Chapter 10

The Name I Loved

Ary's POV

Lying in bed was a usualy habit for this 17 year old. Whether it be sleeping, doing homework, watching TV, texting, eating—it was always done in her bed (that she kept very neat to do these activites). However, she wasn’t doing any of those. She was just thinking.

About Onew.

She never felt so weird. This was a guy. An Asian guy. Who was just as crazy for her as she was for him. She didn’t think to much about dating outside of her race. Actually, she never thought about dating at all. Sure, some guys caught her eyes here and there, but the actual thought of getting together never crossed her mind.

 

Pshh. Probably school caused me to become so lonely. She laughed at herself.

Buzz.Buzz

 

Her phone went off.

Expecting it to be Onew, she excitedly reached over and unlocked it. To her surprise, it was Aleah.

 

Hey Bud. Wanna come over tomorrow?

 

Ary rolled her eyes and texted:

 

Didn’t u already ask me that? And didn’t I already tell u I had something planned?

 

She sent the message and Aleah texted back in a flash.

 

Oh yeah. Srry. And since when have you had anything to do on Saturdays? Who aren’t you telling me about!?

 

As always, Ary got tired of texting and called Aleah.

“Ugh. Can’t you just text like a normal person!?”

“Nope! And I’m not hiding anything from you. I really have important matters to attend to.”

Wow. Since when has she become a liar?

“Oh really…then can I join you in whatever you’re doing?”

“Of course you can’t. This is a family thing.”

Woah look, another one….

“Ohhhh so now your family is too good for me. Last time I checked, you said we were sisters.”

“And I still mean that. But it’s a family-only thing.”

“So like…the death of a relative type stuff?”

“Yeah.”

All these lies….

“Oh. Okay then. Sorry I assumed.”

“No problem, girl. I gotta get ready for tomorrow. Call you back when I get the chance.”

“Sure.”

She hung up.

 

Ary didn’t think she could spit out lies like that so fluently, but…well maybe she was wrong. Though she was proud of her skill, she hated keeping things from her best friend. God and her guilt will probably kill her later.

 

But for now, she needed this.

 

 

Saturday came sooner than expected and just liked she promised, she went to meet Onew by the school.

Surprisingly, he wasn’t there like she expected him to be, and to avoid being awkward or suspicious, she chose a random pillar to hide behind.

 

“Ary? Oh sorry, I’m over here.”

 

Ary turned her head and saw onew, dresssed in casual wear, but still looking fine as hell. “Hey,” she chirped and left the saftey of her pillar to be reunited with her boyfriend. Onew put one hand in his pocket and smirked.

 

“You look lovely.”

 

Ary smacked her lips. She wasn’t wearing anything speacial—a grey sweater that was sort of oversized, but looked cute—a white shirt that peeked from under her grey sweater and covered the top of her thighs, and black leggings that contoured over the curvacious shape of her legs, bottomed off with cream-colored flats.

 

She looked at herself and flushed. “Oh, uhh...thanks. This isn’t much though, haha. I don’t even think it matches. I’m not much of a fashionista…”

 

Onew smiled at her again. “Doesn’t matter. You look great.” He took her hand and began to lead her to the sidewalk.

 

Since Ary had no idea where they were going, she kept her eyes fixed on their surroundings, trying to see if she could atleast get an idea of where he was taking her. They were walking straight for some time until he turned a corner and they entered a sidewalk path covered in maples trees whose leaves were yellow-ing and red-ing due to the change in weather.

Onew stopped mid-way through the scenery and turned to her.

 

“We’re here.”

 

Ary scanned the area.

Nothing but beautifully colored trees and sidewalk with a few benches near by.

Nothing interesting was here.

 

Ary furred her eyebrows. “Where exactly are we?”

 

Onew smiled. “Sit with me.”

 

The couple sat on a nearby bench under a colossal red and orange leaf-colored maple tree with two street lights on either side of it. The wind gave an unexpected chilly blow causing Ary to shiver, prompting Onew to toss an arm around her shoulder and pull her close.

“Is this too much?” he asked in a soft tone of voice into her ear.

She could smell his hair. God, he smells lovely.

 

“No, you’re fine.” Ary felt her cheeks burn. His warmth was unbelievable. It was like he was his own heater.

“Great. Now that we are here, there is some thing I want to point out to you.” He pointed to a tree not to far from them. “See that tree?”

Ary nodded. “Yeah.”

“That’s my everything tree.”

“Your what?”

Onew relaxed into the bench. “My everything tree. When I was little, I used to come here with my mom and she’d tell me stroies about how trees could give more than oxygen and shade to people. She used to tell me that if you grew a tree and loved it just enough, it could give you whatever you ask. So I took some seeds from my neighbors yard…and I came here…and I planted them…and up came that tree.”

Ary’s mouth opened in awe and she glanced at the tree. It was a beautifully grown red maple with strong healthy leaves, beautiful organic thick roots and a mature stature. It towered over her when she got up to get a closer look with Onew following closely behind her.

 

“It didn’t take me long to realize that the story my mom told me was a myth. I tried my best to take care of this tree and as strong as it grew, it never gave me what I asked for. Even after it was fully grown.  However, lots of memories flood my mind when I come here. My best memories. And I want you to be apart of them.”

 

Ary could hardly believe what Onew was saying. They had rarely gotten a chance to see eachother due to her fear of everyone elses opinons. This was their first real date and already he put so much meaning into it. She wished he wouldn’t always be an open book, only because she had so little to share with him in return. In the mean time, all she could give him was her time.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WOOO another chapter up!!!!

I didn't get comments on this story for a while so i held back on updates :( sorry for those who were honestly waiting.

Subscribe, Upvote, Comment!!!