Chapter 1

Till Death Do us Apart

Hana's POV

I waited patiently in the living room for him. He told me he was going to get home at 10:00 pm but it's 12:55 am. He was supposed to be at home three hours ago, he was supposed to be with me, his wife, instead of being with his friends in a club. 

He told me he was going out for a few drinks after work "It'll only be an hour" he said 

I should've known better. He's been doing this type of things to me to for the past three months. Going out after work and on the weekends, only to return after midnight. I'm not a very controlling person, but this is too much. 

I looked at the clock one last time before I walk up to my room. 1:35 am . He's probably not coming home today. With a loud sigh, I walk upstairs and into my empty room. When I get there, I throw myself on the bed and grab Suho's pillow. I grab it and press it against my chess tightly, trying to fill the emptiness inside of me by pretending its his body that's against mine. 

I wipe the tears that rolled down my cheeks before I close my eyes and try to go to bed. It's no use waiting for him, He's not coming home today.

 

As I was falling asleep, I hear the front door slam shut. I quickly open my eyes and get off the bed. Could it be Suho? I look at the clock on my bed stand and it reads 4:15 am. I look outside my window, and see his car parked right next to mine. 

With a sigh of relief, I walk out my room and towards the kitchen. There, I see Suho gulping down a glass of water. He is leaning against the counter, his tie untied, his dress shirt wrinkled and his hair messy, just like he always looks after those nights in the club. 

I walk towards him and stand still in front of him with my arms crossed. He looks at me and puts the water bottle down. There, I get a moment to study his skin and face a little bit closer. Just like I suspected, red lipstick is smeared on the side of his neck.

"What?" He coldly asks. 

I try to hold back my tears by trying to imagine other possibilities about what that mark could be. It might be ink, or maybe it was an accident. All these other possibilities flew though my head, but the most obvious one just stayed tattooed in my mind. It's lipstick.

"Nothing" I said, with a fake smile. I get closer to him and wipe off the bright red stain from his neck "you had some ink or something" I said after removing the stain from his neck. 

He rolls his eyes and walks out of the kitchen, leaving me just like he always does each night.

Lonely, sad and heartbroken.

 

~.~

"Today is your mother's birthday. We have to stop by and give her the present we bought her" I said, placing a plate of pancakes in front of  Suho.

He carefully scans through his phone, typing a word or two, before he looks up at me "I might go with the guys to the club tonight. We'll go to my mother's house and come back before ten so that I can leave" said Suho, putting his phone down and putting syrup on his pancakes.

I sigh and sit on the seat in front of him "You're really going to the club tonight? It's your mothers birthday" I said, getting angry "Don't you think your mother is more important than a stupid club?"

Suho threw the fork on his plate and gave me a cold and hard stare "What I do is none of your business. If I want to go to the club, even on my mother's birthday, I will go to the club" He said, getting up. "I've lost my appetite, thanks to you"

I sat there, in shock and in disbelief. Did he really say t he club is more important than his mother? God, who am I even kidding. Of course it is. 

"If the club is more important than me, of course it has to be more important than his mom" I said out loud, without even realizing it. 

Suho stops walking and slowly turns around to face me. His eyes are still cold and heartless "What did you say?"

I clear my throat and shake my head "Nothing" I said. 

I get up and take his plate from the table.  Walking towards the counter, I curse under my breath 10 times. Did I really say that out loud?  Damn it!

Before I reach the counter, I feel a cold and tight grip on my arm. Suho turns me around and pins me against the counter "Don't you ever dare to say that the club is more important than my mother. Nothing is more important than my mother. Not the club, not my work, and not even you." He spat, his grip getting tighter and tighter. "Don't ever say that again"

I nodded before he let go of my arm and walked out of the kitchen. The tears I haven't realized I've been holding in, escaped my eyes, making me feel more worthless and useless than what I already feel. 

I know I shouldn't be with him anymore. The way he treats me and the way he makes me feel is just so disgusting and sad, that I should be filing for a divorce by now. 

I've told myself that I shouldn't be with him, that he is the enemy and the villain..

but I just can't see myself without him..

I'm still hopeful that one day, the man I feel in love with will come back and the dirty and evil one will walk out the door. 

I can't give up on our love, at least not yet. 

~.~

"Happy birthday, mom" said Suho as gave his mother, Hwayoung, a tight and warm hug.

"Thank you, darling" She said, giving her loving son a warm hug and a sweet kiss on his cheek. 

"Happy Birthday, Hwayoung" I said after Suho and her broke the hug.

Hwayoung is the loveliest woman I've ever met. She's kind, warm, charming and so caring that it's unbelievable. Her and my mother are very close friends. They met about 5-8 years ago on a restaurant back in the United States.  Since then, they have been inseparable. That's how I met Suho, because of my mother and Hwayoung's friendship.

"Thank you sweety!" She said, walking towards me and giving me a tight hug. "I've missed you so much! More than Suho" she said jokingly.

I laugh and click my tongue "Did you hear that Suho? She missed me more than you". 

I look at Suho, waiting for him to laugh but all he did was stare at me with those cold and hard eyes. I got shivers just by knowing that they were staring at me. 

"Your mother is in the kitchen" Said Hwayoung, patting my back "She's making her famous chocolate cake"

I smile at her as we walked inside the kitchen. There, I see my mother, my father, my brother, some of Suho's family and my long time friend Kyungsoo. 

"Hana!" said my mother as she walked towards me, giving me a long kiss on my check. I chuckle and give her a quick hug before walking towards my dad and doing the same. 

"Haven't seen you in ages!" said my dad, giving me long and tight hug.

"I saw you last week" I said with a chuckle. 

I missed being around people that love me and make me laugh. They all me feel so happy and energetic. Being around them makes me forget about all the pain I feel when I'm with Suho, even if it's just for a while. 

When I walk towards my little brother, Sehun, who is devouring a plate of pasta "Not now, I'm eating" He said, before he started eating again. 

I chuckled and walked towards my close friend, Kyungsoo. He smiles at me and looks at me from head to toe. Since we were teenagers , Kyungsoo has had feelings for me. Back in high school, when I was dating Suho, he confessed his love for me. I, blindly in loved with Suho, turned him down.

'I'll never give up. You'll love me one day, Hana' He said when I told him I don't have any feelings for him.

He walked towards me and gave me a tight and long hug. He kissed my forehead and pinched my cheek, something he does every time we'e meet since we were young. 

"How's life treating you?" He asked, leaning on the counter. 

I gave him a light smile "Could be better" 

As I said those words, I look at Suho who is quietly staring at me and Kyungsoo, with his lips in a straight line. 

My smile drops and I quickly look back at Kyungsoo, who is giving me a sad smile. "When will you finally admit that you're not happy?" He asked quietly.

I look at my feet and put my hands inside my sweater "I feel that If I say that I'm not happy, I'm giving up on this marriage" I said. 

I look up at Kyungsoo " And I'm not ready to give up on us. At least not yet"