Chapter 15

The Name I Loved

The pair made their way up the stairs and down a short but beautiful hall where traditional Korean paintings hung. They turned into a small, cozy area. Upon walking in, the sun could be seen shinning its light right past the partially open white blinds and giving the room an iluminating glow. There was a flat screen TV mounted onto the wall and right under it sat a dresser where Onew kept his clothing. Instead of a bed and boxspring, Onew had a grey platform that slighty but comfortably kept his bed inches from the floor. A mattress sat ontop of it covered in tan sheets and a thick, soft-looking navy blue blanket.

 

Naturally, Onew stepped into his room and plopped down onto his bed and the TV, soon giving Ary a look that said “coming?” as she stood in the doorway.

 

Ary came in and carefully sat on Onew’s bed. “This is surprisingly comfortble,” Ary admitted.

Onew smirked. “Is it not supposed to be?”

“Nah, I just thought that maybe…”

Ary’s voice trailed off when Onew wrapped both hands around her waist and pulled himself into her lap. After seconds of silence, Onew looked up at Ary who was giving him a raised eyebrow.

“What? I never get to do this with you.”

“You look like a baby! It’s weird...”

“But it feels nice…”

Ary giggled and let him stay, placing a hand in his hair and took one before sighing in delight.

Onew flushed at her sudden ual sigh. “W-what’s wrong?”

“Your hair—It’s the softest thing I’ve ever laid my hand on.” She gently it once more.

 

“Really?” Personally, Onew thought his hair felt like hay compared to other people he knew. Minho’s hair was the softest he’d touched in his lifetime and he used to strive to have his hair be as soft as his.

“What do you do to it?” Ary asked while gently tugging on some strands behind his ears.

Onew enjoyed the tingling feeling he got when she ran her fingers and shut his eyes. “I just wash and brush it a lot.”

 

“Mm.” Ary responded and kept running her hands through the silk strands.

“Isn’t your hair soft?” Onew asked.

“Me? On occasion. The hair struggle for a black girl is one for the history books.”

“Can I touch it?”

Ary paused thinking for a moment. Her hair was pressed, however it felt like straw in the winter.

“Go ahead.”

Onew sat up and stood on his knees, caressing her dark strands. “It feels like ironed wool,” he responded.

Ary laughed. “Is that a good thing?”

“Yes. It’s different. I like it. What does my hair feel like?”

“Silk.”

“Is that a good thing?”

“Well….”

Onew stopped with his mouth in an agape smile. “What!?”

Ary giggled and sat in her place until Onew tackled her down onto the bed, pinning her arms down and straddling her.

“Why didn’t you answer me!?”

“Onew!” Ary laughed, “Speak English!”

Onew shook his head and without any more words, leaned down to kiss her. The kiss lasted longer than he intended and before he knew it, they rolled over and Ary was straddling him, deepening the kiss.

 

They released for air and looked into eachother’s eyes, words playing no role in their feelings for a while before going back to their kiss and rolling over until Ary was back underneath Onew.

“If I didn’t know any better, I’d ask you to make love to me right here, Onew.” Ary said inbetween kisses.

“I couldn’t do that,” Onew answered, beginning to trail kisses across her cheek. “You aren’t legal.”

“I will be, “ Ary breathed. “My birthday is a week after yours.”

“The 21st?” Onew asked, gently biting her neck.

“Mmhmm…”

 

Onew nibbled at her neck in all different areas until he decided to go down and hit an area that made Ary inhale sharply and grab the back of his head. Enjoying the response from her, he and bit at it, doing whatever his instincts told him to.

Just before he Onew was about to remove Ary’s top, the door bell rang. What the hell? Onew thought to himself.

Onew lifted himself off of Ary and told her he’d be right back. What a great way to ruin the moment, Onew thought. Surely they won’t continue their make out session when he comes back.

Assuming it was his friends at the door, Onew angrily swung it open. “Guys!...Oh…”

 

“Hi oppa.”

 

MinYong used her elbow to wave since she was supporting a small cake with both hands and three bags hanging from her arm. “Happy birthday!” She sang with a smile in her native language. She extended her arms out in ofference.

Onew mentally sighed. He knew the guys had something to do with this. MinYong, I don’t feel comfortable taking these...”

“Oppa, don’t be silly! I got these just for you! If you don’t take them, I won’t be happy.”

 

Onew exhaled, taking the cake from MinYong along with a tiny bag and bowing to her. MinYong smiled, then gasped.

“Oh! Oppa! You’re so red! What happened?”

Onew felt his face and noticed that it was hot. He must’ve been blushing while touching Ary. He never felt a girl up like that before.

“I...nothing. Nothing happened. I’m fine. I’ll put a cool towel on my face or something. Thanks for the gifts.” Smiling, he proceeded to shut the door until MinYong stopped it.

“Wait! Do you want me to help?”

“No thank you, MinYong. I got it.”

“Are you sure? It seems like you are here alone. It must be lonely spending your 18th birthday by yourself. Let me come in and keep you company.” MinYong pushed the door open and walked in, taking a good long look at his home. “Your house is really nice, oppa.”

“MinYong please, I would really like to be alone for my birthday. Isolation makes me happy.”

MinYong giggled. “Since when? Last time I checked, you didn’t like being alone…” She placed her hands on his shoulders.

“MinYong, what are you doing?”

“I’m just trying to get you to relax, oppa. You’re so tense.”

“MinYong, get off me! Please, just leave.”

“Oppa! Why are you being like this?

“I want to be alone!”

“And I want to be with yo—” MinYong paused immeadietly and stared at the stairway.

Onew looked too, and spotted Ary staring just as hard back at MinYong.

“What’s she doing here!?” MinYong angrily asked Onew in Korean.

 

Onew was at a loss for words now and just stayed silent, looking towards Ary who had her arms crossed still staring MinYong down like a hawk. Why does she look so angry?

 

“MinYong, what are you doing here? Onew invited you over or something?” Ary asked, arms still crossed.

 

MinYong’s rapid mood change came as a shock to Onew and he saw her smiling and acting with such innocence.“I came to drop off a few gifts for his birthday. I see you two are here alone.” She wiggled her eyebrows.

 

“Don’t you worry your pretty little head,” Ary said with a slight sarcastic grin. “There’s not much going on here.”

 

MinYong nodded. “Ah, yes. Good. I’ll be on my way now, sorry for disturbing you guys.”

 

And just like that, she left.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Daaaaaaaaaamn MinYong came just before Ary and Onew were about to get it on smh.

You guys's comments are really great and keeping me happy! Thanks guys :DD

Next chapter will be up sooner than you think!

Subscribe, Upvote, Comment!!!