Chapter 19

I Want You Back

It was almost the end of winter break, which means going back to school is a thing. While Infinite was out doing there usual business throughout the whole winter break, you have been at home hanging out with Jangmi and taking care of her. It feels a bit less lonely in the house since Sungyeol would usually be out with the guys and you would be left alone at home. Since Sunggyu and everyone except Sungyeol got you Jangmi for Christmas this year, it was less lonely since you would always be cuddling with her on the couch and playing with her.

One morning, you were about to go feed Jangmi til you noticed that she ran out of food. "Omo..." You said as you noticed the empty dog food bag. "Are you already out of food?" You blinked as you couldn't believe it, "How long has it been?" A whimper came from Jangmi making you look over and noticed her ears went down while her puppy dog eyes were sparkling.

You let out a sigh as you knew she was hungry. As always Sungyeol wasn't home since he was most likely out with the guys, so you were stuck doing this on your own. "Araso, looks like we're gonna go get you some food while get some food for myself on the way." You said as you happily picked up Jangmi and went to your room to get ready. Once you changed into some warm clothes, you happily put the leash on Jangmi and you both headed out to the nearest pet store.

~*~*~*~

~Sungyeol's POV~

Winter break was almost over, yet we're still here stuck figuring out this problem. Sunggyu was stressed, and I mean I understand what he's going through. These dealers wouldn't shut up and have been making us work doing deliveries and getting some payments down. Sunggyu did say one job and we can stop this, but since they started to notice ~~~~, we have to keep on going til they are going to shut up. Which is pretty annoying.

"Hyung...you good?" L asked as I looked up and noticed he was tired since he didn't get much sleep last night.

"Nae," I said as I glanced down, "I'm just tired of this ."

"You're not the only one." Dongwoo muttered in annoyance, "These people are not going to shut up and I feel like every single day when we get something done, they add another one on our plate."

"Like when are we even going to be getting a break." Sungjong pouted towards Sunggyu. I couldn't agree with Dongwoo more. Despite coming home to ~~~~ and Jangmi knocked out on the couch waiting for me to come home, I feel bad. Sunggyu gave the main job of taking care of her ever since we moved over to that new place. It's nice and cozy, and eventually ~~~~ got accustomed to it. Although, she does miss Sunggyu and the others.

"Soon..." Sunggyu sighed as his eyes started to close.

"You haven't gotten any sleep last night have you?" Woohyun raised a brow at him.

"Just like an hour or 2." Sunggyu muttered. I gave out an annoyed sigh since I manage to at least get 3 or 4, I almost feel bad because Sunggyu has been doing so much on trying to keep ~~~~ safe. Putting me in charge of watching her, while at the same time helping him out with this. It was a pain and stressful. It was annoying and we don't even remember the last time where all of us can relax and hang out with ~~~~ except Christmas.

"You need to get some rest." Hoya said, "Its important hyung."

"I know... but the job though." Sunggyu said.

"Forget about the job." I spoke making the group turn towards me, "We have been doing this for too long. It's time we stop doing this and focus on ourselves."

"Sungyeol..." Sunggyu sighed, "If anything happens to ~~~~."

"She's fine, you have done so much on protecting her. And not to mention we're all here for her. We can't let them take control over our lives." I said, it was true. ~~~~'s life was at risk, and we were putting our life in front of her's. I never like working for those people and I didn't understand why Sunggyu would be friends with them in the first place. Yet, business was business and we needed some way of getting paid. Yet, after doing that for awhile...we can change that now. I know we have the chance to change that.

~*~*~*~

~No One's POV~

You managed to get the dog food for Jangmi that the cashier at the store decided to give you a discount on how cute you are with Jangmi. As you happily walked out of the store, you decided to get some tteokbokki on the way home because you were hungry and you decided to get some food for Sungyeol when he comes home. Once you happily arrived home, you released Jangmi from her leash so she can run around and you straight went to the kitchen just to eat some of the food you just brought.

You walked over to the kitchen and set the food on the table and sat down as you began to munch on some tteokbokki. While you were eating, you noticed that Sungyeol wasn't home like always and how quiet it was at the house except for you and Jangmi. You sighed as you plopped some food in your mouth, but pouted as you wished Sungyeol or someone else was here to at least keep you some company. Yet, when you got into thinking you noticed something felt off about you, but you weren't sure what it was.

You shrugged it off and put your plate in the sink and walked over to the couch, but while walking you start to feel a bit drowsy as you stumbled over suddenly. You quickly held on to the closest couch next to you, as you were trying to regain your balance and noticed your vision was a blur. What's going on... You thought to yourself as the last thing you remember was you blanked out.

You felt your whole body heating up as you were laying on the cold floor. Jangmi noticed you on the ground as she dashed over checking to see if you're ok by your face, yet she felt something was wrong that she started whimpering and howling really loud trying to call for help.

It was the end of the day, and for once Sungyeol finally came home. L decided to sleep over at your place for the night since he noticed Sungyeol has been stressed out on helping out Sunggyu the best he can, but at the same time he wanted to take a break from the guys and at least spend some time with you. "What a day." Sungyeol sighed as he unlocked the door.

"Hyung," L said as he looked over at Sungyeol. "do you think this might be over soon?"

"Honestly not so sure." Sungyeol sighed, "You know how Sunggyu is. And he's doing the best he can on trying to protect ~~~~. We can only hope for the best. Honestly, I hate helping out that bastard." His expression began to change and started to speak in a serious tone, "He barely knows ~~~~ and he already wants to use her for that. It's not right at all! Plus it's unfair. ~~~~ doesn't deserve any of this." L gave a sigh but, nodded in agreement. He noticed how much Sungyeol cares about ~~~~ and how he was the one who found her and decided to put her in. At first he was unsure about her, but at the same time he eventually got closer and learned a lot about her from his best friend.

Sungyeol managed to open the door and noticed right away Jangmi jumping on both him and L. "We're home~!" Sungyeol said, "I also brought L!"

L chuckled as he happily petted Jangmi assuming she was excited, but noticed her whimpering. "Mwoyoe? What's wrong?" L raised a brow at Jangmi. Jangmi continiously whimpered as she began to run over to where you are. L and Sungyeol exchanged glances at each other as they took their shoes off and followed Jangmi where both of them met up with you on the floor.

"~~~~?!" Sungyeol said as he dropped his things and started to check on you to see if you're breathing. He then started to panic and noticed how you felt really warm. L began to leaned over and place his hand on your forehead checking your temperature.

"She has a fever." L said.

"I'll go get the medicine." Sungyeol said as he got up leaving L in charge of carrying you over to your room and placing you on your bed. L arrived in your room and gently placed you in bed as you were still breathing heavily. You woke up a bit wondering what was going on and noticed L but, your vision was still blurry.

"...Oppa...?" You weakly called out.

"Sungyeol is getting you some medicine." L said, "Why didn't you call us?"

"...I didn't know..." You said.

Sungyeol barged in the room as he got the medicine. "~~~~..." He rushed over to you. "L there should be some towels in the cabinet down the hall. Can you wet those in a bucket and bring it here."

"Araso." L nodded as he got up leaving you and Sungyeol alone.

Sungyeol sighed as he helped you sit up from your bed. "Here take this." Sungyeol said as he handed you some medicine. You weakly grabbed the meds and plopped in your mouth while Sungyeol handed over the water to you and you started to drink it right away. "Yah, you should have called us if you needed anything."

"Mianhae..." You frowned, "I went to go get Jangmi some food, and then went to get some tteokbokki. I brought some for you just in case you were hungry when you come home. While I was eating, I started to feel off and I didn't know what was going on. I didn't know I have a fever."

"It's fine..." Sungyeol sighed as he patted your head, "Everything is ok now."

L came back with the bucket full of wet towels. He placed it down on the floor and Sungyeol helped you lay back down on your bed. L grabbed one of the towels and started to squeeze some of the excess water out and placed it on your head. "Just get some rest for now ok." L said as he gave you a concerned look.

You weakly nodded but, at the same time you frowned. You didn't want to be alone. You slowly reached out and reached for L's hand. "Can you guys please stay... I don't want to be alone." You said as you stared at the 2 concerned.

"Ok..." L said as he patted your head. "Just get some rest."

You nodded as you noticed Sungyeol placing his hand over your's. The last time you remember was holding on to his hand and you doze off to sleep leaving the 2. Sungyeol sighed as he exchanged glances with L, L looked back concerned since he knew what was on Sungyeol's mind. "You don't have to go tomorrow. Just tell hyung about it."

Sungyeol frowned as he didn't know what to do. He didn't want to leave you all alone in the house when you're sick and he also wanted to help Sunggyu and the others at the same time to get this problem over with. He ruggled his hair in frustration as he looked over and noticed how weak you looked.

~*~*~*~

The next day you woke up still feeling weak and noticed Sungyeol and L sleeping on the floor waiting for you to wake up. You slowly sat up and noticed the dried up towel on your head. You went to check your temperature wondering if the fever was still there, but it went down compared to last time where you felt heated. You glanced over and noticed L sleepily waking up and letting out a yawn. He noticed you were awake and gave a smile. "How you feeling?" L asked.

"The fever has gone down a bit." You said as you noticed L checking your temperature right away. He nodded but he knew the fever was still there.

"You still need to take some rest though."

You gave nod, "I know..."

"Sungyeol is going to be staying home today to take care of you. He called Sunggyu last night explaining what happened with you." L mentioned.

"Eh?" You blinked as you looked over your phone and noticed some text messages left from the others:

