Chapter 14

I Want You Back

A/N: Sooo I would like to say hey :) It has been awhile since you last heard from me. Lately, I have been putting my fics on hiatus due to the changes of being in college. (Lots and lots of work, now I know the college student pain) Who knows when I will be finished writing chapters and finishing fanfics, but I know that I will finish it eventually. Thank you all for being patient with me and enjoying what has been going on so far in this fic and many of my other fics as well (if you have been reading them :) ) Anyways~ let's continue on with the story :D

~*~*~*~

 What am I supposed to do? I honestly don't know what to do? You thought to yourself as you were breathing heavily. You don't remember what has been going on. Everything has been all happening at once, you remember that Ms. Gong just passed out on you and you dialed the ambulance right away. Now here you are in a moving vehicle while the sirens are going off. Your eyes show that you were frightened, that you were scared of losing her. Are you really going to be losing her? Is it really that time?

"Miss..." A person called out to you as you suddenly got snapped back into reality and silently looked over at the medic who was giving you a concerned look, "Don't worry, everything is going to be ok. I'm sure she will be ok."

You didn't know what else to say except slowly nodding in agreement. You're hoping and praying that she will be ok either way. You pray that everything will be fine because you can't lose Ms. Gong...not like this. Please let everything be ok... You thought to yourself. You began to take deep breaths as you were trying to calm down. From the sudden stop of the moving vehicle, that's when you know you arrived at the hospital.

The door opens shining a bright light on you and several other nurses rushing in and holding on to the railings of the bed of where Ms. Gong lies. They quickly took her out of the vehicle and rush her to the emergency room as you try to keep up with them at a fast pace. You were holding on to her hand tightly as she was like a mother to you. Once the entrance door of the emergency room hits, the nurse stopped you right away letting your hand go of Ms. Gong's. "I'm sorry miss but this is the farthest you can enter.  We'll let you know what happens once things are settled." The nurse said as she gestures you to a seat and went back to the emergency room to go help out the patient.

You shivered as you felt the chills going down your spine as soon as you took a seat at the nearest chair next to you. You sat down brought your knees closer together and curling into a ball. You gently rocked yourself back and forth trying to calm down as you felt the stinging pain of worried tears in your eyes. You sniffled as you didn't know what to do. You stood in that spot shaking and end up not breathing again like before.  Not like this... please...anything but this! You thought to yourself as you felt the darkness surrounding you.

~*~*~*~

Later on, Infinite woke up and have already done their morning routine. As Sungyeol finished off his errands with L, he noticed the others were doing their usual thing. "Hey, have any of you guys seen ~~~~?" Sungyeol asked the others. "I noticed in the morning that she would usually leave a note, but this morning she didn't."

"She's probably working at the flower shop hyung." Sungjong said as he was laying down on the couch and just relaxing.

"He's got a point." Woohyun nodded in agreement, "Now that I think about it. She must have been making all that noise this morning."

"You mean the one that I complained about when I thought it was you who was making the noise?" Hoya raised a brow at Woohyun but rolled his eyes afterward.

"Yah! Don't start a fight with me ok..." Woohyun sighed as he folded his arms right away trying to defend himself at least.

"Hm... maybe I should check up on her." Sungyeol said as he got out his phone.

"What?!" L quickly looked over at Sungyeol, "Yah! She might be working! You don't want to get her in trouble at least!"

"She won't get in trouble..." Sungyeol muttered, "Besides Ms. Gong knows us anyway. I'm sure she wouldn't mind if I made a phone call to check up on her at least." He dialed your number and already put the phone to his ear as the ringing began.

"Sungyeol, if you get in trouble I'll-" Sunggyu sighed as he couldn't believe what Sungyeol was doing, but you answered right away as soon as your phone started to ring.

"H-Hello..." You sniffled as you didn't expect Sungyeol to call you.

"Hey, I was just checking up on you since you usually didn't leave a note this morning, or even say goodbye to one of us when you leave." Sungyeol said.

"A-Ah, mianhae...I-I was running late for work." You stuttered as you didn't feel like talking due to the current situation you're in.

