Chapter 9

The Name I Loved

Onew POV

It’s been 2 months since Onew started his final year of high school and so far, things have been going his way. Projects were projects,school was school, people were people, and since he had all of his friends around to help him, he’s conquered them easily. MinYong had forgiven his previous action of forgetting about her and after many failed attempts to get together, suggested that they start over, preferably Saturday. However, Onew had to decline.

“I have another event scheduled for that day,” he told her after 5th hour while at his locker.

“Awww. What could possibly be going on, oppa?” She cocked her head so that her hair fell over her shoulder in an attempt to look cute. Onew closed his locker and turned to her while fidgeting with his lock. “I…have to meet someone…” he clicked it shut.

“Whhhhoooooo???” MinYong whined. “A family member? A friend? Is it very important? We’ve been waiting so long to plan this out perfectly…”

Onew mentally grimaced. No, he thought, you have been waiting.

“I’m really sorry.” He gave her an apologetic smile and began stepping in the opposite direction (to his left), indicating that he was ready to head to his next class. MinYong pouted, but nodded in understanding and said in her native tongue, “Hopefully, another time.” She smiled, then turned away.

 

 

After school, Onew went to his locker early so that he could get to her locker before she did. Stuffing all of his books into his locker and slaming it shut, he ran down the hall, past his friends, past MinYong, past other people he slightly knew, all until he saw a familiar girl, already at her locker and putting her books into her backpack.

Damn, he thought, she’s already there. But it’d be fun to sneak up on her.

Without warning, Onew creeped over to her, making sure he didn’t accidently laugh at how unexpecting and oblivious she was being to him. At the right ime, he opened his mouth and let out a yelp loud enough to wake the dead.

“AGH!” Ary jumped and whipped her head around, meeting face-to-face with the culprit.

Onew was holding his stomach in laughter. “Ahhh, jagiya, I’m sorry.”

Ary couldn’t help but grin. This wasn’t the first time her boyfriend snuck up on her. He was actually getting pretty good at it.

Ary puched him in the shoulder before pulling him in for a long, secretive kiss.

Onew smirked when she pulled away. “Must you always be so seductive?”

Ary winked. “Only on Fridays. So, what have you planned out for tomorrow?”

“It’s a surprise! I can’t tell you…just make sure you meet me here.” he pinched her cheek.

“Ugh. I don’t want to wait!” she crossed her arms and pouted, provoking laughter from Onew. “What are you doing!?” He asked in between giggles.

 

“Hey! Don’t laugh at me. I’m doing that thing that Korean guys like so much. What is it called again? Eggo? Ayeco?”

“Aegyo?” Onew asked, laughing even harder at her failed pronunciation.

“Arg! You know what I meant!” She punched him in his shoulder again and they laughed, now walking side by side out of the entrance door.

 

Without a care in the world, Onew wrapped an arm around her and pulled her close to him, but Ary squirmed and pushed him away. Onew looked at her in confusion.

 

“What’s wrong?” He pouted.

 

“Other people,” She looked up at him. “If your friends see you, they aren’t going to like this.”

 

“How would you know? Just because we haven’t told them doesn’t mean they wouldn’t approve. I just have to see first. I’ll bring it up around them and if they seem negative towards the idea, then we’ll stay secret until someone finds out about it.”

Ary sighed. “I don’t know if I like having a hidden relationship. It seems wrong. Like I’m lying to everyone.”

Onew smiled at her. “But then again, the thrill of having a secret does the body wonders.” He winked and Ary hit him, shaking off his grip. “You’re such a ert!”

 

Once the two reached the outside, they made sure that no one they knew was around before hugging and saying their goodbyes.
Ary walked away first, soon running over to a tall girl that he’d seen her with several times before.

Must be her best friend or something, he thought.

 

“Onew-hyung!”

 

Onew turned around and saw his group of buddies all headed towards him. “Ready to go home?” Minho asked.

“Yeah. Let’s go.”
 

The guys stuck to their weekly routine of walking home side-by-side with the wind in their faces and the sun warming their skin. Since it was late November, Daylights Savings Time ended, so the sun was setting earlier and the sky was getting darker faster. The leaves on the trees turned their glorious colors of red, yellow,and orange and collectively began to collect onto the ground. Minho kicked around a few leaves.

“You guys wanna come over tomorrow? I don’t have anything better to do.”

The rest of the guys all said “sure and “okay”. All but Onew.

“What about you Onew-hyung?”

Onew bit his lip. “I have homework to do. I can’t make it.”

Jonghyun furred his brows in confusion. “What? No teacher gave out homework today. They’ve been having meetings all this week.”

 

“What? Well no. I have studying to do.”

 

“On what? We just finished taking our tests. We won’t learn a new subject until next week!”

 

“Jeez if you didn’t want to go just say so, hyung.”

 

“No Minho, it’s not that. I just have something to do.”

 

All were silent. Nothing but the occasional breeze whisping past their ears.

 

“Hey guys,” Onew cracked, hoping to not sound as awkward as he felt. “I’m not saying this is true and I’m not saying I feel this way. Buuuuuut….say I had a girlfriend. And—”

 

“I knew that was the real reason!” Minho yelled. The rest of the guys cooed.

 

“Ahahhaha Onew-hyung!!! Why didn’t you just say so!?”

 

“Is it MinYong!? I know it’s MinYong!”

 

“Onew-hyung don’t be so embarrassed! We support you…and we want to meet her!”

 

“GUYS!” Onew had to raise his voice to get their attention. “I’m speaking hypothetically! Say I had a girlfriend. Would you guys support me with her?”

 

“Of course hyung,” Minho said. “Always.”

 

“But...” Onew continued, “what if she was…something other than Korean?”

 

Contrasting his thoughts, the guys still supported his proposal.

 

“Yeah of course!”

 

“Anyone and anything, hyung!...As long as it breathes…and it’s not an animal…”

 

“Whoever you want, hyung. We are more than just Korean.”

 

Though Jonghyun’s comment threw him off a bit, he smiled at himself at their approval. Knowing that they all grew up in households where their families preached the importance of keeping the bloodline pure, he was ecstatic that they thought differently. Onew never talked about dating with his mother, so he’s not sure how she feels about it, but he’s certain she might be okay with him going outside of his race. She did  love him, afterall.

While they walked, Onew battled the idea in his head. Should I tell them now or later?

Upon remembering Ary’s worriedness at his previous action while they were at school, he decided to speak of it with her first.

 

At least they are taken care of. Now…how would MinYong react?

 

It’d probably be best not to tell her anything.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For anyone who doesn't know:

Jagiya: Korean pet name, similar to honey, sweetheart, etc.

I know i've been off my updating game. i just dont want this story to finish before it gets popular, and SCHOOL T_T it's a good thing i have this story finished, huh? Lol.

and HELLOOOO to all my new subscibers :DDD

Subscibe, Upvote, Comment!!!