Chapter 18

I Want You Back

[Christmas Break]

It was that time of year, winter has officially came and it has been at least a month or 2 since you and Sungyeol have been living together. You and Sungyeol eventually got used to each other that you became too comfortable at the place you were staying at. It came to the point that if you forgot to lock the bathroom door and Sungyeol is there, you didn't really care if he saw you only in a towel you just improvise and go to your room and change from there. Not to mention, your outfit choices became comfortable around him as you would dress in big sweaters and have shorts underneath or just wear a tank top and sweats, you and Sungyeol felt closer, but at the same time comfortable. School went by fast and already you're on break, throughout the break you have been spending time with Infinite and most of the time with Sungyeol since you guys live together, sometimes the other members come and sleep over. Most of the time it would be either L or Sungjong doing that most of the time. Sunggyu rarely comes often, but he does take you out since he has been doing the usual business.

You noticed Sunggyu hasn't been around often ever since he moved you to the new place. You see him at school, but during lunch you noticed he disappears off somewhere. You frowned just thinking about Sunggyu since you enjoy spending your time with him since he offered you a home and still takes care of you no matter what. You were in your room sitting on your desk as you start to think about what to give each guy this year for Christmas. The only person you would buy a gift for was Ms. Gong and even as a kid, you would always give her a flower that she was selling in her shop that she would laugh thinking it was adorable how much you were being generous. But, this time it's different. You have 7 guys that are taking care of you and you don't know what to get for each one. You wanted the gift to be special in this time of year, but you're not sure how.

A knock came at the door that you swung your chair around as you noticed after the knock it start to open. Popping their head through the door revealed to be Hoya. "Oppa!" You frowned at Hoya as you were struggling.

"Mwoyoe? You weren't this excited on seeing me." Hoya lightly teased you making you pout at him as you got up and wrapped his arms around him.

"I haven't seen you that much since the break started." You said as you let Hoya's warmth wrapped around you.

"We have been busy." Hoya said as he patted your head, "Mianhae ~~~~." He let out a sad sigh, "You have Sungyeol though hasn't he been keeping you company."

You ended up furrowing your brows at him as ever since the break started, Sungyeol has been busy spending time with the guys doing the usual business with Sunggyu that the only time he comes home is when you were sleeping. You would sometimes wait for him to come home by staying up and distracting yourself by watching movies, but at the same time it wouldn't work out in the end that you would just knock out on the couch and Sungyeol would be the one carrying you to your room. "He comes home pretty late." You muttered as you pouted looking down on the ground making Hoya frown more.

Hoya wrapped his arms around you pulling you in for a warm hug, "We'll make time for you eventually." Hoya said, "Right now we're just busy trying to figure some things out."

"I'm telling you I can try to help." You looked up at Hoya as you didn't want the guys to stress out that much.

"I don't mind you helping out." Hoya said as he smiled at you since he knows you can handle yourself. "But," He began to add, "I wouldn't think Sunggyu hyung would agree since it might be dangerous for you." You sighed at Hoya but, nodded your head that you understand. The guys are just trying to protect you, ever since you encountered those 2 guys that have been looking for Sunggyu, Sunggyu has been busy after that since apparently the 2 guys are after you. You're not so sure why, but you knew that Sunggyu and the others are doing the best they can to protect you.

[Merry Christmas]

As the Christmas music played in your apartment, the Christmas lights were shining bright as it was finally that day, Christmas. You were in the kitchen getting your food out of the oven while as for Woohyun was finishing up the final touches on the stove. Sunggyu on the other hand volunteered to help set up the table with Sungyeol as they both decorated the table to make it Christmas themed. As you carefully set the food on the counter, you wiggled your hands out as you weren't thinking of wearing oven mitts. You blew on to your hands as you felt the light burn feeling. Woohyun looked over as he was right next to you since he was cooking on the stove and noticed you blowing on your hands to cool down. "Yah!" Woohyun called out to you, "Did you not use the oven mittens to get the food out?"

You awkwardly looked at Woohyun as he was onto you. You silently stood there and blinked multiple times that Woohyun knew he was right and let out a disappointing sigh. "You gotta be more careful." Woohyun muttered as he glared at you.

"Araso, araso." You rolled your eyes at him as you got the oven mitts hanging from the oven and slipped them on both of your hands. "Happy?" You waved your oven mitt hands towards Woohyun. Woohyun nodded as he continued on cooking. You were suddenly going to place the food on the table but, you noticed that Sungyeol and Sunggyu were almost done with the table, so you decided to do some aegyos to Woohyun for the time being. You randomly started to make heart shape and throw at Woohyun just like what he would do to you just to cheer you up if you ever feel sad, but in the end it would just made you cringe since his aegyos are usually cringe worthy. You suddenly made a big heart and threw it at Woohyun catching Woohyun's attention that he stopped cooking and stared at you with the look of what the heck you're doing.

