Chapter 12

Just One Day (하루만)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Hey dad...", Juhyun put down her back on the couch beside the of the door and went straight to her father. She hugged him like there's no tomorrow. "I miss you, dad!", she cried while hugging her father. Mr. Bae coudn't help but felt overwhelmed with the sudden atmosphere. Juhyun had never cried in front of him after she entered her first grade. Even when she fell down, she didn't cry. But instead, she went to him and showed her scraped knee.

"What happen my princess? Why are you crying?", he pulled away and wiped her tears. It hurt him to see her crying in front of him.

"You...", she whispered. "You made me worried when mom called us and said you fainted.", she paused. "The last time you passed out when I was in the seventeenth grade. You scared me so much at that time, dad. I thought I was about to lose you. I just...worried. I don't want things like this happen to you again...", she cried again.

"Shh, don't cry.", Mr. Bae persuaded.

"I can't help with it, okay!", she snaped. "Im sorry...I-I just feel so helpless when things like this happen to you."

"I'm fine.", he simply said it and smiled. "I'm old, Juhyun. I'm just a human who can't live forever. There will be time when I had to leave you and your mom. Whatever happen, you must have faith."

"But dad, it wouldn't be the same without you anymore."

"You have to adapt with it.", he paused as he wiped her tears. "I'm proud of you, Juhyun. Remember that.", he said as he kissed her temple.

Namjoon in the other was watching Juhyun and her father silently. Indeed, Mr. Bae was right. He had never seen Juhyun in this kind of breakdown. Her worst breakdown when she told him that she had broke up with Jongin. But something hit him, does she really had breakdown because of Jongin?

He saw Mr. Bae secretly motioned his hand, asking him to come closer. Slowly, Namjoon came closer to him as Mr. Bae pulled his hand, forcing Namjoon to sat down on the chair beside him while Juhyun sat on the bed next to him.

"Juhyun, Namjoon.", he paused. "I saw both of you grew up in front of my eyes. I saw how you treated my little girl with love and care. I saw in your eyes that you really love her and I know my daughter loves you too. I trust you to take care of my daughter even if I am still alive or not-"

"Dad!"

"Shh! I'm not finish yet."

"She wasn't like any other girl, I know. Because the way she grew up is the way how I raised her.", he says proudly as he Juhyun's hair. Juhyun couldn't help but looked down, not daring to look up.

"What I wanna say is, I want you to take a good care of her and be a good hus

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter