Chapter 16

Just One Day (하루만)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Juhyun found herself in a foreign place. She found herself was sitting on a handmade swing at a big tree.

She knew that she was in a very unfamiliar place but she doesn't know why did she keep on smiling as she keep swung the handmade swing. Then she suddenly heard someone, a guy to be exact was shouting.

Shouting her name.

Juhyun stopped swinging and jump off from it. Her eyes looked around to find the shouting man but she didn't find anyone there. She became quite scared when the saw no one but she heard a voice, she became panick.

She wanted to run away but her legs were stuck and she couldn't even move. That's when she saw the man in front of him, smiling sincerely to her.

It was Namjoon.

She felt herself froze and couldn't move at all. She saw Namjoon extent out his one hand, waiting for her to grab it. But Juhyun couldn't move, she can't grab his hand.

She couldn't only watch it with her sad eyes. 

She wanted to move so badly so that she could grab his hand but she doesn't know why she couldn't move. The fact that she was scared that Namjoon might pull back his hand and leave her behind.

However, Namjoon stayed. He patiently waited for Juhyun to grab his hand.

No matter how hard she tried, she couldn't.

She gave up.

By the time that she gave up, she felt her hands were moving and a warm breath against her forehead. She looked up and saw Namjoon was smiling warmly at her as he helped her to move.

"I'll never leave you, Juhyun.", he spoke.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Juhyun jolted from her dream as she was panting heavily. Then, she felt the massive headache attack her head. She tried to endure with it but it was too painfull and she couldn't take it which made she screamed.

"Juhyun!", a male cried as he ran towards her bed.

Juhyun held her head.

The pain was unbearable. It feel like her head was being knock with something very hard. After a few minute, a doctor came with his nurses and checked her up.

The doctor had injected something to her and she fell unconcious once again.

"What happen to her, doctor?", Namjoon asked, a bit worried. Yesterday, she had some problems with breathing and now she was screaming in pain.

Namjoon let out a heavy sign and keep telling himself that he need to be strong, for his wife, Juhyun.

"It was just the side effect after the surgery. Don't worry, it's normal. She'll be fine after a few days.", Luhan said as he smiled at him, reassuring him that everything will be fine.

"It's just a part of recovering period.", with that he walked out from Juhyun's room.

"Doctor!", Namjoon ran after Luhan which made Luhan stopped from walking.

"May I know what will she face during her recovering period?"

"She'll feel the pain, a very massive pain. That's why she's screaming earlier. Also, it could be depressing for her if the pain keep coming.", Luhan paused. "It's because the brain surgery is a lot for her body to cope with, even you couldn't take the pain.", he laughed.

"The swelling in the brain just for a while before she fully recover from it.", Luhan added.

"Just that?"

"Hmm, don't you think it's quite tiring to stand in the hallway all day Namjoon?", Luhan chuckled. "Let's grab some coffee and don't worry, Juhyun wouldn't wake up any soon."

Namjoon agreed to go to the cafe with Luhan and discuss about Juhyun because he, himselt wasn't uncomfortable to talk about it in the hallway. 

"As for the effect, it's not uncommon to have dizzy or get confuse with herself about where she is or what's happening to her from time to time. I had to warn you Namjoon, sometimes she could be upsetting for you or your family members. This kind of thing happen to my past patients.", Luhan said as he took a sip of his coffee before sit down, followed by Namjoon.

He ordered a cup of ice latte and for Namjoon, as usual, expresso.

"My brother use to make me this.", he pointed to Namjoon's cup.

Namjoon raised his eyebrows, confused. "I liked it but not anymore."

"Why?"

"Because the expresso maker had died.", he took a sip again and looked at Namjoon with a smile. "My brother died because of brain tumor.", Namjoon doesn't know how should he react but he was confuse as hell.

He just doesn't get it why does Luhan is telling him something about this.

"Why are you telling me this?"

"Because I was his surgeon. I understand how you felt right now, Namjoon. I do.", he paused. "I want you to be mentally strong because I know this wasn't easy but don't worry, Juhyun is doing fine. The tumor had been successfully removed."

"I know we both are not same but we both, you and I had been in the same situation. The different is, my brother died and your wife is still alive. If I could cope with it, why not you."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter