chapter 8

Not So Different
Please log in to read the full chapter
Chapter 8 A longer chapter compared to the previous one, please enjoy ^^   It is a rather quick update since I just updated yesterday..   Will be updating the next chapter next week XD   And we reached 430 subbies! Hurray ^^    

 

After a couple of hours, the first break finally came. You were packing up to get ready for recess when you felt a tap on you shoulders. Turning to the direction of the person that tapped you, you realised that it was your seatmate.

 

You tilted your head curiously at him, wondering why did he gesture for you. Meanwhile, your seatmate was just scratching his neck nervously, as if he did not know what to say. 

 

"Y-yes?" you asked, you voice came out soft like a whisper. Mentally, you were wincing at how your voice came out stammered. I should really go and brush up my conversing skills.

 

He must had heard your voice asking for him which he looked up at you and reached out for a handshake. 

 

"M-my name is Jeon Jungkook, I must had not introduced myself earlier." He looked so shy, just like a small little boy.

 

"Kim Yura." You reached up to shake his hand, offering a slight smile. His ears immediately turned red upon contact as he cleared his throat to eased his embarrassment. It was weird for you to say but you found his action kind of... cute. 

 

Seeing that there was nothing much he wanted to say, you were about to walk away when he reached out to grab your wrist. His hold was brief and very gentle, as if you were as fragile as glass.

 

Turning around, you looked at him with curiousity. He mustered up his courage before holding his gaze with you, "Do you want to join me and my friends for recess?" 

 

He did not expect it but the answer given was immediate. 

 

"No thanks, maybe next time." You wiggled your arm away from him before giving a slight bow and walked out of the classroom. 

 

Jungkook was standing there puzzled, feeling dejected as well. Is it so difficult that I just want to be friends with you?

 

~~~~~ 

You speed-walked out of the classroom, not wanting to spare a second gaze behind as guilt welt up in you. It was not your intention to reject him so bluntly, it was out of reflex of you not wanting history to repeat itself.

 

Please log in to read the full chapter