Chapter 18

The Name I Loved

Onew opened his locker and packed all of the books that he had taken home for Christmas break back in their rightful place. For some reson, he felt happy to be back in school; maybe it was because his love life seemed balanced. Now that Ary was comfortable with him and his friends were more than accepting of his relationship, he felt like he could finally just…be him. That was all he wanted, anyway.

 

As the school began to fill with more students, he heard more and more conversations about how excited the seniors were that their graduation year had finally come. He heard a few girls who applied for early decision rant about their defferal or brag about their acceptance. He saw seniors from a distance decorating their locker with schoool colors and their graduation year. All this hype, he thought, and it’s only January. He stood there, watching the kids decorate their lockers until he felt arms wrap themselves around his waist and gently squeeze. He smelled the familiar aroma and soon enough his heart began beating.

“Ary?”

“Hi Onew.” He pressed her cheek against his back. “You’re very distracted this morning.”

Onew turned to her and smirked. “Am I?” He asked before grabbing her hips and kissing her. Ary his him and pushed him away.

Yah! Wae!?”

“Sorry,” she giggled. “I still dislike PDA.”

“Aish…” Onew groaned, snaking his hands back around her, “we can do this now, everyone important knows about us…why pull away?”

 

“We can do it in private when we have time, sweetie.” Ary ruffled his hair and he couldn’t help but smile. “Arg…alright. Did you start turning in applications?”

“Yeah. My top choices aren’t due until February, though.” Ary relaxed herself against Onew locker.

“Ahhh yes, you’ve told me. I’m sorry.”

“It’s fine, Onew.”

 

The two stood staring at eachother for a while until Ary took a hand and ran it through Onew’s hair, him smiling and closing his eyes in response.

 

“OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! I SEE Y’ALL!”

 

Shocked, Onew opened his eyes and saw a tall black female walking over to Ary and him.

 

“Gosh, Aleah!” Ary yelled. Onew could see a tint of red on her cheeks. Remebering the girl Onew smiled and waved. “Hi! You must be Ary’s friend!”

 

Aleah’s eyes widened and she ran over to Onew, her heels clicking with every stomp. “AGHHH! You’re  Onew, aren’t you!?”

Giggling, Onew responed: “Yeah, I am.”

Aleah squealed and shook Ary by the shoulders, making Onew laugh. “OKAY ARY!!!!! YOU GOTCHU ONE!!!!!”

Ary yelled a frantic “what!?” and Onew just couldn’t stop laughing at this girl’s enthusiasm.

“I’ve gotta come up with a ship name for you two…let’s see…how about…Ar-new!”

“GROSS!!” Ary shouted. “We don even need a ship name!”

“Yeah, you’re right that sounds nasty…how about…On-ry!”

“God Aleah, just NO!”

“Hey,” Onew in between giggles, “I’m also called ‘Jinki’ if that helps any!”

“Onew, don’t encourgage her!”

Aleah gasped. “Really!? Ary’s childhood nickname was ri-ri! OH! I’ve got it! JINKIRI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

Onew broke into a fit of giggles at the name. “I like it! It’s so creative, haha!” Meanwhile, Ary facepalmed herself and muttered, “Oh God…”

“Really!? Thanks! It’s a grat thing I found you two. You guys going anywhere after school?”

Onew nodded. “I was thinking of taking her to the music shop after a while.” He pulled Ary in close to him and Ary took that opportunity to hide her face.

“Awww, really? That’s sweet of you.” Aleah leaned in to the couple and quietly asked, “You two gonna pick out some wedding songs?”

“ALEAH!” Ary’s muffled scream could be heard coming from Onew’s chest and the two laughed it all out.

“Okay, okay, I’m sorry for bothering you!! TTYL!”

“See ya later Aleah!” Onew waved.

“Aw, you remebered my name! Ary, you’ve got yourself a keeper! Keep him happy girl, in the streets and the sheets!”

That line made Onew crack up and he nearly fell over both laughing and supporting Ary’s weight. Ary released herself from Onew’s grip and pinched her nosebridge. Onew turned to her. “I like her! She’s funny!”

A smile slowly spread across Ary’s face and she reposnded: “Yeah I guess she is. But try dealing with her for 8 years.”

 

The warning bell rang and the two sghed and reluctantly split to go to their 1st hour class. As Onew turned the corner, he spotted MinYong painting her nails by the window sill. She noticed him an he waved, but she didn’t wave back. Instead, she faintly smiled, took her nail polish and moved making Onew a bit confused.

 

What was that all about?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note:

For anyone who doesn't know:

Yah!: "Hey!"

Wae: "Why?"

 

SHORT UPDATE!!! I took a break from my computer for a while so the December update was skipped--SORRY! I'll be updating regularly ffrom now on, unless something comes up, which I'll let you know in the story's feed. Thanks for reading and see ya next month!!!