"Oh, I see..." Sungyeol said, "Are you crying? You sound scared at the moment? What's going on?"

You sniffled over the call as tears began to slide down your face. You didn't expect them to come back again and you end up crying it out on the call. You began to have the same reaction as before, you end up shaking in fear and there's nothing you can do about it. You needed someone by your side but, no one wasn't there until now. "S-Sungyeol...I'm at the hospital. P-Please...come..." You shakily spoke.

"Mwo?! The hospital! Why you're there?!" Sungyeol gasped over the call catching the others attention.

"J-Just...please...come..." You cried. "I really don't know what to do, and I really need someone at the moment. So please...come..."

"Araso...we're on the way." Sungyeol said as he hung up the call right away and looked at the others.

"We heard..." Sungjong said as he got up off the couch right away.

"I mean, you were literally talking to her right in front of us." Dongwoo sighed.

"Right... but, we seriously got no time to talk. We really need to go." Sungyeol said as he walked out and start to head towards the hospital along with the others.

~*~*~*~

At the hospital, you hung up the call with Sungyeol and sat in your chair waiting for them to come. You wiped your tears as you didn't want to cry anymore, but you were still scared of what has been happening today. An hour later, the entrance door opened revealing Sungyeol and the others barging in near the emergency room. Sungyeol noticed you right away as you were sitting down in the chair with tears in your eyes and shaking in fear. "~~~~!" Sungyeol called out in a relief.

You looked up and noticed Sungyeol and the others staring at you worriedly. You sighed in relief and got up and rushed over to Sungyeol wrapping your arms around him right away. Sungyeol was shocked but relieved that you were safe and sound. He hugged you back and your hair trying to calm you down. "It's ok... we're all here." Sungyeol calmly whispered to you as you started to cry it out.

Sunggyu and the others stared at you worriedly as they didn't know what happened or how she ended up in the hospital. Eventually, you stopped crying, but you were glad that the guys were there to be by your side. You sat in a different seat where you and Infinite were sitting together and you were between Woohyun and Sungyeol. Sungyeol was wrapping his arms around you pulling you in for a hug. While as for Woohyun placed his hand on top of your hand showing that he's there for you. "~~~~~, what happened?" Sunggyu frowned.

Due to the number of times you have been crying, you stared up at Sunggyu with your puffy eyes. Sunggyu sighed as he didn't know what to do except be there for you in silent. You took a deep breath and began to explain what happened and how you ended up at the hospital. Sunggyu was surprised along with the other members, they couldn't believe that Ms. Gong's life was at risk and they didn't even know it. "~~~~~..." Sungjong pouted as he understands this was a rough day for you.

"I feel like it's my fault..." You muttered, "I should have checked up on her more often. Or, I should have known something was wrong with her before but, I didn't. She would have been ok, and we wouldn't have ended up here."

"Shh..." Sungyeol shushed you right away as he your hair to calm you down from more crying. While as for Woohyun tightly held on to your hand trying to calm you down and reminding you that you're not alone. You took a deep breath as you were trying to calm down after explaining the situation to Infinite. Dongwoo worriedly looked at the others in guilt as he didn't know what to do in a situation like this. As for the other members, they all frowned in guilt hoping there would be news about Ms. Gong's condition.

The door opened revealing a doctor walking up to you and Infinite. "Excuse me, were you the one who came for the recent patient?" The doctor asked you as you were curious who this person was at first.

"Y-Yes!" You nodded as you quickly got up from your seat. "H-How is she?" You asked worriedly and began to ramble questions to the doctor, "Please tell me she's going to be ok? Is her condition severe?!"

The doctor was surprised at how much questions you were asking that L, in the end, got up from his seat and placed his hands on both of your shoulders. "I'm sorry doctor, she's just really worried about her. We all came as soon as we heard the news." L explained.

"That's alright if it wasn't for her phone call. She would have been dead by now." The doctor awkwardly chuckled. Your eyes widen as you couldn't believe what you heard from the doctor.

"...Dead...?" You began to stare out of space and start to feel light headed for a second. L noticed you feeling off-balanced his grip on your shoulders tightened to help you stay in place and snapped back into reality.

"N-No! Not dead!" The doctor quickly corrected as he noticed your reaction, "What I'm trying to say is... she's ok."

"Oh, that's a relief." You sighed in relief as you were glad to hear the news from the doctor.

"I do get some bad news. Since she has a heart problem, the condition she's in...there's a high chance she's not going to survive this." The doctor explained.

Your smile began to fade as soon as you heard the news from what the doctor said. "W-What?" You said as your eyes grew in fear, "Doc...that can't...be true right?" You asked.

The doctor sighed and nodded his head confirming it's the truth. "I'm sorry for the bad news. Her heart is already at the stage where we can't do anything to cure it. So I talked to her about it and she knew about it from the beginning." The doctor explained.

"From the beginning, I just found this out today. She still should have told me from before..." You gave a surprised look as you couldn't believe what you were hearing. You stood there for fear wondering what's going to happen next. You knew you were at risk of losing her, but you didn't expect this is how it's going to end. You felt like it ended all so fast, and you weren't ready to let go in the end.

"Miss...?" The doctor called out as he tilted his head curiously. You stood there in fear, this was so much for you to handle you couldn't take it. "Miss?" The doctor called out again as he raised a brow at you.

Nothing...you still stood there in silence. "Aish..." The doctor muttered and sighed, "You can still see her, but who knows when her death will be."

You stared up at the doctor as you listened to what he said and silently nodded. "Is it ok if I bring someone with me?" You asked the doctor.

"Yes, that will be ok." The doctor nodded as he walked away and left you and Infinite alone once again.

You turned back and looked at everyone, you didn't know who to take. None of them didn't know Ms. Gong that well except for one person. Your eyes lay on Sunggyu, something was telling you that he should go with you and stay by your side once you see Ms. Gong. "Sunggyu... can you please come with me?" You looked over at Sunggyu hoping he would keep you company.

Sunggyu silently stood up from his chair and gave a nod. You gave a small smile and looked back at the others who were concerned about you. They all looked at each other and nodded with the choice you make. "Don't worry, we'll still be here for you." Hoya said.

You silently nodded as you walked away with Sunggyu and entered the hospital hall leading to Ms. Gong's room. The other members silently watched as you left through those doors and all of them sighed in guilt as this has been a rough day for them along with you. "I can't believe this is all happening." Sungjong frowned as he didn't know what to say in this situation.

"Everything happened so fast. That's just how life is." Dongwoo said.

"I'm sure she'll be ok. Besides, hyung is with her." L folded his arms as he sat between Woohyun and Sungyeol from where you last sat.

~*~*~*~

Infinite - Why Me

You entered the room where Ms. Gong was staying. You peaked your head out looking into the room and noticed Ms. Gong was in bed resting and had lots of tubes around her to breathe. You stood there with your eyes widen in shock as you didn't know how to react to this kind of situation. Sunggyu placed his hand on your shoulder making you looked over at him and you spotted his concern look. You silently nodded as you and Sunggyu entered the room, where Ms. Gong was awake and notice your arrival. "Ah! ~~~~! I'm glad you are here. I see you also have brought Sunggyu along." Ms. Gong said weakly.

You nodded as you sat in the chair and stared at her. You still couldn't believe the state she was in. You were surprised, you slumped down the chair you were sitting in while making eye contact with Ms. Gong. You felt the urge of crying, but you didn't. You stared at her silently not saying a word. "~~~~~?" Ms. Gong weakly called out to you.

"I'm sorry, she has been like this since the beginning of the incident." Sunggyu spoke as he noticed how you were feeling overall. "She's been having a rough day."

"Ah..." Ms. Gong nodded. "I already knew this time would have come for me."

"Why didn't you tell me...?" You quietly spoke.

Ms. Gong heard you and looked over at you the moment you spoke. You looked at Ms. Gong worriedly, you weren't ready to lose someone like her around this time. "I'm sorry, I should have told you." Ms. Gong sighed, "I didn't want you to worry. That's why I didn't tell you, plus I took medicine, so I thought I was going to be ok. I guess my time was up."

"D-Don't say that!" You frowned as tears start to slid down your cheek. "Please...I can't lose anyone but you. You were like a mother to me. I wouldn't know what to do without you."

You felt Ms. Gong reached out and held on to your hand. You looked up as you couldn't believe this kind of feeling. The last thing you remember was her smiling at you, you didn't know why, but she was just there smiling. "I'm glad I have put you this far... I'll always be here for you. ~~~~~, no matter what I'm always here. I'm sorry you have to see me like this, you're always like a daughter to me, if I haven't found you...who knows what could have happened to you dear child." Ms. Gong explained, "I'm proud of you for coming this far. I'm proud of watching you go every single day. Now my time is almost up."

"A-Ani... this can't be happening." You held on to Ms. Gong's hand tighter. You didn't want to let her go. You were hoping that she would still stay that there was more time for her. You couldn't lose her..not just yet. You stared at Ms. Gong still smiling at you, and tears continued on streaming down your face. You sniffled as your eyes began to become puffy once again. Sunggyu frowned as he didn't want to see you like this. He stared over at Ms. Gong, and Ms. Gong looked back at Sunggyu and silently nodded.

Sunggyu knew that was a sign to take care of her from now on. "~~~~~, it's ok." Ms. Gong said. "Just remember, you have more people here for you...alright?" As she said that, she looked over at Sunggyu. Sunggyu nodded as he wrapped his arms around you from behind and pulled you in for a hug. He laid his head on top for yours, you were surprised on what Sunggyu was doing, but due to how much you were taking in you just accepted it in the end. You continue on crying more that it was the last thing you remember.

Sunggyu tightened the hug around you as he listened to you weep in front of Ms. Gong. As for Ms. Gong, she stared at you and the grasp of her start to weaken. Her eyes began to slowly close and the last thing you heard was the loud beep coming from the radar. My time has come to an end... it has been such a long journey ~~~~~. You can continue your adventure from here. I know you can... I'll always and forever be here for you... Ms. Gong thought as soon as she closed her eyes she can see the light.

~*~*~*~

It already has been a month since Ms. Gong's pasting. After the funeral, you haven't spoken to Infinite for a couple of days. Even though you have lived under the same roof as them, all you felt was grief on losing someone once again. It was one of those rainy days and you were sitting in your room listening to the rain drop down outside your window. You were sitting on your bed as you silently take in what you have experienced for a month. First my parents...now Ms. Gong. I really can't lose any more people, can I? You thought to yourself as you brought your knees up to your chest. You let out a sigh as you buried your face in your knees wondering what you should do.

You heard a knock at your door that it made you look up. The door slowly creaked opened revealing Sungjong peeking in your room checking to see if you're ok. You stared at Sungjong as you didn't expect him to come into your room. "Morning, I just wanted to see how you're doing," Sungjong said as he entered your room.

You silently nodded and gave a small light-hearted smile towards Sungjong. Sungjong curiously tilted his head as he could tell that you weren't fine. He gave a sigh as he walked over towards you and sat next to you on your bed. "Yah! I know you're doing the silent treatment again, but you gotta speak up. Everyone else is worried about you ever since Ms. Gong passed away." Sungjong said as he didn't know what else to do.

You stared at Sungjong frowning as you know he was right. You sighed as laid your head on his shoulder. Sungjong stared at you as you were resting your head on his shoulder, he let out a sigh and laid his head on top of yours. "I know there's a lot you had to take in. I'm sorry, but just know that Infinite is here for you." Sungjong said as he happily smiled at you.

You stared up at Sungjong and nodded, you still chose not to speak, but gave a nod and smiled at Sungjong. Sungjong chuckled as he pulled you closed and patted your head. "Now would you come out of your room at least." Sungjong got up from your bed, "At least show the others that you're not dead from being stuffed in your closet."

You rolled eyes as you got up from your bed and walked out of the room and waited out in the hallway for Sungjong to come out as well. Sungjong grinned as he walked out of the room and led you back to the living room where the others were sitting on the couches worried if you were ok or not.