Chapter 19

Not So Different
Please log in to read the full chapter
Chapter 19 Happy Chinese New Year!!!!    Woooooooohooooooooooo   Lets get all the red packets and goodies   This is my gift to y'all!   Enjoy the short chapter! *Throws pineapple tarts in your direction*  ————————  

 

My mind refused to focus during lessons. Despite how much I tried, I just could not bring myself to pay attention to the biology lesson carry on in front. My train of thought kept wondering back to Jungkook. Why did he get suspended? What happened the previous night which got him into that terrible state? All the questions were swimming in my head.

 

"And one the innate immune cells is the Natural Killer Cell—Yura stop daydreaming!" Mrs Song's voice boomed across the whole classroom which brought me back from all the thinking.

 

"Y-yes?"

 

She gestured me to stand up, in the middle of the class. I could feel all blood rushed to my face as embarrassment engulfed me. Snickers were heard all around the class and at this moment, I hoped that the floor could just open up and engulf me whole.

 

"Which immune system are NK cells from? Innate or adapted" She looked at me sternly.

 

"Innate?" I made a lucky guess. It was a 50-50 chance either way.

 

"Correct. And what do they kill?" She looked unimpressed, still staring in my way.

 

I looked around before trying to fish out the required information in my brain. All I knew was that most immune cells kill pathogens, NK cells should be the same...right?

 

"Pathogen?"

 

She shook her head disapprovingly while letting out a loud sigh. "Wrong, they kill tumour and cancer cells. Pay attention in class okay?" She gestured me to sit backk down.

 

Even without anyone telling me, I knew that my whole face must be flushed.

 

~~~~~~~

 

"It does not make any sense. How could someone just get

Please log in to read the full chapter