Chapter 14

The Name I Loved

Onew POV

 

Onew walked home from school with his friends as he always does on a Friday evening. The boys were covered from head to toe in long coats and winter hats as the frigid weather began to set. Their breaths, thick and hot, left their noses and mouths and disappeared into the cold air.

“Got any birthday plans Onew-hyung?” Taemin asked Onew, breaking the silence.

“Huh?”

Taemin laughed. “Should we throw you a party? And invite MinYong-noona?”

“What? No,  no, I already have pla—”

Minho butted in, cutting Onew off. “That sounds like a good idea, Taemin!”

Taemin smiled. “I knew it would!”

Key and Jonghyun also joined in on the conversation and soon enough, the guys started making plans.

“Guys,” Onew pleaded, “guys, don’t throw me a party. I don’t want one.”

“Why not!?” Key yelled. “You’re gonna be 18!”

“Yeah!” Jonghun added. “That’s the age of fresh adulthood! You could get the hook up with MinYong!”

“Exactly!” Taemin joined. “You and noona would look so nice together. I ship you guys.”

“I don’t want to be shipped with her! I don’t want a party! I just want to be at home, by myself, with no distractions! Peace and quiet!”

The guys all looked at him. “Is that really what you want, Onew-hyung?” Jonghyun asked.

Onew looked into their faces, feeling bad about their slight disappoinment. But he had to restrain.

“Yes. Please?”

They all nodded and sighed in agreement. “Okay.” Jonghyun answered for them all, however, Onew could see a faint smile on his lips as he eyed the others.

“I’m serious guys,” Onew enforced.  “No parties. At all.”

Jonghyun huffed. “We know, hyung! But…just out of curiosity…you do think MinYong is cute, don’t you?”

Onew sighed. “Yeah, I guess,” he grunted.

“That’s allllllll we need to know. No parties. We swear.”

They walked the rest of the way in silence.

 

 

“Are you on your way over?”

“Yep, I’m leaving the house right now!”

“Right now! But I can hardly wait much longer…”

“Well baby boy, you’ll have to learn to be patient.”

“How many times must I say, I cannot be patient with someone like you! You aren’t worth waiting.”

“You’re sweet Onew. You won’t have to wait for long. I’m nearly there. I’ll see you soon. Later.”

Okay sweeheart. Later.

“Don’t use Korean with me!”

“Later, baby!”

“Hey!—”

Onew hung up the phone before his girl could respond with anything else. Placing the device on his nightstand, he laid down on his bed and with closed eyes, began to think of the endless things he and Ary could do together. A small smile crept onto his face—how he really liked this girl! He couldn’t even undersand it. What was it about her that was so appealing? Her skin? Her hair? Her personality? All seemed like valid answers, however, it didn’t quite hit the reason why. Why he always wanted her by his side, why he thought of her nearly everyday, even why he fell for her in the first place. However, no matter how hard he attempted to think of an amswer, he was utterly satisfied with no response. There was no need to explain to others or himself why he had the feelings he did. Love doesn’t need answers.

 

However, people demand them.

MinYong.

 

She wasn’t the rude or jealous type (so he thinks) but she might react badly to news of him dating…even worse, someone who isn’t Korean. It was so obvious she liked him and though he hadn’t been making it clear whether or not he liked her, he might’ve returned her feelings if it wasn’t for Ary.

 

A knock at the door interrupted his thoughts and in an excited, swift move, he ran to the door and yelled, “Who is it!?”

 

“It’s me, Onew! Open up, it’s freezing out here!”

“What’s the magic word!?”

“Please!?”

“Awww, you got it.” He unlocked the locks on the door and smiled at the sight before him.

 

“I bought you some gifts! And some chicken…I know how much you like chicken…”

“Thanks.” He opened the door wider so that Ary could be able to let herself in.

 

“Your house looks the same.”

“Was it supposed to change?”

“Nah, I just thought you would’ve decorated a bit on your birthday…” Ary removed her boots and placed them neatly to the side. Onew shut the door behind and locked it accordingly.

 

Wouldn’t want anyone to burst in and ruin his night alone with her.

 

Ary turned towards Onew with a smirk on her face. “So what’s first on your agenda? We should go out. You are 18 after all.”

 

“Going out will do anything but make my night better.” Onew answered.

 

“Well what do you wanna do, birthday boy?”

 

Onew smiled and walked over to the couch in his living room, propping his feet up onto the coffee table (which was loaded with all types of junk food). He leaned to the right and picked up several DVDs, flipping through them as if to find which one sparked his interest. He finally stopped at a DVD, got up, popped it into the DVD player and looked towards Ary. “Watch a Korean drama with me?”

 

“Ooooo Korean dramas….I heard they were good.” She took a seat right next to him and took up an interesting piece of Korean candy from the table.

Onew casually threw an arm around her and pulled her into his chest while he munched on Doritos. “Sorry…subtitles are the only English option. I wish mom had gotten the dubbed version, but she doesn’t like too much English in the house.”

Ary snickered and on the treat. “Subs are cool, Onew. I’m a pro at reading them, considering that I used to watch Spanish movies a lot.”

“Ohh, I see. My girl is international.”

“Yup. From the womb to the tomb.”

 

The drama finally started after all of the previews and Ary chuckled at the title. “200-pounds Beauty? What is this?”

 

“It’s really cute,” Onew responded. “Pretty much this is about a girl who is presumed to be fat and ugly until getting platic surgey, which drastically changes her life. I don’t wanna give away too much of the plot.” He grinned and chomped on another Dorito.

 

“Hmm.” Ary hummed. Onew felt her press her head aginst his chest and he smiled inwardly, enjoying her warmth.

 

 

110 minutes into the movie, Onew stopped feeling Ary move. “Ary?” he asked in a low tone of voice.

“Hmm?” She answered back. She sounded fully alert.

“Are you sleeping on me?”

“No. I’m just relaxed, I guess.”

“Oh.”

“This movie is interesting. She went through all of that for that guy, and then when he starts liking her, she just rejects him.”

Onew nodded. “Mmm. Yeah. But I like her self journey. She realizes that beauty can get to one’s head and that real beauty come from the love of others, but more importantly one’s self.”

 

The credits appeared on the screen and Onew shifted causing Ary to sit up and let him take out the tape.

 

“That drama was cute. Super cute.” Ary smiled and stretched.

“Yeah. It’s one of my favorites. I feel like I can realte to Hanna in a weird type of way.”

“How?”

“I dunno. Maybe because it took her ruining her life and relationships to realize that what she had all along was special. Sometimes, I think I need a wake up call.”

 

Ary chuckled. “I think we all do, babe.”

 

Onew flushed at the pet name. “Babe.” When has he ever thought of himself as someone’s “babe”? He couldn’t even see it. But coming from her mouth…it was hot. It turned him on. He liked it. He could see it.

 

“Do you have anymore piano songs to play?”

 

“Not for the moment, I don’t.”

“Hmmph.” Ary pouted. “I like your piano music.”

“Yeah well they’re all gone for now. I asked my mom to get them laminated and she still hasn’t returned them. I don’t know the songs by heart yet.”

“Aww that .”

“Yeah.” Onew got up from the couch and held his hand out towards Ary.

“I wanna show you my room,” he told her, smiling.

“Really? And what are we gonna do up there?” Ary smirked.

“Nothing you aren’t comfortabe with. Let’s go.”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Up to Jinki's room you go~ ^_^

Hi to my new subbies~!!! And I see all of you silent readerss....don't be afraid to leave a comment!! 

I mean to update much earlier but I'm in California right now and I'm just having the time of my life enjoying the warm weather....

Enjoy this update!

Subscribe, Upvote, Comment!!!