Cover up

Tie The Knot
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I sit up in my bed with my uniform on, playing with my curly hair as I stare at myself in the mirror. This is it, all you have to do is go into school and act normal. I pull my hair over my eye, it is worse than yesterday and foundation didn't help one bit. I stand up carefully, slipping on my shoes and grabbing Baekhyun's hat.

 

I noiselessly tread down the stairs, putting on his cap and pulling it down tight. I open the front door and rush out, my feet carrying me as fast as they can to school. I don't think I could take the car with Baekhyun, if I did he would make a big scene about my bruise.

 

I enter the school and sit in an empty classroom, staring at the table and praying for time to go faster.

 

Eventually people begin to enter the classroom and take their seats, I stay at the back and watch as Chen leaps to the back in joy, taking his seat next to me. I pull the hat down further, shuffling away from his presence.

 

“Mornin' how are you?” His bubbly voice invites me to talk, but in silence I politely decline. I let a small sigh slip from my lips, seeing him move awkwardly in his seat from being ignored.

 

I bite my lip softly and begin my maths work, but Chen doesn’t stop trying “Are you okay?”

 

I write down slower, taking my time to reply “I am OK”

 

“You don't sound it or look it, tell me what happened”

 

I ignore him again, my head beginning to hurt from the effort of these questions.

 

I feel him move closer, his whispers reaching my ear “I know something happened tell me!” He snatches my book away, leaving me to stare at the desk blankly.

 

“Nothing happened...just give me my book back” I say this coldly, grabbing my book back and holding it to my chest. I shove my pen in my pocket, pressing my hand on top of my head to push the hat down.

 

“Thats Baekhyun's hat...” His tone becomes more worried and intense “Why are you wearing his hat?”

 

“Chen...shut up and stop asking questions!” I snap, standing up as the bell goes. I grab my bag and hastily exit the room, Chen follows me and I sigh angrily. Why can't he mind his own business?

 

“Rei, wait!” Chen calls after me and I carry on

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter