chapter 3

apocalypse II

"It's getting cold." Mir heard Taemin was complaining to Minho. The small boy saw Mir who stepped around their RV and beamed. "Mir hyung~" He greeted and skipped to the older boy.

Mir took off his jacket and draped it over Taemin's shivering body. "You should wear warmer clothes." He reminded.

Taemin nodded. "I like your jacket though." He said cheekily, gaining Mir's soft chuckle.

Mir patted the younger's head. "You can have it then." He couldn't help the grin on his face when Taemin again beamed his cute smile. With Taemin there to entertain him, his longing for Sanghyuk was treated even for just a bit.

"You're going to freeze like this." Mir heard a soft voice from behind him and felt warmth around him second later. Mir turned and saw that Byunghee was putting on a thick sweater on him.

"Thanks, Byunghee hyung." He turned and smiled at the older whom easily smiled back at him. A soft smile that never failed to warm the other's heart.

"Let's get going, guys. We've got a few companies here." Came the commanding voice of their new acting leader, Seungho. 

All of them saw a few walkers approaching them. "Come on." Byunghee grabbed Mir's hand and pulled the boy to their car at the same time, Key dragged Taemin to their RV.

They left the limping walkers behind easily and kept moving towards the west. Mir leaned back on seat and closed his tired eyes. A nudge on his lips caused him to open back his eyes. 

Sanghyun was smiling back at him from the passenger seat next to the driver seat. His long hands reached to the youngest at the backseat, nudging a bread on Mir's lips. "You didn't eat breakfast." 

Mir took the bread and ate it. Easing his rumbling stomach. He suddenly felt a load on his shoulder.

"I ended up guarding all night yesterday." Joon mumbled sleepily as he leaned against Mir.

"Why didn't you wake me up?" Mir asked, frowning.

Joon yawned and shifted a bit. "You haven't been sleeping well these days. You need all the time you can have." At Mir's silence, Joon peered up to the shocked younger. "You've been having nightmare, haven't you?" Joon asked more like a statement as he looked deep into Mir's dark brown orbs.

Mir looked away but only managed to locked eyes with Byunghee who was sitting on his other side. There was concern in those dark orbs. "You talked and trashed around in your sleep. What were you dreaming about?" Byunghee asked.

Mir bit his lips and looked down. "Just some horrible memories." Mir mumbled. He felt a warm hand enveloping his own.

"Of Sanghyuk?" Byunghee's voice was soft and small, treating Mir like a child.

Mir sighed and just leaned his head on Byunghee's shoulder. He shook his head once, signalling he didn't want to talk about it. His free hand finding the necklace hanging around his neck and he wrapped his slender fingers around the precious locket tightly.

"Well, that's a cute sight for sure. If only we have a camera." Seungho commented as he caught a glance of the trio at the backseat. Joon was snoring softly, his head on Mir's shoulder while Mir had his head on Byunghee's shoulder. Byunghee leaned his cheek against the top of Mir's head as the older was staring outside the car window.

He glanced at Sanghyun who was sitting next to him. The younger got a small notebook in his hands and was sketching something. "But we have book and pencil." Sanghyun commented as he kept drawing the images of the trio at the backseat.

Seungho chuckled and patted Sanghyun's head. "Too much like a child." He muttered to himself, eyes on the road.