Chapter 16

Till Death Do us Apart

Hana's POV

 

"Hana, are you sure you want to do this?" asked Kyungsoo as he slung his backpack over his shoulder.

I stared at the gate for the longest time. Since we got to the airport, two hours ago, I kept on thinking and thinking about this entire situation. This is not how I wanted my life to turn out. I was one of those little girls that dreamt about having a happy family when I grew up. Going on trips together, picking up my child from school with my husband, watching movies every night. It’s funny how everything turned out, the complete opposite of how I dreamt.

I looked at Kyungsoo and gave him a light nod. I need this in order to have a healthy pregnancy. I need this as much as I need to breathe. Leaving Korea will be one of the hardest things I have to do, but there’s no other choice.

"Alright. We should go in.” He said softly.

Kyungsoo placed his hand on my back, pushing me lightly since I was not moving one inch. Every step I took, felt like a shotgun. It hurt badly. I know my baby feels the pain I’m feeling and that makes me feel worse. Every time I think I’m going to be okay, my world falls again, breaking the slightest hope I had left. Tiffany’s pregnancy was a wakeup call for me. Suho and I would never be together again. He made his choice and after all this months, I’ve finally made mine.

Suho’s POV

“I shouldn’t have allowed you to marry Hana! You’re a disgusting piece of !” Screamed Hana’s father, hitting me with all the strength he had left.

I laid on the floor, not daring to move a muscle. I admit it, it hurts so badly I want to push him off and hit him with the same force he is hitting me, but I don’t want to. I deserve all this pain. I deserve all his hits, curses and threats. I’m just a piece of who deserves to die. I’m not worthy enough to live. I cheated on the only woman who loved me and who stood by me through every hardship I ever had to endure. , she stayed with me for such a long time even after I treated her like the biggest piece of on earth.

“I’m so glad she won’t deal with your cheating anymore. She’s going to be very far from you tomorrow.” He said, hitting me once more before standing up and cleaning his blood filled fist on his shirt. “I’ll never allow you to see her or her child ever again”

She’s leaving? I opened my eyes slowly and watched as Hana’s father left the house, slamming the door shut behind him. For a moment, I started to panic. With the smallest piece of strength I had left, I got up from the floor and walked towards the door, only to stop before opening it.

Who am I to stop her? After everything, how would I dare to stop her? She deserves to leave, she deserves to be far away from me, and my child doesn’t deserve a ty father like me. What am I going to tell him in the future when he meets….when he meets the child I had with Tiffany? Would I even dare to tell him that I cheated on his mother and caused her pain? I just can’t.

I slid down the door and sat down, not even bothering to clean the blood on my face. I looked around my once loving house, in disgust. This house that once stood as a loving house, is now the most disgusting thing I have seen. Hana must have cried, cursed and screamed so many times in this house because of me. I don’t even want to live in this hopeless place anymore.

Hana’s POV

“I can’t believe we’re actually in the United States. Don’t get me wrong Hana, but I thought you weren’t going to do it” said Kyungsoo, placing his arm over my shoulder and bringing me closer to him.

I nod as I keep on looking around airport. So many people trying to get their bags, talking on the phone, asking question, and just living their busy lives. While I’m here, not even wanting to walk. The long flight, seemed faster than what It usually feels. All I did was sleep, read, watch movies and repeat. I didn’t even talk to Kyungsoo as much as I should have, after all, he gave up his life in Korea just to live across the world with me.

When we got a taxi, Kyungsoo gave the driver our address in perfect English. After all, he was the top English student at our high school. On the way to our new home, he stayed quiet, not wanting to make feel uncomfortable. I felt bad that he had to keep himself from speaking because of me, but I’m also very grateful. All I want to do is drown on my thoughts, even though I know it’s not healthy for me to keep on thinking about all of this.

Tiffany must feel so happy that I’m finally out of the picture. The way she looked and talked to me that day was so cynical. She smiled and talked as if nothing has happened between me, her and Suho. But that doesn’t matter now. She finally got what she wanted.

She finally has Suho.

~.~

“I missed this apartment” said Kyungsoo, overlooking the city through the large window on the living room. “Remember when we came here every summer when we were kids? I’m glad your parents decided to keep this place instead of selling it”

I gave him a light smile as I sat down on the white leather couch. I do love this apartment. My family and I lived here for a significant amount of my childhood so it truly holds a special spot in my heart. My mother loved white, silver and black so she decorated most of the living room with those colors. It’s a weird combination but somehow she made it work. It looks elegant and chick at the same time.

“I’ll go put your bags in your room so we can unpack. I’ll be right back” He said, walking towards my red suit case and sliding it on the floor.

“Can we not unpack now? I just want to go out and get some fresh air.” I said, getting up and walking towards the door.

Kyungsoo looked at me, surprised at my sudden behavior since all I’ve done is nod and shake my head for the past 24 hours. If I stay locked inside a place another minute, I think I’ll go insane. I spent almost 20 hours on an airplane, 20 minutes on a taxi and I really don’t want to spend the rest of the day locked inside the apartment.

I need fresh air and some time by myself. Kyungsoo got the hint that I wanted to be alone, and gave me a light nod and smile before sending me off.

I quickly put my shoes on and walked out of the apartment. I grabbed my phone to see if I had any missed calls, but I had none. I small hint of disappointment filled my heart but I quickly shook it off. I don’t want to talk to Suho. I don’t want to see him, listen to him or even hear from him ever again. Even if my heart is being stupid and wanting to talk to him just for one bit to scream at him, I won’t do it. I won’t give him that privilege to hear my voice anymore because he doesn’t deserve it.

When I reached the elevator, the door from the apartment next to mine opened. A very familiar man came out talking on the phone.

“I’m not planning on going back to Korea for a while mother. I need to stay here and work on the family’s hospital” He said, annoyed. “I have to hang up. I’ll call you tomorrow”

Putting his phone on his pocket, he looked up and noticed me looking at him. Seeing his face, my eyes widened in surprise. His lips formed into a smile as he approached me.

“Ms. Hana. What a surprise seeing you here” He said, smiling widely.

“I must say the same, Mr. Park” I said, smiling lightly.

He was looking as handsome as he did a couple of weeks ago. His hair was styled back, his skin smooth looking and blemish free, his teeth pearly white, and his outfit as stylish as it could ever be.

“Oh, please, just call me Chanyeol” He said, still smiling.

I smiled “Well, just call me Hana”

He smiled and took a deep breath “So how is your pregnancy going so far? You and your husba-“

“I don’t have a husband. Please, don’t talk about him anymore in front of me please.” I said, feeling the tears building up on my eyes. I blinked rapidly, stopping them from coming out.

Chanyeol’s eyes widened “Oh, I’m sorry. I didn’t know” He said.

For a moment, I felt like slapping myself across the face. He must think I’m some kind of psycho. One day she’s happy and the other day she’s sad and and snaps at him when he just asked an innocent question.

“No, I’m sorry. I’m just a little stressed lately, that’s all” I said, taking a deep breath, trying to calm myself down.

Chanyeol bit his lower lip, unsure of what to say next “This may sound a little strange, but would you like to get some tea with me? It might help you feel better”

I looked at him, surprised of his offer. He must be a very understanding man. His offer seems so sincere and kind that I couldn’t deny it.

“I would love to.” I said, giving him a light smile.

I need some time with people that don’t know my problems. People that would not judge me or treat me differently just because my husband cheated on me and will have another child with a heartless . I need someone like Chanyeol right now.