chapter 14

apocalypse II

The now big group was quiet as they tried to analyze the situation. They were sitting around the RV and the cars. "So, let me get this straight. West fort is not an option. So, we're going east, now?" Seungho asked looking at each of the boys there. 

"Should we?" Sanghyun asked hesitantly. He shrunked into himself a bit when all eyes directed to him. "I-I mean..." He gulped loudly, voice getting smaller. "T-the west fort is overflowed. East fort could be the same, couldn't it?" 

Seungho patted Sanghyun's raven hair and smiled softly. "Maybe. But, we can try. We have nowhere to go anyway." 

"Hey..." Mir called. His wide eyes were on the new five faces. "You guys know what had happened here, don't you?" He asked gesturing towards all the abandoned vehicles and the decaying dead bodies inside them. 

"Mireu? What do you mean?" Byunghee asked confused. 

Mir turned to the older. "They were shot." Mir said monotonously and turned back to the five new boys. "Is this the goverment's work?" He asked again.

Jonghun sighed and nodded. "It was chaotic. All of those people got panicked and tried to push their way into the west fort. So, the goverment shot them as a warning." The frown on the boy's face clearly showed grief and anger.

"That wasn't a warning! That was a massacre!" Rain half-shouted as he watched with wide eyes to none particular direction.

"Even the goverment has gone mad." Onew commented, clicking his tongue as he watched Minho and Jonghyun paced on the roof of the abandoned cars, keeping watch.

"I don't think we should go to east fort then." Joon added. The others nodded. "What about you guys?" He tilted his chin towards the five boys whom just a minute ago were strangers to them.

"Well, we think..." Minhwan eyed Jonghun.

"We think, there's no wrong trying to the east fort for now." Jonghun concluded. 

"But..." Hongki cut in. The boy stopped in the middle of sentence, biting his bottom lips. He caught Seunghyun shot him a questioning look. "Aniyo. Maybe Jonghun is right. We have nothing to lose anyway." 

"What about you guys? Where are you heading then?" Jaejin asked.

"Well, we'll just set up a new camp, somewhere safe." Seungho decided and he knew the others agree with him since no one voiced anything and just nodded.

"Jaejin, what were you going to say before? About the latest news?" Mir asked, turning to face the tall skinny boy.

"Oh, that. It was just a rumor. But, it seemed like the goverment decided to wipe clean the walker. I think they call it 'red plan'. But I don't how they would carry that out and when. I know nothing of the details or if it is even true." Jaejin shrugged though his expression was more than serious about the plan he was talking about probably half believing in the rumor. 

Mir nodded thoughtfully. He had no good feeling about that plan somehow. And Byunghee noticed that in Mir's eyes, but the older didn't say anything. For now.

"So... We'll go on our own way, then." Jonghun said and smiled.