chapter 8

apocalypse II

Half an hour had passed with each of the members of the small group, stayed hidden while the infecteds passing through the road. It seemed like the last walker of the herd had been far enough from them.

Minho got out from the car and inspect the area before offering his hand to help Mir out of the car. "Are they migrating or something?" Minho commented, huffing a puff of air.

"Could something attract all of those to somewhere?" Mir asked and Minho shrugged. Mir looked towards the leaving herds of walkers noticing their other members coming out from their hiding spot one by one looking at the same direction as Mir.

"They came from west. You still think it's a good idea to keep heading to west?" Mir asked as he saw Rain approaching them.

"Should we turn back? Find a safer place?" Rain asked.

"You mean, going in the same direction as that herds? Isn't that crazy?" Minho scratched his nape. "I say, we stick to our original plan."

"But what if, there's more ahead-" 

At that time, Mir had tuned out the small disagreement between Rain and Minho. He heard rustling near the area. He backed off from the bickering duo and searched the area, following the sound.

Mir narrowed his wide eyes when he saw a blurry figure in the forest by the road side. It was of a boy if he wasn't mistaken. A boy with blond hair and fully white attire.

The boy was far into the forest that Mir couldn't see clearly of the boy's face. Mir took one step ahead and the boy too took a step back, maintaining the same distance between them.

Suddenly, the boy dashed further into the forest. Mir, didn't even think, his legs went autopilot as he ran after the mysterious boy.

"Mir?" Rain called when he realized Mir was no longer with them. The heated discussion between him and Minho stop in the middle of sentence. "Where's Mir?"

Minho looked around. There was no sign of the boy in question. "Maybe he went back to the others?" He guessed.

"Maybe we should too, then. Let's just get all the food and drink from that truck and we can discuss about this later." Rain decided which Minho agreed easily.