21. Where is Yuri?

One Mission, One Motive

Yuri's POV

The team just got back from a mission. We need to ambush a warehouse again but apparently we fell into a trap. Its empty. There’s no sign of drug dealing or ion there. Hyo was so upset. The director wanted to see her directly after we arrived. “Its okay partner.” Jess said to me. “Lets get a drink shall we?” she continue. “Its okay Jessie. I think I wanna go home. I’m tired.” Then I leave my department building.

When I was driving away from the  basement parking I accidently hit a girl. I immediately ran out of my car to check her condition. “Are you okay?” I asked. She just nod. “Let me sent you to the hospital for check up okay?” “No. No. Its fine. I need to get back home or my mom will scold me.” She said. "then let me sent you back as an apology.” I said. she just nod again. I carry her into my car and put her at the passenger side. “Give me your address.” She just type the address into my GPS. I follow the direction but the place she stay is quite far from the department. “Are you sure your house is in this direction?” she just nod again.

 I decided to call Jessi. “Yoboseyo Sica-yah.” “Yes my partner. What can I do for you?” “I accidently hit a girl and I’m sending her home. Her place is quite far so I want you to watch over my sister for a while. I’ll be late I guess.” “Okay then. I’m on my way home. I guess I’ll just change my direction then.” “Thanks Sica. If you want you can stay there for the night.” I said. “Woah.. really? Then I’ll stay at your home tonight.” After bidding goodbye we hung up. I reach to an old wreck house. “Is this the place?” she nod again. I wonder why its hard for her to even utter a word. I walk out of the house and knock the door. The girl just stay silence. Maybe she’s afraid of her parents. I wonder how she can be at my department. Her place from the department is quite far.

The door flung open and a girl about Tae’s height and size walks out. When I clearly see her face something hits me. She looks familiar. “Hey lieutenant Kwon. Nice to meet you in person.” She said. “Do I by any chance know you?” “Of course you should darling. I’m the girl who will lead you and your two sisters to doom.” She said with an evil grin. Then it struck me. Its her.! Sunny Lee. I reflect to pull my gun out but something hits me in my head and everything went black.

 

Jessica's POV

I’m getting worried. Yuri  is not back yet. Its been an hour since she called. And when I tried calling her it went straight to voice mail. “Unnie is not back yet Jess unnie?” Ju Hyun asked with her eyes half open. “Not yet Hyunnie. Why are you awake?” “ I’m worried unnie. I feel like something bad had happened to her.” “Shhuss.. what are you talking about Ju Hyun-ah. Come here.” I extend my arm and pull her into my embrace. I knew she must’ve been totally worried just like I am. “Why don’t yo go to Yoona unnie’s room and sleep with her? I’ll go find Yuri unnie.” I said.

I sent her to Yoona’s room. I turned the knob and Yoona is on the phone talking to someone with a serious expression. “Yoona?” I called out. She hurriedly hung up the call. “Yes unnie?” “I want to go and look for Yuri. Take care of Hyunnie okay. She’s worried about Yuri.” “Oh no problem unnie. I’m worried to. I tried to call her but it went straight to voice mail.”  She said. “Come here Hyunnie. Lets sleep with me okay?” she pull Hyunnie into her arm and pull her to the bed. She nod at me when I look at her.

I went out the room and make a call to Soo. “Soo, Yuri is missing. I can’t reach her.” “Really? Okay I’ll inform Hyo and Amber.” She said. “Okay then. I’m at Yuri’s house. I’ll call Tiff and informed her.” “Then lets meet up at the department and see what we can do to track her.” Soo said. we hung up and I hurriedly ran to my car. But then I stop at the front door. Will they be safe if I just let them stay here in the house? I asked myself. So I called tiffany and asked her opinion. Tiff said she’ll send Amber to look after them. I ran back upstairs to Yoona room to see she’s cuddling Hyunnie. I told her about Amber and that I’m leaving to the department. She just nod and I quickly get to my car and drove away.

 

Sunny's POV

Finally! The one I’ve been wanting to meet. The one that will be holding my key to a world of fame. After Vic fainted yuri we drag her to our house and kept her in the basement. We used her handcuffed to cuffed her at the chair. I install a cctv so that we can know when she wake up. I bet her friends and sisters must be worried about her. At first we plan to get to Yoona but she never leave her house after the incident alone. So its quite hard. So Vic told me to get straight to Yuri.

After 2 hours Yuri showing sign of waking up. I see she tried to struggle with the cuffed. I just watch through the cctv first before deciding to walk in to the basement and confront her.

“Hello there Liutenant. Sorry for the inconvenient. At first I thought of getting you a bed. But then it would be a waste. You will only be here for a few days before you get disposed. Got what I mean?” she just give me a deadly stare. “What the hell do you want Sonkyu?” “Sunny. Its sunny. I preferred that name better.” I said to her. “Well you know what. Lets get straight to the point of why you are here. You give me the passcode to the machine that our moms build and maybe just maybe I won’t hurt your sisters.” I said. “Machine? What machine?” “Don’t act dumb Kwon. I know your father must’ve told you about it.” I said. and I wasted fifteen minutes with her still getting no information. “Fine. If that’s what you want. We’ll talk again tomorrow. If I don’t get the answer by tomorrow, we’ll see what happened to your little maknae. 

 

Yuri's POV

“No appa, you are not going to die. Trust me. At least not on my watch.”“Yuri-ah..I know my time is up. 1997. Remember this code. Open my safety box that I kept in our basement. I left you a letter in there. Promise me you will do as I say. I’m sorry for not telling you the truth.”“No!No!No! Appa what are you talking about. Don’t talk anymore okay. Save your energy. You are going to be fine. Please..”“Find them.Keep them save. Find Justice. Take back what’s suppose to be y-yo...”“APPA!APPA!NO! DAMN IT! WHY IS THE HOSPITAL SO FAR?”

The last conversation I had with appa keep playing in my head. I already found my sister and I worked hard to keep them save. But I don’t get the last sentence. Take back what’s suppose to be mine? What is it? Did I miss something? But the box appa ask me to open have nothing else than information about my sisters. Or maybe there’s a secret compartment or another box? Whatever it is I need to get myself out from here first. I wonder how? I’m cuffed and I don’t know where am I. I even doubt I’m still at the location of the old, wreck house.

 

Yoona's POV

I put Hyunnie to sleep and walk to the basement. The basement door is hidden carefully.You won’t even know there’s a door underneath your feet if you don’t observe enough. There’s a small panel at the side of the door. I opened the panel and enter the passcode to open the door.

I was stunt after entering it. This place is so neat. There’s a table, few cupboard, tones of files and some boxes. I know yuri unnie wasn’t aware of what Sunny’s intention really is. Lucky for me I found appa’s note in the box first before her. I guessed she’s so busy about Hyunnie at that moment that she don’t even look closely. I walk to the corner of the room. There are a few books on top of the a small cupboard. I follow the instruction on the paper. I pull the book and arrange it back according to the drawing and to my surprise its exposing a medium size panel. I push the panel revealing 3 necklaces. The necklaces have a key each below the heart shape. I guess this is the key to the machine. I said to myself. The keys have our names on it. Yuri, Yoona and Hyun. I took mine and observe it carefully for the passcode combination for the machine but there’s none. I decided to keep it back at it original place. The letter appa left us I kept it with me. I don’t want it to fall in Sunny’s hand. According to appa, the machine that Sunny had is very dangerous. Human kind are not ready for it. If it falls to the wrong hand, earth can be in war.

This is why I'm here after all. To find the machine and destroy it but then I got to know that I belong to the Kwons. I am one of them. So I decided to take 6 months leave from my job. To find my sisters and reunite with them. Along the way after I found Yuri, I got to know about Sunny. So I had to killed two birds with one stone. To get to know my sister and also making sure Sunny won’t get to activate it. I called Sulli and asked her to come over. I peek at the living room, Amber unnie had fall asleep. I had to drug her water so that I can get into the basement. The time is running out. I had to do what I have to do. And now I need to make sure unnie is safe.

I get to my phone. “Yoboseyo.” “Im Yoona, or is it Kwon Yoona now?” “I found the key to the machine but I can’t figure the passcode.” I said to the person on the other line. “Its okay. But I have the feelings you called not because of this. You never called before since you asked for this so called leave.” He said. “My sister, Yuri is missing and I’m guessing she’s with Sunny. I need you to give me a hand. Sunny will do everything to get the passcode and keys. Involving murdering I believe. I can’t put my sister’s life on the line. You need to send your men to help me.” “Fine! I’ll help you but if and only if you accept my request I gave you before. Meaning in about one month time you need to come back here and execute it.” I sighed. I knew this would happened. He’s gonna use my sister to get me to execute his dangerous request which only I suit to do with Sulli according to him. “If that what you say. Then I will. But for the meantime I want to stay low. No one know who am I. My identity. Even after all of this my family can not know who I am.” “Fine then. I’ll send my men to back you up. Remember Im. That weapon is very dangerous. By hook or by crook you have to get your hands on it and destroyed it. You make a request to handle this yourself so everything is on you.” “Yes, I understand. But I have one request.” “Proceed Yoona.” “After I execute the request and if by miracle I can get out from there alive, I’m quitting this job. I’m no longer one of you. I will live as Kwon Yoona, the heirs of Im empire and the sisters of kwon.” “I’ll take that into consideration. We can discuss that after you get back here.”

With that I hung up. Tears started to form. I walk in my room and look at Hyunnie. I kiss her forehead. “I’m sorry Hyunnie. Unnie need to do this. Unnie have to protect you and yuri unnie.”

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Hey readers... still there? haha
This story is gonna end soon. So I guess Yoona have another identity huh? bear with me If you wanna know who Yoona really is okay.

see you on the next update.

~out~