15th

Unspoken
Please log in to read the full chapter

          “See! I told you that you need to bring at least a sweater with you!” Kyungsoo scolded his younger fiancé as he entered their shared apartment. Jongin closed the door behind him and it was just then that he realized that he had been shivering. The warmth of their home enveloped him and then Kyungsoo followed after. He found his arms wrapping around the elder and his lips are on his hair. Kyungsoo leaned back a little and chuckled because of Jongin’s gesture. “Did you do something wrong?”

          “I… think I did, Soo,” the younger’s arms tightened around him and he stiffened. What could possibly be Jongin’s misdeed that he’s acting like this? The younger is being unusually quiet and he’s hiding his face from Kyungsoo. It worries his fiancé so much.

          “Do y-you want to talk about it?” Kyungsoo couldn’t help but stutter. What if Jongin has been going behind his back all these years? Insecurity clutching over Kyungsoo’s heart.

          “It’s… it’s Sehun,” Jongin breathed and Kyungsoo sighed in relief but he put his hands on the younger’s cheeks to look at his face openly. The regret and longing is evident on Jongin’s face; he hasn’t mentioned his bestfriend for years now. Kyungsoo knows how his long-time boyfriend felt when Sehun suddenly disappeared days before Christmas about six years ago. It must’ve been major if Jongin is talking about him now.

          “What about him, babe?” Kyungsoo led them towards their couch and settled Jongin until his back is comfortably backed on the cushion.

          “I shouldn’t have been mad at him,” Jongin buried his head in his hands. His boyfriend’s hand caressed his back soothingly and the tension rolling off of him dissipated.

          “Okay, I’m listening,” he prompted.

          “Sehun has been in America because of…” Jongin paused, contemplating if he should share Sehun’s secret to Kyungsoo. Hell, it doesn’t matter anymore. “… he’s sick.”

          “Oh my god,” Kyungsoo’s hand covered his mouth because of shock. “What is it, Jongin? How long had he been sick? Is he okay? , does Luhan hyung know about this?” he fired, agitated. Jongin can’t help but chortle at flustered Kyungsoo. Even after years of being together, he still finds his fiancé cute in everything he does.

          “Sehun has a rare condition that affects his nervous system. I don’t know much about it, Soo but he has that even before we met. I don’t know for sure the first time that he knew about it but it made him immobile at times. Before he left, he was experiencing a complication that has something to do with his memory. Do you remember how he kept of forgetting things?” Jongin shifted on the couch so that he’s lying on Kyungsoo’s thighs. The elder nodded and hummed for him to continue.

          “I’m not sure how bad it was. I just knew today how it was when his mother called me out today.”

          “You met with Sehun’s mom? Is he with her?” Kyungsoo felt a little hope in him. If Sehun is here, his Luhan hyung might be the happiest person again.

          “Yep, I met up with her but Sehun is not there,” the elder’s lips fell on the corners. “But she said that Sehun is here, too.”

          “Are you not going to see him?” And maybe we can get Luhan hyung, too?

          “I don’t know if that’s a good idea, Soo.”

          “Why not?”

          “Because Sehun right now might not be the Sehun that we knew.”

 

          “Teacher Lu!” Sunye called when she rounded the corner towards the studio. Luhan was waiting for his students by the studio’s entrance. He broke out a smile when he saw the little girl and he bent down to scoop her up. Sunye giggled cutely.

          “What’s up? You’re being extra energetic today,” he poked her nose lightly.

          “Ahh, Sunye. What are you doing?” a lady about Luhan’s age, he assumes, followed Sunye’s tracks and she stopped in front of Luhan. The little girl smiled at the lady.

          “Mama! This is teacher Lu. Teacher Lu, this is my mama Eun Hye,” Sunye introduced the two adults and she told Luhan to put her down.

          “Nice to meet you, Mrs. Oh,” Luhan shook the lady’s hand and she smiled at him when she took

Please log in to read the full chapter