Chapter 1

Just One Day (하루만)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*Normal = present 
*Italic = Flashback

 

"An americano, please!", a male voice was heard right after the bell at the entrance. Juhyun who was brewing some fresh coffee, slightly turned her head towards the familiar voice. There was a boy who had a dimple on his cheek, smiling at the counter.

She returned the boy a smile and went back working on her brew.

"Will be in a minute, Joon! Have a sit first.", she said as she pointed to an empty place near the glasses wall at the corner of the cafe.

Juhyun's dad owned a cafe and she helped her parents. Her mother baked in the kitchen while her father served the customers. Even though they had enough hands on deck, Juhyun insisted to help.

"Seulgi, can you help me deliver this drink to table number five?", Juhyun asked as she pointed the girl to a small tray. Seulgi was cleaning the nearest table to the counter held up her head and nods. She took it and brought the cup to the table while Juhyun started to brew another cup of coffee for Namjoon.

Namjoon was waiting patiently on his place as his eyes look outside of the cafe. People were walking pass the cafe. Everyone seems to be hasty. He looked over his watch on his wrist and smirked understanding why these people were at such a state.

Because it's a peak hour.

"Your americano and coconut buns.", Juhyun's voice snapped Namjoon back to reality. Namjoon turned his head to her as Juhyun placed them down on the table.

"How's your internship?", she asked.

"Everything is fine. Just a little bit tired.", Namjoon said and he rolled his eyes. "Hey, how did you know I like coconut bun?", he asked. Juhyun could see that his eyes were sparkling as he pick one of them and stuffed it inside of his mouth.

"I don't know you're stupid.", she joked. "You came here every single day and you buy this,", she pointed the coconut bun, "...every single day."

"Oh...", he paused. Looking inside of Juhyun's eyes. She has a pair of very beautiful eyes. "I forgot, sorry.", he added as he keep continue eating the coconut buns.

"How was your application?", he asked, after a few moment of silence.

"They called me yesterday and they want me to come for an audition.", she said. Namjoon nods his head, understanding.

Juhyun didn't ask much but having a very good friend like Namjoon is more than enough. He wasn't just a friend to her, he's her bestfriend, her brother and sometimes he acted like he's a lover to her.

She had a crush on him.

She likes Namjoon a lot, ever since their secondary school. When Namjoon was about to move to high school, Juhyun was kind of sad because she had no friend to goof around like she used to be around Namjoon. Namjoon is only a year older than her. It's not that she doesn't have any friends. She does, but she doesn't know to how 'communicate' with them.

All they do were, gossiping around and talks about some girl stuffs which are not really her favorite.

There's time where she can get along with them and there's time where she really can't get along with them. Sure, they say she's their best friend but she never once feel like a best friend to them. If they were planning something, she'll be the very last person to know about it.

It's not a big deal to her, really. But some appreciation will do, maybe.

"What if I fail?", Juhyun questioned. Namjoon stopped eating and folded his arms as he stared right into Juhyun's eyes.

"Have you ever failed an audition before?", he asked. His voice sounds serious and when Juhyun looked up, it really does. Namjoon's face isn't kidding. He looks dead serious.

"...once out of twice.", she slowly said before looked away. "Next one will be the third time of the audition.", she added.

"Look Juhyun, the previous place where you've succeed in audition is the best place ever. I don't know why did you rejected to be one of them. I just don't get it. It's hard to get in that place, Juhyun.", he said. 

"Well, at least there's another best place for you to be in.", he added. "Remember, Juhyun if last time you fall, you're on the top now and if last time you're on the top, you have to keep it. You can do it!", he encouraging her and she felt a little bit encourage with his advices.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter