Chapter 17

The Name I Loved

Onew's POV

New Year’s Eve at Minho’s house was always Onew’s favorite part of Christmas break. Minho’s parents always threw a big party and invited all of their friends and let Minho invite whoever he wanted. Of course, his choice would always be his immeadiate friend group.

 

The guys were upstairs in Minho’s bedroom playing a game of truth or dare suggested by the youngest, Taemin.

 

“Okay hyung, your turn!” Taemin asked excitedly. “Truth or dare?”

Jonghyun his teeth. “Dare.”

Taemin smirked. “I dare you to sing everything you say for the next five minutes.”

Reluctantly, two of the five guys found his dare amusing and laughed.

 

“This game is so dry,” Jonghyun said.

 

Taemin pushed him. “Hey! You have to sing it!”

 

“If I sing, you die.” Jonghyun told Taemin in their native language. Taemin growled and kept his mouth shut.

 

“My turn,” Minho announced. “I chooseeee….” He looked to his left and saw Onew on his phone smiling. Perfect target!

 

“Onew-hyung. Truth or dare?”

 

“Truth,” Onew repsonded. “I’ve had it with you guys’ ty dares.”

 

“Okayyyyy…..” Minho said and a smile slowly began to dominate himself. “Do you have…a special someone?”

 

Onew groaned. “I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

 

Key puffed. “Oh come ONNN Onew-hyung! You haven’t been acting like yourself and we’ve noticed! It’s almost a new year, so let’s agree, no more secrets!”

 

Onew rubbed the back of his neck. He wasn’t really mentally prepared to tell this group of Koreans about his non-Korean girlfriend. He knew that they’d be alright with it, he just didn’t want to be wrong.

 

If I tell them now, he thought to himself, I can spend more time with Ary later.

 

Onew ran his fingers through his hair and squeezed his eyes shut. Here goes…

 

“Okay guys. But—”

 

The other guys instantly cut Onew off to release unearthly screams of delight and surprise. Onew flinched at the overwhelming sound of fanboys and covered his ears.

 

“Man, can you guys pLEASE!?”

 

The fanboys calmed at the sound of the elder’s voice and instantly his heart picked up the pace.

“Okay,” Onew started, “do you guys remember a girl that hung out at our lunch table?”

 

“Reina?” Minho answered.

“No.”

“Lao?” Jonghyun added.

“No, the girl isn’t Asian.”

Key put a finger to his lip. “Sooyung?”

“She’s not Asian, Key!”

“Oh,” Taemin blurted. “The black girl! Right?”

“Yeah.”

 

The boys nodded, but said nothing. Onew raised an eyebrow.

 

“What about her?” Minho asked.

“I’m dating her.”

Their faces were unchanged. Onew felt the awkwardness start to set in.

Jonghyun shifted his sitting position and rested his locked fingers over his knees. “That’s cool, I guess.”

“You guess?”

 

“It’s a new age, hyung.” Minho responded. He gave a small, reassuring smile.

Key touched Onew’s shoulder. “You can experiment. Nothing wrong with that!”

Onew beamed. However, that was unitl Taemin acknowledged the elephant in the room.

 

“But what about MinYong noona?”

 

Aish. Leave it to Taemin to make an atmosphere go from zero to one hundred.

 

Jonghyun hit him and turned to Onew. “Don’t worry about MinYong. We’re happy for you, hyung.”

The others agreed and Onew felt slightly reassured.

Silence consumed the room.

“So,” Minho said softly, “how about that game of truth or dare?”

Key smacked his lips. “I never really wanted to play that game.”

“We can easily play something else,” Jonghyun suggested. “Any body know anything?”

“Monopoly?”

“Nah….”

“Why not!?”

“It’s lame, Minho!”

 

All while the guys searched for another form of entertinment, Onew sat in quiet thinking about what the guys  just said.

 

It went better than he thought it would go! He really felt good about everything.

 

He casually glanced out the window and saw something bright in the sky. He smiled to himself, feeling his hope grow stronger than before.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WOOOT ANOTHER CHPTER!!!!

It's really snowing hard over here, im so cold! >.< it's not even December yet, wtf??

Okay so this chapter is kinda like "the calm before the storm" if you didn't already kinda take a guess...

Next update will be coming soon!

Subscrobe, Upvote, Comment!!!