CHAPTER 3

LOVE CYCLE

Chaerin POV.

“Representing the world number 1 girls group, 2NE1!. Everybody screammmmmmmmm!” Ryan Secreast introduced us to the audience. Perform in front of world star in Grammy Awards are seriously no jokes. We got a lot fans huh. I thought.

I go by the CL of 2NE1

It’s been a long time comin’ but we here now

And we bout set the roof for fire baby

You better get yours cause I’m getting mine yeahhhhhhhh

 

And suddenly…

Bomb! The stage just collapsed and we trapped between the bricks and lamp all over us. I saw my unnie and minzy faint and my head are spinning around. Very hurt I must say. I tried pulling out my members but my strength is getting weak. I can’t even stand by myself. We need help. Thank god the organizer was there. I heard sound of people calling out our name. I also heard my songs, MTBD was played.

 

But wait…why did they play my songs? During this situation?
 

Paaaaap! I fell out of the bed. God. That was dream huh. Heol I sigh. That sound actually came out from my phone. It’s my brother. . I WANT TO SLEEP!

“Chaerin ah are you sleeping?”

“Yah oppa it’s obviously. What you want from me?”

“Chaerin ah. Junhyung and I got free time today. Let’s meet up. We missed you baby girl”

“Haihhhh oppa you are so annoying you know. Arasseo. I’ll see you in 40 minutes at Clubhouz”

 

I drive my car to the Clubhouz. It is actually own by my brother. Clubhouz is an elite restaurant & bar that very exclusive only for the club members. Many artist and rich people are in this club. At least we got a little privacy here. I saw my brothers there. Waving at me like bunch of idiot. I love them very much. My parents lived in Paris and rarely be here so the only family that I got is them. Plus, my cousin Teddy.

“Oppaaaaaaaaaaaa!” I greeted and hugged them.

“Aish my little kid. You look hmm just nice today” Junhyung laughed while kiss my forehead.

“Chaerin ah your eye bag are getting worse. Kid get some sleep please. I’m worried about your health”

“Yeah Chae. I’m also a producer but sleep is always on my priority. Work smart not work hard you know”

Junhyung supported Heechul speech. All I can do is smiling. Well, Jiyong isn’t in Korea now so I decided to work only in my studio at home. 2NE1 has ended our comeback promotion and now I’m focus on composing songs. Teddy got his own studio café so he will not always be in YG studio and to prevent myself from being boring, I decided to work at home.

“Oh Chaerin ah. I forgot something. You know that guy from EXO right? Kai?”

“Hmm yeah. Whats wrong with him oppa?”

“He like you a lot. He will ask me about you every day. He is nice kid you know”

 

I laughed so hard listened to my Heechul oppa. Actually I know that already. I saw a few times on tv that he said his ideal type is me. CL from 2NE1. That guy was cute too. This is not the first time an idol asking me for a date but got rejected. I don’t know. Maybe all I could think in Jiyong oppa.

“Chaerin, you should date you know. Forget about Jiyong hyung. Maybe you are just a donseng to him. Like you know, you guys have known for long time and he never confessed to you right? If you want a boyfriend, let me know okay. Ah my friends in chocoball, Joong Hoon of FT Island. He’s your fan”

My brothers got me silence for a while. Like hmm what Junhyung oppa said was right. Jiyong oppa never tell me anything about his feeling towards me. I’m confused.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

YG STUDIO.

“Guys one more time!” Chaerin was here with Winner boys to record their title track for debut album. Chaerin is a composer for Empty, a song that she composed together with iKON B.I and the lyrics is by Bobby, B.I and also Song Mino.

Chaerin is perfectionist when it comes to music recording. As a producer, all she want is just to make a good music. YG is well known company and people are expecting more from them.

“Ahhhh I wish Jiyong oppa was here. This studio feels so empty without him” Chaerin said.

“Hyunggggg! I got it! Chaerin sunbae was right. Yeah!” Bobby excitedly tells Mino. Mino nood as he agreed to Bobby. The boys jump happily that they finally have something for the title.

“What did I do oppa?” Chaerin is blank and ask Mino for explanation. Ah she got it. The word empty that she use just now. Yeah it is empty. She missed her Jinggyo.

Chaerin took an elevator to go to the YG rooftop. She needed some air. Took out her iPhone and looking for Jiyong phone number. Try to FaceTime with him.

Ji: “Hunchae annyeong! *waving”

Chae: “Oppa annyeong. How’s Japan? Come back soon. I miss you!”

Ji: “Oppa miss you too. We’ll be back soon chaerin. Japan is dope. The crowd is crazyyyyyy over Big Bang kekeke. *Seungri at the back singing to Come Back Home to provoke Chaerin* Tae Yang join him”

Chae: “Hahahahahaha Seungri is crazy omg Tae Yang oppa you look so handsome! *while sending flying kiss to him”

Ji: “Yeah I managed to catch the kiss. Yong bae you lost! Kekekeke. Chaerin ah oppa will talk to you later. We got an interview after this. See you soon little Chaerin! Big Bang sending you some heart <3 <3 <3”

Chaerin waving to them and end the video session. Her Big Bang oppa are crayyy-on! She cannot wait for them to be back in Korea next week.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Flashback. 2009.

It was 2NE1 debut years. We are still rookies and because of our company, we got a big highlight. At that time 2NE1 are known as the female version of Big Bang. We bring a different music style from other girls group. Hip Hop and electronics was our major. We tops the chart and somehow really famous. Some people doesn’t really into us by saying that we are lack of talent and rapping is not suitable for girls. For CL, she even got dissed by some underground female rapper. She got the title “The Baddest Female” because of her aura on stage that can slay the crowd. Back then, 2NE1 got a supported from their Big Bang oppa who was their sunbaenim.

CL and Jiyong  good to each other since she trainee. CL rapping talent and her interest on hip hop make them closer. They both a leader, are given a responsibility to produce a song for their team. They used to spend time together and walked together at the street of Hong Dae. Having an ice cream together, walked freely without any disturbance from fans.

“Lee Chaerin. Please don’t forget oppa when you debut later. Don’t date with any idol. They are flower boy”

“Kekeke aigoo oppa you are so cheesy.  You probably will forget me first”

“No! Listen here. I, Kwon Jiyong will never forget this promise I made to my beautiful Hunchae. I will never forget her and always be her number 1 fans wohooooo!”

“2NE1 FIGHTING! BIG BANG FIGHTING!”

We shouted and run. Such a good memories we have. We really enjoyed this time.

END OF FLASHBACK.

CHAERIN POV.

I was checking my Instagram when a message came in. It is from an unknown number. I wonder who since not many people know my phone number. And I’m shocked. Haishhhh my Heechul oppa going to get a kick from me -_-

“Hi sunbaenim J it’s me Kai from Exo”

“This is really me. I got your number from Heechul hyung”

“This is my selca. As a prove”

“I want to be friends with you. If you don’t mind”

“Sunbaenim. Hello sunbaenim. You are reading this right?”

“I’ll waiting for you”

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I’m tired haha. Thank you for read.