"Would you stop distracting me?!" Woohyun pouted as he tried to go back to cooking.

"Ani~" You said as start to make aegyo noises towards him catching his attention.

"Is this how I am with the aegyos. Only aegyos are my thing." He scowled at you making you smile at him and letting out a laugh.

"~~~~-sshi would you stop doing the cringey aegyos and place the food on the table already." Sungyeol said as he noticed you were fooling around.

"Oki!" You said right when you were about to do it, but suddenly was stopped by L who appeared in the kitchen out of nowhere, "Mwo-" You gasped as you noticed L casually took the oven mittens off your hands and put it on him instead. He casually took the food and brought it over to the table and set it down making you surprisingly watch him. Sungyeol exchange glances at him as he didn't even remember when the heck L got into the kitchen as well.

"When did you-" Sunggyu was about to ask, but was suddenly caught off by L.

"Not that long. I came in right when ~~~~ was throwing hearts at Woohyun while he was cooking." L mentioned as he looked over at you making you avert eye contact with him right away because you felt embarrassed.

"Is that how my aegyos are?" Woohyun asked. Right away, you and the other members in the kitchen nodded in agreement making Woohyun frowned as he didn't know his aegyos were that cringey.

"Even if you frown like that, you still do it anyways." Sunggyu folded his arms towards Woohyun. Woohyun perked his head up and looked over at Sunggyu letting out a light chuckle.

"You're right." Woohyun said, "I just find it adorable how ~~~~ was trying to copy my aegyos." He walked up to you and start to pinch your cheeks which caught you by surprise.

"Y-Yah!" You stuttered as you removed Woohyun's hand as you felt weird on how he pinched your cheeks. You avoid eye contact with him and scowled making Woohyun ruffled your hair as he noticed how cute youare.

"Aigoo, ~~~~-sshi is so cute." Woohyun cooed.

"Yah! Pabo!" Sunggyu said as he noticed Woohyun bugging you, "Leave ~~~~ alone before I have to deal with you later after dinner."

"I'm not doing any-" Woohyun frowned making you rush over to Sunggyu and hide behind him.

"Sunggyu oppa he's being mean to me." You pouted in a cute voice as you stared up at Sunggyu and playfully pointed at Woohyun for being at fault.

"B-Bwoh?!" Woohyun stuttered, "Now you're just being another Sungyeol!"

"I heard that!" Sungyeol said as he joined in on the conversation. He walked up to you and Woohyun, lightly patting your head and making you smile at him. He glared over at Woohyun and noticed that it would be 2 against 1. Woohyun gave an awkward grin and just let it go leaving you be as L started to call the rest of the members in for dinner.

~*~*~*~

Christmas dinner finally has begun as it has started snowing in Korea, and you were gathered at the table with Infinite ready to feast on the food that has been deliciously prepared on the table. "Omo! This looks amazing." Dongwoo said as his jaw drops at the sight of the food.

"I agree, you guys did all of this?" Sungjong asked as he looked over at the group who were in the kitchen.

"It was mostly ~~~~ and Woohyun that did the cooking." Sungyeol mentioned as he looked over at you and smiled. You smiled back at Sungyeol as you happily nodded.

"Alright! Let's eat!" You said as you were already hungry and just want to dig in already. You start to grab some pieces of food and add them on to your plate. The other members of Infinite start to join and all you guys loudly ate, while talking about Christmas and at the same time enjoying the warm food.

"Speaking of Christmas," Woohyun mentioned as he glanced over at you, "I can't wait for you to open your present ~~~~-sshi."

"Eh?" You blinked while you had a some food in your mouth. You finished chewing it and tilted your head at Woohyun. "You got me something oppa?"

"We all got you something." Sungyeol muttered as he glared over at Woohyun. "Since I know you best, you're going to like my present the best right?"

"Bwoh?" You started to become confused but, at the same time surprised that you didn't see this coming. "I understand that I got all of you guys presents, but I didn't expect all of you guys to get me something."

"We did it because we care about you ~~~~." L said making you look over. You began to pout at him and the group as you didn't expect they would do something like this for you.

You guys finished dinner in the end, Hoya and Sungjong decided to be the one to do the dishes while as for everyone else they were at the living room sitting on the couch watching a Christmas movie. "What kind of Christmas movie is this?" Sunggyu started to complain as he wasn't really interested in the movie.

"Hyung, you don't have to be so loud." Woohyun muttered, "Some people might be watching the movie."

"I'm just saying there's really nothing that interesting about this Christmas movie though." Sunggyu sighed.

