Chapter 15

Just One Day (하루만)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Namjoon sat at the chair next to Juhyun's bed as he reached his hand and hold her hand. A tears slipped down from his eyes and he harshly wiped it. Both of Juhyun's legs were casted because of the impact. He heard the doctor said that Juhyun had broke her legs and she might be not be able to walk like before. The doctor said that she had nerve malfunction.

He then turned his head towards her head which has been wrapped because the hard impact. He could see the a little blood tint on it. He shook Juhyun's hand.

"Juhyun-ah, wake up. I'm sorry.", the thirteen years old Namjoon cried. But no response from Juhyun.

"Juhyun, if you wake up I promise that I'll treat you ice-cream.", he cried again. "Juhyun-ah, wake up! Please...", he keep shaking her hand.

"Juhyun, I promise if you wake up I will play with you everyday."

Silence.

"I promise if you wake up I will do all of your homeworks."

Silence.

"Juhyun, wake up...I don't know what should I promise anymore..."

"Can you shut up?", a voice was heard and it was kind of husky to Namjoon's ears. Probably after a three days of unconcious.

"Juhyun! You're awake!", Namjoon happily cheered as he wiped his tears. Juhyun could just smile when she saw Namjoon was so happy. 

"Yeah.", she smiled. "I heard your promises and I hope you didn't break your promises, Namjoon.", Juhyun and of course her voice is still husky. 

"Anything for you, Juhyun. Anything.", he smiled.

"Where's my parents?", Juhyun asked as she tried to sit on the bed but she couldn't move. She didn't ask anything but keep lying on the bed for a moment.

Maybe it would better after a few minutes? She thought.

"They went to buy some food and they told me to take care of you.", he said.

"Namjoon, I'm thirsty.", she looked at her side. "Can you hand me some water?", she asked and Namjoon helped her. She then tried again to sit down on the bed but she failed again.

"Namjoon, I can't sit down. Can you help me?", she asked again. Namjoon put down the glass of water on the table beside the bed before holding her shoulders and helped her to sit up. He hold her and took the glass of water before hand it to her. She gladly took it and drink it all in once.

"Thank you.", she said as she hand in the empty glass back to him. Namjoon just smiled and nods his head. He was so happy that Juhyun had finally woke up.

"Namjoon, why I can't feel my legs?", she asked after a few seconds. But Namjoon didn't say anything. 

Juhyun tried to calm herself and then trying to move her legs once again but failed.

"Namjoon I can't feel my legs!", she panicked.

"Calm down, Juhyun. It's just a side effect.", he lied.

"You lied.", she cried.

"What?"

"What happen to me? I can't feel my legs!", she cried again as she pulled the blanket on her and threw it onto the floor.

"My legs...", she cried when she saw both of her legs had been casted.

"Juhyun...", he called. "The doctor said, you might be paralyzed."

"NO!!!"

 

 

 

 

Namjoon was jolted awake. 

He looked around then he realized that he was in the ward room. He watched Juhyun who was now lying on the bed as the those wire tangled around her. Her chest went up and down as she breathing normally through the oxygen mask. He was glad that the operation went perfectly fine. All thanks to Doctor Luhan and his team.

When he told their parents, both Mr. and Mrs. Bae were quite shock but they keep calm. Mr. Bae came to him and the only thought inside of his head was blame. He thought Mr. Bae is going to blame him on what had happen on Juhyun. Instead, Mr. Bae hugged him tight and say it wasn't his fault when things like this happens.

Just like the old times.

He now realized where he did mistake.

Liars would think everyone is lying and cheaters would think everyone is cheating. What makes Namjoon thought that Mr. Bae would blame him? Because he think that Mr. Bae was like him, a person who likes to put blame on others.

Today, he realized he was the reason why his relationship with Juhyun had went apart. He blamed Juhyun because they were married. He choose to blame on her and he choose to hate her. But what is he doing here right now? 

Because he want to fix their relationship. He hope that he wasn't too late for that.

Namjoon extended out his hand and rubbed her hand against his. It feel just like the old times. It was different case but he was in the same position that he had sat twelve years ago. At that time, he blamed himself for what had happen to Juhyun and today is still the same.

If years ago, he made promises to Juhyun and he didn't break it. Today, he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter