Chapter 18

Till Death Do us Apart

Chanyeol's POV

After spending the day with Hana and Kyungsoo, I return to my lonely apartment. I park my car and walk  towards the building. I quickly greet the receptionist before entering the elevator and pushing the 32nd floor button. As the doors are about to close, a woman, in her middle 20s, walks into the elevator and flashes a bright smile. I smile back before reaching towards my vibrating phone.

I scan the screen and see a message from Hana:

Today was fun. Let's do it again soon! Have a great night sleep.

I chuckle and quickly type a goodnight message before putting my phone back in my pocket.

"Girlfriend huh?" chuckles the unknown girl.

I look at her, not sure whether she was speaking to me or she was talking on her phone. My eyes meet hers and her smile widens "Not my girlfriend, a friend"

She chuckles again "A person does not smile as wide as you did when receiving a friend's text" she says, running her fingers through her hair " And to think that I was about to hit on you"

I raise my eyebrow, not understanding the situation. Before I could say anything to her, the elevator door opens and we both walk out.

"I guess we're neighbors." She says, as we walk the same way "I'm Eunji, nice to meet you"

"Chanyeol. Nice to meet you too" I say, trying to be polite.

"See ya around" she smiles before stopping in an apartment two doors away from mine. I smile and wave before she quickly opens her door and closes it behind her. What a strange girl. I shrug my shoulders and walk towards my apartment and quickly walk inside.

I walk towards the kitchen and pour myself a cold glass of water. How nosy is that girl? Saying that I like someone and not even knowing me at all. I chuckle and drink the water before going into my room and then to the bathroom.

I don't like Hana. She's my friend and patient. We have a strong friendship, that's all. Sure, I flirted with her back in Korea but that is just an old trick to get patients.

I stare at myself in the mirror and find myself smiling at the thought of Hana today. The way her hair danced with the wind and how she pouted at the thought of not being able to have a beer with us. Realizing what I was thinking about, I shake my head.

I can't like Hana. She is a friend, nothing more Chanyeol. Get that through your thick skull you idiot!

She's a friend..

A friend that I really, really like.

Suho's POV

Going out for a run truly helped me a lot. The scenery of the park and the fresh air really helped me clear my mind, making me realize that I need to stop being so miserable.  Walking into my house, I felt my phone vibrate. I quickly take it out of my pocket, and see it's a message from an anonymous number.

"That's weird" I say to myself before opening the message. In the message are five pictures of a girl in a yellow bikini and a tall and lean male. Curious, I tap on the pictures to make them larger.

"Hana?" I say, not believing my eyes. "Dr. Park"

In the pictures, Dr. Park is holding Hana from behind and raising her into the air while she laughs. I felt my blood boil. For a moment, all I could see was red. My first clenched so hard, I felt my nails dig through my skin, making blood drip to the marble floor.

This is what she has been doing all this time? She has made herself the victim for so long and attacking me for doing the same thing she is doing now. How could she?! After begging her for so long to take me back and to forgive me, she runs to Dr. Park! I knew there was something about him that was not right. I ing knew it!

She was probably ing him before me and Tiffany started seeing each other again. She saw this as the perfect opportunity to break our marriage and run to him! She is such a !

I grab my phone, and quickly dial Hana's number. In four rings she finally answers.

Hana: Suho?

Me: You are very smart you know. I applaud you and your ing acting skills Hana. Bravo!

Hana: What are you talking about?

Me: I know you are seeing that stupid doctor, Hana. I ing knew there was something wrong with him. Since the way he acted at the hospital and how nice you were to him, I knew something was off! you and him too.

Hana: Suho, I don't under-

Me: Save it. I don't want to see you ever again Hana. That bastard you're expecting is probably not even mine

Without saying anything else, I threw my phone towards the wall, shattering it into pieces. How could I have been so stupid! Damn it!

 

Hana's POV

Dumbfounded, I sit down on my bed. What the hell is wrong with Suho. Does he really think I cheated on him? , that doesn't even matter to me anymore. He called my child, our child, a bastard. If there was any chance of us getting back together, that is gone now.

I wipe my tears away, tired of everything. This time, I am done. I can't deal with anybody right now, specially Suho. Grabbing my phone, I throw it on the wall, smashing it to pieces. Him and Tiffany deserve each other.

"We're going to make it. I promise" I say, rubbing my small bump. "Your father can rot in hell".

~.~

The next morning, I wake up with a massive headache. I slowly get up from my bed and walk towards my bathroom. My eyes are as puffy as they could possibly be. I can't believe I spent the entire night crying. So, so stupid and pathetic. I splash some water on my face before I hear a knock on my door.

I open the door and see Kyungsoo holding the house phone. His eyes widen as he sees my puffy face but I just shake my head, begging him not to say anything.

"It's someone from Korea. I don't know who it is, but they want to speak to you" he says, giving me the phone.

I grab the phone from his hand and place it on my ear as I walk towards my bed and sit.

Me: Hello.

Jin Goo: Ms. Hana, this is Attorney Jin Goo. I am calling on behalf of Mr. Kim Junmyeon. I just wanted to let you know that he has started the divorce process. You will be receiving the divorce papers later this week.

Me: Suho wants a divorce?

Jin Goo: Yes. But, if you have any objections, we can-

Me: No, I don't. You can tell him I will be looking forward to signing the divorce papers. Thank you.

I hang up the phone and look at Kyungsoo whose mouth is hanging wide open.

"You and Suho are divorcing?" Asks Kyungsoo.

I nod "We are. Last night he accused me of cheating on him with Chanyeol." I explained "I truly have no idea why"

"He's an . Just ignore him and get it over the divorce with, okay?" says Kyungsoo giving me warm smile.

Starting today, I'm starting from scratch.

Today, there is going to be a new me.