalls and sit down on the toilet. Before I take it, I pray to got for it to be positive. I've always wanted to be a mother. Having a little part of me and Suho walking around will fill my heart with so much happiness and joy.

When I finished praying, I take the pregnancy test. As I waited for the results to come through, I read the instructions one more time to make sure I did everything correctly. It said it was going to be ready in three minutes. 

3 minutes left: 

I stump my feet impatiently as I wait for the results to come through. The little square is slowly filling up, but I feel as if It'll never reveal the results. Why doesn't a one-minute test result exist?

2 minutes left:

My heart is going to explode. I need to know If I'm pregnant or not. I need to know now!

1 minute left:

My lungs are going to give out and my heart is going to jump out of my chest. I've never imagined that taking a pregnancy test would be so nerve wrecking!

 

When the result came through, I grab the stick and stare at it. I blink a couple of times to make sure that I'm seeing the results correctly. 

After accepting the results, I sit down on the toilet and place my hands over my mouth as tears rolled down my face..

I can't believe this is happening. 

 

~.~

Suho's POV

As I walked through the hallways of the Hilton hotel, I untie my tie and start to get comfortable. I slide my fingers through my hair and smirk to myself, imagining about what's waiting for me behind the door 245. 

When I reach the room, I knock lightly. I hear heels clicking on the floor, before the door opens, revealing a y and attractive looking woman. 

She smirks at me and grabs my tie "Are you ready for me, Suho?" She asked, before seductively bitting her lower lip.

"You know I'm always ready for you, Tiffany"