Chapter 18

Just One Day (하루만)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Namjoon jolted from his seat when Juhyun's hand twitched. He was holding her hand as he keep caressing it, wishing her to wake up soon. Namjoon pushed the button next to her bed, to call Luhan straight from his room. Underneath the closed eyes, Namjoon could see her eye-balls begin to move, left and right. 

Slowly, her eyes opened and she blinked to adjust her eyes with the light in her room. She looked around and found herself in a familiar place and there was Namjoon, besides her. 

"You're awake...", Namjoon smiled and Juhyun could only blinked. She turned away and trying to process what just happen and look back at Namjoon.

"I had a nightmare.", she slowly and Namjoon was taken back. He was sure that Juhyun probably going to say that she had a nightmare about her father.

"What is it?"

"I dreamed that father...is dead.", she whispered the last part but she wasn't freak-out like how she did yesterday when she first got to know about her father's death. "But you know what it means, right? It's a sign.", Juhyun paused.

"What sign?"

"The person that will have a longevity.", she smiled. It hurt Namjoon a lot to see that smile. Not because he hates to see her smile but because he didn't have a heart to tell her once again that her father had died. He closed his eyes tightly and nods his head. He wonder, if he do this today, will he do the same thing again tomorrow.

What if...

"Juhyun!", Luhan came in with nurses behind him. Juhyun quickly turned her head towards the voice and let out a small smiled to the young doctor. "I'm glad that you're awake. How are you feeling? Is your head fine?", Luhan asked her questions.

"Just a light headache.", she said. Luhan nods at her response and began to check her up. "By the way, I'm sorry for your lost Juhyun.", Luhan said as he kept his stethoscope inside of his coat. 

"What are you talking about? What loss?", Juhyun was confused. She was looking at both Namjoon and Luhan, back and forth. Luhan was taken back with her question and looked at Namjoon who was already froze on his spot. But then, Juhyun suddenly remember something.

"Namjoon...", she whispered and her eyes were teary. "Don't tell me..."

"You fainted yesterday.", Luhan paused. "At your father's funeral."

"No!!", she screamed furiously as she sat up from her bed, glaring at Luhan. "My father is not dead!", she screamed again. Namjoon suddenly came back to life and grabbed her shoulders, caressing it.

"Shh, Juhyun. Calm down, you're not in a good condition.", Namjoon persuade her but seems like Juhyun wasn't going to calm down anytime soon.

"How dare you, Luhan! My father is not dead, yet you said he is!", Juhyun cried again. Luhan was beyond speechless. He doesn't know how to handle this, seriously. Yes, he had faced the same case before but the different is he was in Juhyun's spot before. 

It was totally different.

"Juhyun, calm down please.", Namjoon hugged her and Juhyun started to calm down but her eyes never leave Luhan who was still standing still in front of her. Juhyun could tell his face were beyond shock and he didn't do anything. He didn't approach or back away. He just stood there.

"Juhyun, your father died yesterday. You're not having a nightmare. It was the truth.", Namjoon breathe in before he told her everything.

 

 

 

Juhyun had been back facing him since an hour ago and she can't stop crying. The image of her father being laid down in the coffin played inside of her head. When she approached her father's lifeless body, she cried and Namjoon had been by her side.

Her legs were weak and Namjoon was by her side, trying to keep her standing strong. She saw her father's pale face. It was like a piece of paper without no color. That's how she described when she saw her father.

Years ago, she thought she will be facing this kind of hardship but God had gave her another chance to live with his father, up until now. The day had finally came. The image for her father's coffin was burried under the ground pained her. She was imagining her father was cold in the rain.

It was raining outside and the rain reminded her a lot to her father.

"Namjoon...", she whispered. However she didn't move from her position. Namjoon who was sitting on the couch, quickly stood up and made his way towards Juhyun was still lying on the bed. 

"Don't leave me.", she said and her voice was trembling because she was trying so hard to not cry. 

"Hey, look at me.", Namjoon called and Juhyun slowly turned towards him. "You can cry whenever you want. I will be always by your side no matter what, alright?", he said and Juhyun nods her head. Juhyun bit down her lower lip to prevent herself from crying when Namjoon suddenly hugged her.

"It's okay to cry. You can lean on me, Juhyun.", he said.

Right after he said that, she cried out loud on his chest. She hugged him tight and cried out loud on his chest. Namjoon closed his eyes, trying to reduce the pain in his chest when he saw how broken his wife look right now.

 

 

 

Juhyun had fall asleep and he was watching his wife sleeping again. He know he looks like a crap right now for not having enough sleep and he was pretty sure that his dismissal letter

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter