Chapter 19

Till Death Do us Apart

Chanyeol's POV

The morning after spending the day at the beach was truthfully painful. My body ached from running from place to place, trying to catch up with Hana. Even though she's pregnant, she surely has the energy of a 6 year at a birthday party.

After getting dressed to go out to visit my parents, I walk out of my apartment and towards the elevator, there I see the same girl from yesterday, Eunji. Noticing my presence, she looks up and smiles at me.

"Long time no see" She cheerfully says "Good morning Chanyeol"

I give her a light smile "Good morning Eunji"

Not truly paying attention to the girl, I grab my phone from my pockets and dial my secretary's, Isabel,  number. In two rings she answers.

" Isabel, I am not planning on going to my office today, please re-arrange my meetings and appointments"

"No problem Mr. Park. Have a great rest of the day" Says Isabel before hanging up.

I place my phone back in my pocket as me and Eunji enter the elevator

"So, not working today?" she asks, her eyes filled with curiosity.

I look at her from the side of my eyes, trying my best not to seem uncomfortable. I have just met this girl and is she not only asking about my private life, but also listening to my phone conversation.

"Not today." I say, coldly, trying to distance myself a little.

"Oh, in that case, want to go with me to a coffee shop?" She asks, smiling widely.

I shake my head " No. I have other plans" I say before getting off the elevator.

As I walk, I hear her heels clicking behind me "You don't have to be so rude, you know?"

"Sorry, Eunji. But, I am not really interested right now" I say, under the impression that she is actually asking me on a date.

Since yesterday, I've been thinking about Hana. I've come to realize that I truly see her as more than just a friend. After caring not only for her but also her unborn child, I feel as if me and her developed some kind of bond. For her it might be a close friendship, but for me it's way more than that.

"Alright, I get it. You're not interested in a date, so how about we go as friends? After all, I truly don't know a lot of people in the city except for some classmates, and to be quite honest, they're s" she laughs.

I laugh with her, as the tension between us vanishes as a result of her confession. " Fine. Let's go out for coffee, but unfortunately I can't today. As I said, I have plans"

"I understand. I guess you will have to make it up for me this Saturday. Bye Channy" she playfully says before walking ahead of me and walking through the exit door.

As I exit my building, I receive a call from Kyungsoo.

Me: Hey Kyungsoo, how is it going?

Kyungsoo: Not so good, Suho started the divorce process. Hana is saying that she doesn't care but I know she is hurting on the inside.

Me: He started the divorce papers? Wasn't he really focused on getting Hana back?

Kyungsoo: He was, but apparently he believes that she cheated on him with you and that her baby is yours instead of his.

Me: You have got to be kidding me. I drive over there right now.

Before Kyungsoo could answer, I jogged towards my car and drove as fast as I could to Hana's apartment. When I arrived, Kyungsoo opened the door.

"She's in her room. You should go and talk to her" He says, letting me in the apartment.

I quickly thank him before walking on through the long hallway towards Hana's bedroom. Before entering, I lightly knock on the door, letting her know that I am going in.

"Hana, are you okay?" I ask as I enter the room.

After entering, I see Hana sitting on her bed, applying lipstick on.

"I am great" she says, giving me a bright smile.

I look at her, surprised at her current cheerful mood. She is dressed up in a white summer dress with cream colored sandals.

"Are you going anywhere?" I ask cautiously.

"I am actually going out baby shopping. I have been so preoccupied with Suho that I haven't even gotten anything for my baby." She says.

I turn my gaze towards Kyungsoo, who seems as confused as I am.

I was truly expecting Hana to be broken into little pieces. She has told me about her situation and how a small part of her wished that this entire situation would get fixed, but everything just went downhill. I am not a psychologist, but I know people react to some events in different ways. Maybe, this is her way of coping with everything.

"Want to come with me? Kyungsoo has run some errands so he can't come" she says, smiling at me.

"I am actually visiting my parents today, but if you want, we can visit them together and then we can go baby shopping" I say, smiling back at her.

I do think bringing her to my parents is a good idea since they do not know anything about her situation, but I rather take her with me then to leave her by herself. I'll just deal with my parents later.

"That sounds great!" says Hana, getting up and grabbing her purse "Let's go"

Quickly saying goodbye to Kyungsoo, we make our way towards the elevator and towards the exit of the building.

~.~

"This is your parent's house?" Asks Hana, hanging open with shock.

Even though me and Hana have been friends for a little while, I haven't told her about my economic status. Yes, my family is filthy rich, but I don't like mentioning that to any of my friends. I believe that by announcing it, people would become friends with me only for my money.

"It is" I say, looking at her walk to the bed of roses sitting by the door " We should go in now" I say, grabbing her hand and helping her walk up the stairs.

As we walk up, the big front doors open, revealing my mother. She looks down and me and Hana and slightly opens, not understanding the situation. 

When we reach the door, my mother still has not said anything.

"Mother, this is Hana. Hana, this my mother, Eunjung"  I say, trying to break the ice.

