14th

Unspoken
Please log in to read the full chapter

          Luhan stretched his back as he slung his gym bag over his shoulder. Feeling his joints crack comfortably, he smiled. He had been practicing for six hours straight last night because he even forgot that he is hungry. He chuckled to himself. He really should be eating a lot more since there are a lot of performances lined up for him in a month. He looked lovingly all over his own dance studio, even though he’ll still be seeing it regularly for a month. He’ll be missing this, especially his lovely students.

          “Bye bye, teacher Lu!” Sunye, a very adorable six year-old, lifted her hands up asking Luhan to take her up and he obliged willingly. She’s his favorite student, after all. Her eye smile that looks like crescents reminds him of somebody that makes his heart warm and cold at the same time. Sunye pecked him on the cheek and giggled. “You’re really pretty,” she pointed out.

          “Aish, this kid. I told you not to call me pretty. Teacher Lu is handsome, okay?” Luhan poked her cute little nose and she pouted.

          “My dad is also pretty!” she protested. Luhan shook his head. Sunye’s father might be spoiling her a little too much.

          “Whatever you say, sweet pea. No go along, your mom will be here to pick you up,” he put her down and she smiled up to him, making his own lips’ corners tug up.

          “My dad will come for me today, teacher!” Sunye clapped her hands excitedly.

          “That’s wonderful. You wouldn’t want to make him wait, would you, Oh Sunye?”

          “I want you to meet him, teacher!”

          “Sorry, kid but your teacher is meeting up with me,” a deep bass echoed throughout the studio making Luhan snort. Sunye clutched her teacher’s calf, eyeing the tall person by the doorway warily.

          “This giant baby. Stop scaring my students,” Luhan chided with a pointed look to the tall guy who walked to him with a smile.

          “Alright, I’m sorry, baby girl,” the guy offered his huge hand to Sunye who just poked it and she went back to hiding behind her teacher’s leg.

          “Get along now, Sunye. Your dad might be waiting for you outside,” Luhan pried the little hands from his pants and brought the little girl to the door before sighing and giving his usual visitor the stinky eye. “Don’t you have better things to do? Like run your business empire or something?”

          “What got you in a foul mood today, honey?”

          “Kris…”

          “What? I’m keeping my hands to myself,” Kris raised his hands to prove his point making Luhan roll his eyes. He just sighed and proceeded to the door himself, flicking the lights off as he went. “Lu…”

          “What do you need, Kris?” Luhan asked tiredly. This is already a daily routine that has been going on for about four years and no matter how much he pushes Kris away, he’ll just come back everyday. Maybe not to his studio all the time. It’s sometimes at the agency and sometimes in Luhan’s condo.

          “Nothing. I just wanted to see you,” the taller smiles at him sadly, knowing that he has somehow upset Luhan again but he can’t leave him alone. He tried for so many times but he’ll always find himself back to where Luhan is. Guilt eating him up again, Luhan walked up to Kris and led him outside of the dark studio and into the well-lighted hallway. “I’m sorry,” Kris tacked after when he only received silence after his statement.

          “Kris, you don’t have to do this though,” shoulders slumped downwards, Luhan fixed the strap of his bag as he trudged down the hallway and he felt Kris walk beside him, matching his sluggish pace when he knows all too well that Kris can go faster, what with his long legs and whatever.

          “That’s like the millionth time that I’ve heard that,” Kris chuckled humorlessly. So this is one of those nights that Luhan will be difficult. Most nights, Luhan will just humor him with whatever he wants to do but there are some when he is being totally ignored. Kris would rather have a difficult Luhan than to a very quiet one.

Please log in to read the full chapter