"Oppa, you're being so loud." You said as you glared over at him. Hoya and Sungjong finally finished washing the dishes and joined in with everyone else as they were watching the movie. After that, it was time to open the presents.

"Alright! I want ~~~~-sshi to open mine first!" Sungjong said as he grabbed his present and handed it over to you.

"Oppa, do I really have to? I think you guys should open your's first." You pouted at Sungjong. "Plus you guys got me all gifts. I just don't know what to say."

"Just open it!" Sungjong said as he smiled at you knowing you might like it.

You sighed as you casaully undo the ribbon and opened the box. You gave a confused look as you got out what looks like a collar or a choker? You gave a confused look to Sungjong and furrowed your brows. "It's...a collar?" You said in a confused tone.

"Nae! Do you like it?" Sungjong grinned.

"Uhhhh... sure?" You blinked not knowing what else to say, but just let it be.

"Ooh! Open mine next!" Hoya said as he got his box and handed it over to you. You curiously looked at the box and ripped open the wrap and noticed it was a chew toy.

"Is this a chew toy?" You asked Hoya.

"Yeah I figure you can use that for teething." Hoya said jokingly, but you were still lost what was going on.

"I guess I'm next." L said as he got his box. His box was smaller compared to Sungjong and Hoya's gift. He happily handed it over to you and you assume it was a bracelet, but instead it was a tag. You read the tag that marked "Jangmi."

"Jangmi? As in like a rose?" You looked over at L. L nodded.

"It can be like a necklace."

You start to become more confused as you didn't understand what was happening or what was up with all of these weird gifts. "Ok, I don't think she can take it anymore." Sunggyu said as he got his box and handed it over to you. "Open it."

"I feel like it's going to be weird." You pouted at Sunggyu.

"Ani, this one is not." Sungyeol chuckled. The group watched you opened the box and when you slowly took out the top, the top cover popped out which revealed a cute small puppy happily barking with a ribbon wrapped around her.

"O-Omo! What is this?!" You gasped as you happily picked up the small dog and she started  you right away. 

"It's a puppy!" Dongwoo said happily, "Woohyun and I got the food and pads to go with your new pet."

"We figured it gets pretty lonely when you don't live with us anymore." Sungjong pouted, "Plus hyung is lucky to have you all to himself. Because what if we want to spend more time with you too!"

"You know you guys can sleep over." Sungyeol sighed as they didn't thought of that.

"It's not that the same though." Woohyun grinned making Sungyeol rolled his eyes.

"So we got you a puppy!" L said, "And named it Jangmi since you work at a flower shop."

"I think it's very sweet." You giggled as you placed the name tag and the collar together and put it around Jangmi's neck. "Thank you oppas!"

"Alright, I wasn't in with them on this one." Sungyeol said as he got his gift, "This is for you." He sat next to you and handed the gift over to you.

You curiously looked at it as it was small, but it wasn't small compared to L's name tag gift. You unwrapped the gift and noticed that it was a picture frame but, it was empty. "A picture frame?" You raised your brow at Sungyeol as you were confused.

"I noticed that when sometimes when you wait for me to come home, you were already knocked out on the couch." Sungyeol said, "That's when I spotted pictures of you, pictures of you with your parents, yet those were the only pictures that you got. So I wanted you to have a picture with us, something to keep and cherish in your room with your drawer of memories. Because you're not alone. You have people like us by your side. And we're always here for you." Sungyeol smiled as you pulled him in for a hug as you were thankful for his gift.

"I love it!" You smiled, it was the most thoughtful gift anyone has ever thought of for you. It also has been awhile since you celebrated Christmas with someone besides with yourself alone. After how many years, you have people who care about you today besides your parents, but you knew that no matter what they were watching over you.

"Shall we get a picture then?" L asked as he was gonna go get his camera.

"O-Oh! Wait!" You handed the frame to Sungyeol and got up and grabbed your gift for L. "This is for you. I think it might be a good use." L looked at the box and opened it revealing the camera that he always wanted.

"~~~~..." L said as he got out the new camera. "It's perfect." L smiled as he pulled you in for a hug.

While L was getting the camera set up, everyone was positioning themselves for a family photo. "So how are you liking your first Christmas with us?" Sunggyu asked.

"Honestly... it has never been better." You said as you had Jangmi in your arms while Sungyeol and Hoya were beside you. L started the timer and quickly ran to join in the photo capturing the moment of the first Christmas you celebrated with Infinite.

Throughout the years that you have celebrated Christmas alone after your parents death. Who could have known that the best Christmas you would have was spending it with Infinite who cherish you in their hearts.

"Alright say Merry Christmas!" Sungyeol smiled.

"Merry Christmas!!"


A/N: Since it's officially December! Here's an early Christmas chapter even though Christmas is still far away from now ^^;