To: ~~~~
From: Sungjong
~~~~~! Sunggyu hyung told us what happened ;-;. I hope you feel better! We'll come visit soon!

To: ~~~~
From: Dongwoo
How can you be sick around this time?! Sorry if we have been busy. Next time at least call or something -.-

To: ~~~~
From: Woohyun
Yah! The only time you can be falling is falling in love ;). Seriously though, don't fall on the floor ever again araso? >.> Get better!

To: ~~~~
From: Sunggyu
Sungyeol called me last night on what happened. I wish you had the chance to call then all of would have been there as fast as we can. I hope you're feeling better, I'll see you later ok.

To: ~~~~
From: Hoya
Everyone is worried about you. I mean I wouldn't say I'm not worried since I'm also worried as well. Feel better.

You smiled at the messages that the guys has sent you and looked back over at L who awkwardly patted your head. "Seriously the next time you become sick can you at least call." L muttered as he lightly flicked your forehead which made you frowned.

You rubbed your forehead and nodded, "Araso Myungsoo oppa."

Eventually, L had to leave to go help out with Sunggyu and do the usual job like always. Sungyeol walked L out and walked back to your room where he spotted you petting Jangmi as she was happily sleeping on you and you were gently petting her. "Are you hungry?" Sungyeol asked making you look up and noticed Sungyeol walking over sitting on your bed.

"Nae..." You nodded. Sungyeol chuckled as he was happy to spend some time with you despite him being busy by hanging out with Sunggyu and the others trying to finish their drug deals. Sungyeol got up and went over to the kitchen as he tried to figure out what to make you and decided to make some soup and make some lemon honey tea on the side for you to feel a little bit better.

Sungyeol walked back to the room and noticed you were playing with Jangmi til you spotted the food. "Alright Jangmi, time to take a break. ~~~~-sshi needs to eat and then get some rest." Sungyeol said as he placed the food in front of you. Jangmi frowned as she wanted to play more but, happily barked as she went over to Sungyeol where Sungyeol start to pet her.

You let out a giggle as you tried the soup Sungyeol made you and smiled at him. "Oppa, are you sure it's ok for you to stay home today? I kind of feel bad since what if Sunggyu oppa needs you." You muttered.

"Hey..." Sungyeol frowned as he noticed you starting to feel bad. "Don't worry about it. Sunggyu understands and everyone was worried when I called Sunggyu and told him what happened."

You sighed but nodded, "Thank you for staying with me that night. Along with Myungsoo oppa."

"We're always here for you. Araso?" Sungyeol chuckled as he got up and pulled you in for a side hug and laid his chin on top of your head. You lightly blushed as you felt a bit of Sungyeol's warmth. You started to feel that moment right away where you felt safe in his arms. "Alright, now go finish your food and get some rest ok!"

Sungyeol was about to get up and leave the room, but you suddenly decided to call his name out. "Sungyeol..." You called out. Sungyeol curiously looked back and read your facial expression. He knows what that face is and he lightly smiled at you.

"Ok, fine I'll stay..."

~*~*~*~

Later on throughout the day, your fever have gone down and after you finished the food Sungyeol has made for you. Sungyeol was sitting by your side comforting you and making sure you were getting enough rest. You manage to sleep for the whole day along with Sungyeol who was sleeping beside you wrapping his arms around you. You don't remember how he ended up in your bed, but it just happened anyways. Sungyeol left the door unlocked for the other members to walk in.

Sunggyu and the others arrived as they casually opened the door and set their things down. Sungjong was the one who locked the door since he was the last one to entered the house. While as for Woohyun, he went to the kitchen and set down some warm soup he brought for you. Hoya and Sunggyu walked over to your room peeking their heads in checking if you're awake, instead they spotted you and Sungyeol sleeping together. "She's still asleep." Hoya pointed out.

Sunggyu chuckled as he thought it was kind of cute on how you and Sungyeol were snuggled up together in your bed. It kind of reminded him of the moment when he was taking care of his sister and he was doing the same exact thing with her when she was suffering with a flu. Dongwoo later peeked his head in and noticed the 2 knocked out. "Should we say something?" Dongwoo asked as he looked over at the 2.

Hoya exchange glances with Sunggyu, but Sunggyu stood there watching you and Sungyeol fast asleep. "I think we should let them at least rest." Sunggyu said.

Sungjong and L entered the room and spotted the 2 sleeping as well. "You're not going to wake them up?" Sungjong looked over at Sunggyu.

"Ani, they should get their rest." Sunggyu said.

"But I want to see ~~~~-sshi since I haven't hung out with her for a long time." Sungjong pouted. L sighed as he glared over at Sungjong as he noticed him being a drama queen once again.

"The girl needs her rest. Plus Sungyeol and I barely got any sleep." L mentioned, "We mostly stayed up all night taking care of her."

