The 'friends' talk

That Thing Called Love [HIATUS]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

That Thing Called LOVE

It was a lovely morning in Eridell when the sunlight creeps in our room. I'd woken up since 6 in the morning and couldn't fall back to sleep. Soojung is still sleeping soundly at the back and i just heave a soft sigh as i hug my knees together and have my eyes out to the window to see the beautiful greens and mountains before my eyes and that massive lake in between the mountains. Everything is perfect is Eridell, the people who lives here is more than lucky and the King and Queen treated them nicely. 

Last night was a bummer, i must admitted it. Soojung wouldn't stop talking about it and all i wanted to do is to forget about it. I know i shouldn't have my hopes up too high before we went to his gallery party. But i couldn't help it and it would be a lie if i say i'm not disappointed of what just happened before my eyes. I tried to forgive and forget. Soojung kept saying that it was his fault for letting me fall for him but it was part of mine as well as i let myself in and fell for his soft moves.

She kept saying that he's just using me and i couldn't agree with that. I may not be an expert in love, but the way he looked at me when he begs , he stopped me from walking away was different. There was something hiding behind his shimmering eyes and i know he didn't mean anything. But i don't want to be that person who let someone's relationship fall into pieces and being such a selfish person just for a guy who i just met and immediately fell in love with. I may not be able to find someone as good as him, as handsome as him but i don't want to ruin someone's relationship. But i don't like it when Soojung told me i was being too kind.

I can't get angry, i just can't.

I'd end up crying and people would call me weak. I know i shouldn't be looking up to him anymore, i know i shouldn't be hoping to see him because i can't , even though part of me in there kept begging to go back to his gallery and part of me wanted him to explain everything but the other refused to know.

We're not leaving Eridell until tomorrow afternoon and we literally have a day off just for us to wander around this beautiful city and the least thing i don't want to happen is to bump into him, not that i don't want to. I just hope that i don't encounter him with his blonde girl who i supposed is his girlfriend. 

The door bell rings as i look back to the door and back at Soojung who's still in her deep slumber. I heave a soft sigh before walking towards the door, knowing that it's the food that i called for breakfast in the room rather than going down to have my breakfast alone. I pull the door open and was greeted by a lovely woman with a trolley with our food. I smile back as she gets inside and set the table for us and i look back when Soojung stir from her sleep and rub her eyes with her hands. 

"enjoy your breakfast" she said before walking back towards the door and i smile as i followed her from behind "have a lovely day, thank you" i said back with a smile before i close the door. "what time is it now?" asked Soojung when i walked back to the table and pull up the little metal food cover to see a delicious looking french toasts with berries and more berries and whipped cream on the side. "15 minutes to 9" i murmured and take a glass of orange juice closer before i take my seat.

"we should go out today.. it's a lovely day outside" says Soojung when she look out to the massive window next to the bed and i look to my left, to the window and agreed with her. It is indeed a lovely day. The sun shine down the greens and it would be a waste if we didn't go out. "quick and have your shower then" i said and starting to cut my toasts and i placed down my utensils when i forgot about the maple syrup on the side. I pour it all over the toasts and take that one big bite of it. "have you showered?" 

Soojung came forward as she runs her fingers through her long hair that stops just before her waist line. "i did. i had a nice warm bath" i said and Soojung took a bit of her breakfast which is small pancakes with fruits as well. "was it nice?" i nods because it was indeed the best bath i've ever had. It was so relaxing as i had the scented candle lit up near the bathtub and the warm water runs down. It's been a while since i had my last proper warm bath. And it indeed helped me a lot as i tried to forget about last night. 

"where should we go today?" she asked and i just shrug as i eat my toasts. I've been here before and i've been going around Eridell and explore as much as i could and i'm not sure where should we go. "i'm dying to go over there" i pointed out to the window where the lake is and there's a massive pier over there with loads of people and there's even balloons and probably a carnival over there. "they looks fun.." murmured Soojung and i know she'd like it as well. 

"maybe we can go there when the sun is setting? it'd be great wouldn't it?" i think it's a great idea, i nods to her with a smile "alright then, maybe i should go for a shower though" she got up and left to the shower after that. I knew she wanted to say something, it's like she's hiding something. And i know it's about yesterday. I don't really mind about him having a girlfriend or whatsoever, I can just look at him as a friend... 

I've always been looking up to him as a friend ... right? 

Maybe.

 

Soojung's in love with Eridell. We've been going to a lot of places and the day is slowly passing by, we're at some flower garden that we saw as we walked out from the cab. It was so random and we couldn't resist of not going in here. We did not regret any single bits right after we take a step forward into this garden. It's magical.

Why can't Landcastle have this kind of garden by the busy road, just for some people who needs to have some relaxation time, to feel the calmness. This is truely amazing. I really hope Landcastle would have something like this, I'd spend most of my time sitting on this rustic bench, looking out to this small lake with flowers surrounding me. Wouldn't that be amazing. 

"I can put in words how beautiful Eridell is" murmured Soojung as we walk around the small lake and have this small talks that we rarely do but i don't mind about it. "i'm glad that i'm finally here" she chuckles softly as we walk "you should ask Jongin to bring you here once you got married" i said and let out a small chuckle because i know they'd spend most of their time in this garden, probably just making out and throw sweet words at each other. 

"that'd be a great idea. i love that" she laughs beautifully next to me with her hair dancing together with the wind and arm wrap around mine. "of course you'd love that" i chuckle softly before looking straight and trying to keep myself smiling.. which i did but Soojung knew. "you know you can just throw him away from your head" i heave a soft sigh as i turn to look away because Soojung reads me. 

Maybe i was stupid. 

Maybe i am

Maybe i just can't stop thinking about him

Maybe i am right

Maybe i am still likes him

Maybe... 

"i did" i lied . Soojung didn't say anything but she stops which makes me stop as well and i look back at her knowing how exactly she felt right now. "you know you can't lie to me Jinri" i heave a sigh and shove my hands in my jacket's pocket before i give her a simple shrug "he's a jerk Jinri" said Soojung and i didn't look back at her, i walk away before she run to catch up with me and wrap her arm around me again. "we can't just simply judge people by what we see Soojung" 

"why are you siding him?-" "-i'm not siding him. i'm not okay. but i don't think he's a jerk" i never raise my voice as i talked even though it is kind of an argument with Soojung. I bet other people would have their voice up really high when they have this kind of talk with someone. "you're being too soft" "-and why is that even bothers you? i mean, he's a good friend. a friend Soojung" 

It is indeed true. 

He's a go

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter