Chapter 6

The Name I Loved

Ary’s heart beat against her chest as she stifly sat inbetween the two boys. She didn’t move much, and was careful of every action she made. For some extremely weird reason, she thought that Onew’s friends would be black—not that she had a problem with it, she just thought that it’d be cool of him to…you know...warn her.

Throughout Onew’s teaching’s, Ary had been ignoring him a couple of times. Her eyes wandered from the pen that Onew held in his hand to the other guys at his table. There was a tall skinny looking dude who sat right across from her, head covered in thick brown hair and large eyes (kind of like a frog?) with rose pink lips who introduced himself as Minho. He stared in every other direction but hers, possibly afraid to make eye contact. Then there was another guy, who had sandy brown hair that was full and flared out on his head and sat right next to the frog–looking one whose name was Kibum, but was preferred to be called “Key”. With a leather jacket wrapped around his frame and flawless skin, he had the aurora of a model. He looked diva-ish in a way, or maybe just gay. Then there was another one who sat on the other side of Ary with his head on the table most of the time, just nibbling on his apple and speaking his native language to the other boys who would only nod or smile in response. He didn’t speak to her, so Onew introduced him as Taemin. He was very skinny, and had auburn-colored hair with a perfect indent on the top of his head which his hair made that looked as if a mint or an apple leaf would have belonged. He seemed to be the most innocent of the rest and was probably the youngest of them all.

Then there was Jonghyun. He was a little bit active in the lessons Onew was giving Ary, jumping in a few times to correct her pronounciation and saying a few unrecognizable words to Onew, in which he responded “Neh” to a lot (as if she knew what that meant!?)

She still remebered the look on their faces when she sat herself down at their table. It wasn’t a look of disgust, just of curiosity.

A curiousity that said “what are you doing here?”

 

Onew sat to the right of Ary and had his lunch moved to the side with a pen and paper out infront of him lined with Korean charaters scribbled on the sides. He took the tip of his pen and pointed to a character.

“This is the last character. It’s a vowel. It says, ‘ah.’” He wrote characters on the page.

“This says annyeonghaseyo. It means ‘hello’.”

“Annyeonghaseyo…..” Ary let the word simmer on her tongue. It felt weird; she sounded different when ever she spoke another language. Spanish, French…and now Korean.

“Nice!” Onew grinned towards her, then glanced over at Jonghyun who smiled awkwardly.

“I think that’s enough teaching for today.” He closed his note book and  placed the pens back to in his backpack. “You’re learning very fast.”

“Thank you.” Ary flushed, feeling the eyes of the other boys on her.

Awkward silence consumed their table, but the jumbled sounds of laughter and casual talk echoing around the cafeteria helped to calm their tension.

 

After school, while she was waiting for her ride, Ary was roughly met by and angry punch in the arm.

“OW!” she spun around and found a furious Aleah with her lips scrunched and her arms crossed.

Ary huffed. “What’s wrong with you!? That hurt!”

“Where were you 5th hour? I was looking all over for you! I had to sit with a bunch of nerds today! They kept asking me about anime and Yugioh cards!”

Ary mentally gasped. She forgot to tell Aleah about her little language session with Onew.

“Oh, I forgot…sorry.” She didn’t see how it would matter to tell Aleah about her session with him. From how it went, she didn’t think she’d want to continue it again….or see him again.

“You’re telling me you forgot to come sit with me at lunch? Where did you sit?”

Ary conjured up a lie. “I didn’t go to lunch today. I wanted to just…get to know my English teacher a bit more.”

Aleah sighed.

“Oh. Well, I’m coming over your house today. My mom’s not home and she doesn’t trust me alone.”

 Ary was surprised at how easily Aleah recived her lie. “Okay, I’ll tell mom as soon as she pulls up.”

Aleah stood next to Ary until her mom pulled up and in a flash they were already down the street.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes! Another chapter is up. Apologies, I know it is so very short >_<. Thank you all for your wonderful comments, I really appreciate them. It lets me know you're all interested that I can continue to post :D

 

Subscribe, Upvote, Comment!!!