Hana, unaware of the situation smiles at my mother "Nice to meet you" she says.

My mother, trying to be polite, smiles at her "Nice to meet you too. Please come in"

I allow Hana to walk inside before entering. As Hana observes her surroundings, I quicly turn around and quitely beg my mother not to make a scene and promise her that I will explain everything later.

 My mother has always wanted me to marry. Ever since I graduated from medical school, she has been begging me to marry, but not with any girl. She has a girl, her friend's daughter, in mind. Apparently, she is a very beautiful, smart and kind hearted woman, but honestly I am not interested. I want to marry someone because I love them, not because my parents want me to.

​"Your house is very beautiful" says Hana, as she walks towards the large hallway, which is decorated with multiple family pictures.
 
"Thank you" says my mother, trying her best to be kind. "Shall we go to the living room?  Your father is waiting for us"
 
I nod and walk towards Hana, placing my hand on her back, I direct her towards the large living room, where my father is sitting, his eyes glued on his tablet.
"Darling, Chanyeol is here" says my mother, walking ahead of us and standing behind my father.
 
Slowly, my father looks up, and just like my mother, his eyes widen in surprise. "Chanyeol, what is going on?" he bluntly says.
 
"Hello father, this is my friend Hana" I say, trying to make my parents understand that she is not my girlfriend, nor that the child is mine.
 
As soon as those words escaped my lips, my both of my parents sigh in relief
 
"You scared us there for a second. I thought that she was your girlfriend and expecting your child" Says my father, laughing as if this was the funniest moment in his life.
 
My parents ar very conservative and religious. For them, having  child out of wedlock is something atrocious and frowned upon. I can imagine the shock my mother and father felt when they saw Hana.
 
"Don't worry Mr. Park, me and Chanyeol are just friends" says Hana, laughing as well.
 
~.~
After spending a couple of hours at my parent's house, me and Hana decide to leave to go baby shopping. My parents truly loved Hana. They were complimenting her on her beauty and her class. Surprisingly, they did not ask anything about the father. My father almost asked about her marriage, but before he could finish the sentence, I interrupted him and told him some made up story and made him laugh.
 
"It was very nice to meet you Hana. You truly are amazing" says my mother, placing her hand on Hana's shoulder.
 
Hana politely thanks her and says goodbye to my father before walking out of the house and towards my car. Before I leave the house, my mother holds my hand and stops me from leaving.
 
"Have you decided to meet my friend's daughter yet? Chanyeol, you wont regret it, she truly is a nice young woman" says my mother, her eyes pleading for me to accept her proposal.
 
I sigh "Mother, I'm not interested. Can we please talk about this later? I don't feel like discussing this right now" I say, before walking down the stairs and getting into my car.
 
I do not have any interest in meeting this girl, because right now, my goal is to be with Hana and support her as much as I can.
 
Suho's POV
 
"What do you mean you're divorcing Hana? I though you guys were working on your marriage?" Says my mother, shocked by the sudden news.
 
I roll my eyes "There is nothing to fix, Mother. Did you know that as I was here suffering for her she was in New York with her man? I am sure that child is his and not mine." I say, feeling the anger start to raise up.
 
"I can't believe youre talking about her like this. Hana would never cheat on you, Suho" Says my Mother before getting up from the couch and walking away.
 
She is too in love with Hana to see how much of a liar she is. Getting tired of being in my parent's house, I get up and walk towards the door. Before I opened the door, I heard my father's voice, asking me to follow him into his office.
 
"Father, I really don't feel like tal-"
 
"Shut up and listen. I don't want to hear you complain, specially not now" interrupts my father.
 
I quickly shut my mouth and sit down in front of his desk. If I know something, is to never disrespect my father. He might be an honorable and respectful man, but when he is angry, it is best to shut up and listen.
 
"I heard you're divorcing Hana. Is it true you cheated on her with Tiffany, who is also carrying your child?" He asks, his cold eyes staring at me.
 
Afraid, I keep my head down "Yes father. Tiffany is pregnant with my child"
 
"And how do you know that it is really your child?" He asks.
 
"Because she has only been with me, nobody else. Plus, she wouldn't lie about that" I explain, trying not to get angry. Tiffany is not like other girls, she loves me and would never leave me, not like Hana did.
 
"Just like you lied to Hana all this time?" He asked, his voice raising with anger " I thought better of you Suho. You're a disappointment"
 
I lower my head "What's done is done Father. What do you want me to do?" I ask.
 
My father sighs " Are you sure you want to divorce Hana?" he asks.
 
Without saying anything, I nod my head, trying not to make him angry again. I know that if I say anything bad about Hana, he would not hesitate on hitting me. Hana was the sunshine of his day. He adored her as if she was the daughter he never had.
 
"Alright. Divorce her. But, I just want you to know that her and the child will still be part of the family, no matter what you say. And also, I'll make sure to take money out of your pay check and send it to her, so get ready to see that gap on your account" says my father, before walking around his desk and towards the door.  "And Tiffany will never be as good as Hana is. She is just a tramp, just like her mother"