"Hyung," Woohyun said making Sunggyu curiously looked over, "we should probably make some food for them so when ~~~~ and Sungyeol wakes up they have something to eat at least.

"Alright," Sunggyu said as he nodded, "I'm putting you and Sungjong in charge of making the food."

"Araso." Sungjong nodded as he left the room with Woohyun and started working at the kitchen making food.

"I think I'm going to clean ~~~~'s room. The dust might be making her sick, plus her room seem like a mess ever since she got sick last night." Hoya said as he noticed a bit of the mess in the room.

"I'll help." L said as he was willing to join making Hoya gave a nod and start to clean the room leaving Dongwoo and Sunggyu.

"Dongwoo, change the towel and water for ~~~~ just in case her fever comes back." Sunggyu said as he noticed the bowl of water with the wet towel in it that they used for you.

"Ok." Dongwoo said as he grabbed the bucket and left the room to change the water.

As for Sunggyu, he gave a small smile at you and Sungyeol as you guys are peacefully asleep. Jangmi happily came in the room as she went up to Sunggyu and barked at him for attention. Sunggyu looked down as he noticed Jangmi trying to climb his leg and happily sticking her tongue out showing she wants something. "I'm guessing you're hungry." Sunggyu said as he patted Jangmi on the head. "Araso, let's go get you some food." He walked out of the room while Jangmi follows along.

~*~*~*~

Later, you eventually woke up and noticed Sungyeol still fast asleep. For some reason, it made you feel nice and warm just being in his arms that you wanted to sleep more. Yet, when you were slowly about to doze off to sleep you heard a lot of clanky outside of the hall. You curiously tilt your head wondering who's in the house and quietly got up making sure Sungyeol is asleep. You tiptoed over to the kitchen, and spotted Sungjong and Woohyun making a lot of noises in the kitchen. "What the-" You gasped as you didn't expect to see them. "When did you guys get here?!"

"Oh you're finally awake." Woohyun grinned as he walked up to you and check your temperature, "Looks like your fever has gone down for a bit."

"Well...yeah? But, how did you guys get-" You were about to ask til you were interrupted by Sunggyu who walked in the room with Jangmi. Jangmi was happily barking as she spotted you and started wagging her tail and spinning around asking for pets.

"L gave us Sungyeol's key since Sungyeol knew he was going to be busy taking care of you." Sunggyu mentioned.

"I see..." You said as you didn't expect them to come early, "I thought you guys weren't coming til later."

"It's already the evening ~~~~-sshi." Sungjong said. You blinked as you were confused but, looked over and noticed it was 7PM.

"I was asleep for that long." You muttered making the guys laugh.

"Your soup is almost ready. I hope you will like it." Woohyun said.

"Woohyun hyung may have over salted the soup a bit." Sungjong mumbled to your ear making Woohyun quietly hear that and started glaring at Sungjong. Sungjong widely grinned as he start to set up the table.

"Where are the others?" You asked as you didn't noticed the others around except for the 3.

"Dongwoo and Hoya I think were in charge of cleaning your room." Sunggyu mentioned, "Oh wait, no that was L and Hoya." He suddenly ruffled his hair in frustration.

You stared at Hoya dumbfounded as you noticed him looking a little tired. "Oppa..." You gently held on to Hoya's wrist. Hoya genuinely stares at you as you gave him a smile, "thank you."

"Hey!" Woohyun interrupted and pouted, "What about me? Along with Sunggyu hyung huh?"

You glanced over and rushed up to both Sunggyu and Woohyun giving pulling both of them in for a hug, "You guys get the same thanks too." You widely grinned at the both of them.

"And..." Sunggyu put Jangmi down, "you need to eat the food we made you cause your fever is still there." He lightly grabbed your shoulders and made your way over to the table.

"I'm fine though." You blinked.

Suddenly, you felt something slightly cold on the side of your temple. You glanced over and spotted Dongwoo already have a thermometer out ready for you. He read your temperature as soon as the beep went off. "You're at 99." Dongwoo said as he hands it over to L who was standing next to him.

"You slightly... have a fever." L corrected.

"But at least she's feeling better." Sungyeol interrupted as he woke up and walked up to them.

"See you had a nice nap too." Sunggyu said as he watched Sungyeol sit next to you.

"Nae," He gave a nod, "Thanks for cooking us some food."

"Anything for ~~~~~-sshi hyung." Sungjong said.

"Tomorrow you should head back to school." Sunggyu suggested.

"Eh?" Sungyeol blinked, "What about ~~~~~? She's still sick."

"Woohyun and I can watch over her tomorrow. You need to keep your grades up." Sunggyu said.

"It's fine..." You said as you frowned, "I feel a bit better, so I'm pretty sure I can take care of myself now."

Infinite exchanged glances with you and the rest of the members looks back over at Sunggyu. "You sure?" Sunggyu raised a brow at you.

You gave a nod along with a smile, "I'll be fine..."

~*~*~*~*~

[3 Months Later]

You noticed that you were surrounded by darkness, and it was quiet. You felt cold wind brushing you harshly. All you can do with this silence was take a deep breath... and hope.