13th

Unspoken
Please log in to read the full chapter

          The day of the final recital has come. This will be the dance majors’ last performance before they graduate, culminating their years of hard work in the university. Never did Luhan prepared for a performance like he did for this. He has poured his everything into his piece not only because he wants to get a very good grade and maintain his high standing in his class but also because he wants to express his feelings to somebody whom he will probably never see again.

          Luhan is not hoping for him to see his performance. Who knows where on earth Oh Sehun is but he can’t contain his feelings any longer. He needs to somehow let them go and Luhan thinks that the best way to do this is with his final recital.

          Dancing has been Luhan’s passion ever since he was a kid and still in China. He flew to Korea to be able to pursue his dreams but little did he know how much of his dreams will he be able to find here.

          The university he got into has honed him to his full potential and taught him so much more. He has met wonderful people that made his life a little lighter and easier despite being busy with his studies and chasing his dream to perform in the biggest stages all over the world. And he has also met the love of his life.

          It wasn’t easy admitting that to himself since he has already lost him, too. But in the end, Luhan can’t deny the truth. God knows how much he tried to get over the fact that Sehun is gone. He has tried to drown himself with everything that could take his mind off of that brat but everything in Luhan’s life seemed to remind him of the younger.

          Luhan tried to drown himself in new material to choreograph to but he always remembers how he shares them with Sehun by giving him half of his earphones and asking for the other’s opinion. He even showed him some moves to get his approval. Of course, he wanted to look good to Sehun. Luhan tried to bury himself to paperworks from his minor subjects but it also reminded him how good Sehun is in writing. That kid prefers writing than speaking, thus his diary. The elder snickered to himself but a tear has escaped his eyes. He drew in a deep breath.

          Sehun has kept on haunting him everywhere he goes too. When he is in his classroom, his thoughts would wander off to where Sehun is and he can’t help it. When the time for lunch comes, he will almost see Sehun sitting beside him, quietly eating his food and he would occasionally look at Luhan to smile at him. When Luhan walks home, he can almost feel Sehun’s hand in his, as if the kid is still walking him to his house.

          Luhan is pathetically in love and in deep sorrow but he does nothing about it.

          Minseok and Lay had scolded him a million times already but as hard as they try, they can’t make Luhan budge from his miserable bubble. He doesn’t want to be saved because he’d rather bathe in the pain than forget about Sehun. Sehun is too precious for him to lose and he’ll hold on to what little he has left of him.

          Kyungsoo was being sympathetic and he always sticks to Luhan whenever he can. Jongin is sometimes there too because whenever Luhan sees the younger, his heart lurches with the hope of Sehun appearing any moment. It plunges down in a blink though, when he remember that Sehun is not there anymore. He can feel his world crumbling down once again.

          Many would think that he will grow tired of the pain. Instead, Luhan became used to it that it felt like it was natural routine for him to get Sehun from wherever part of his memory he is and then he’ll realize that Sehun has left him. But it doesn’t matter. What matters is that Sehun has told Luhan that he loves him too. That’s is more than enough for Luhan.

          He could live with that.

          “Lu, are you ready?” Lay put his hand on his friend’s shoulder as they wait for their turn from the backstage. He has been worried sick for Luhan for months already. Ever since Sehun disappeared, Luhan seems to have changed. More like he has lost himself. It’s like a part of him left with Sehun, though that might just be the case. Lay can completely understand how Luhan feels but he just can’t let Luhan waste away. He has so much ahead of him and he can’t let his friend throw that all away for a person who couldn’t do a proper goodbye.

          Luhan looked at his friend and tried his best to muster up a smile. He knows that Lay means well; he’s only looking out for Luhan but Luhan is okay, at least that’s what he tries to convince himself with. Lay was soon called to the stage and Luhan is left alone once again. His bestfriend refuses to talk to him until some sense is knocked into him, he says. He misses Minseok but he needs to understand him like Lay.

          There is no way that he will let Sehun go.

 

          Lay reentered the backstage, drenched in sweat but a smile was upon his lips. He did well, Luhan could tel

Please log in to read the full chapter