Chapter 32

The Exiled Ice Princess

Although the two delivered the same lines and with the same intensity of emotions, 

but the two held different meanings in their hearts.

Taeyeon doesn’t want, and just realized that she will never want, to say her goodbye to Jessica.

But sad to say, Jessica is still rooted in her initial decision to finally bid her farewell to Taeyeon.

 

All the lights were now , the loud and proud cheers of their audience are starting to fade.

Jessica, with her firm decision, wiped the overflowing tears from her exhausted eyes,

turned her heels toward the stage’s exit, without giving even just a glimpse to the still overwhelmed Taeyeon.

Another tear escaped from Taeyeon’s eyes when she realized what Jessica is about to do.

She swiftly grabbed her arm and turned Jessica back to face her.

 

   “Sica...”

Taeyeon only managed to say her love’s name.

But her true message was being delivered by her sincere tear-filled eyes.

She doesn’t want Jessica to leave. She  believed that she might never see her again if she let her go now.

 

   “Let go, Taeyeon.”

Jessica meekly said to the lady in blue dress. But Taeyeon only stared at her, not hinting to

follow her instruction. She wanted to run into her dressing room. She wanted to be alone.

She wanted to hug herself, and curse herself for being so weak.

But Taeyeon prevented her from doing all that.

Jessica couldn’t contain her feels any longer.

 

    “Why did you do that huh?”

The lady in purple asked Taeyeon. Another set of tears are now threatening to fall down.

This direct and serious question got Taeyeon confused.

 

    “Huh? We just sang--” her answer was cut short when Jessica interrupted her.

    “You know that’s not what I mean.”

Jessica firmly stated while placing her free palm to the hand of Taeyeon that

 is resting in her arm. Taeyeon felt the warm touch of the ice princess.

And right at that moment, it was as if Jessica’s touch triggered her neurons to send signals

down to her brain, she realized what Jessica meant.

Jessica then pulled Taeyeon’s hand from her arm, awaking Taeyeon on the process.

 

    “Uhm Sica.. I know that it was selfish of me to do that to you..”

    “So selfish indeed.” Jessica remarked with a smirk. Even still, she continued her reasoning.

    “..But I had to do that. Right after you signed contracts with your investors, I knew that our agency

       would just rip you off and force you to cut them some share on your business.

       They may even destroy you. I had to let you go. To protect you. The only thing I think

     I did wrong was when I hastily removed you from our group. It was so sudden. And on top of that,

     I wasn’t or the group wasn’t able to give you a formal goodbye. I am so sorry Sica. I deeply am.”

Taeyeon’s two palms then covered her own face. Then she broke down.

Tear after tear fell, tracing sadly down her now pale skin. Soft sobs were also emerging one after another.

 

The sight of the crying Taeyeon is foreign in Jessica’s eyes. This is her first time seeing the deeply

sorry and vulnerable Kim Taeyeon. Taeyeon was full of smiles, a happy kid, a well composed and a

very talented individual, and more importantly, a strong and a tough leader, as far as she could remember.

But Taeyeon’s state in front of her right now says otherwise. Looking straight through Taeyeon’s put up mask,

Jessica was finally able to see the real Taeyeon. A kid that is full of worries.

A kid that has, in reality, a very soft and fragile heart. This foreign and newly discovered side of

Taeyeon slowly melted the ice covering the princess’s heart bits by bits.

Her heart aches just by seeing this side of the lady in blue.

 

It was then Jessica’s turn to let her own crystal tears fall down.

She reached both her palms, placed it on top of Taeyeon’s, then caressed the back

of Taeyeon’s hands using her thumbs, hoping to comfort her kid leader.

Taeyeon’s sobs were now audible to Jessica’s ears. The waves brought by her sobs ring sadness

to Jessica’s eardrums. Aiming to stop her sobs, Jessica took a step forward, detached her hands

from Taeyeon’s hands and replaced them on the lady’s fit figure, wrapping the fragile girl in

her warm and comforting embrace. Jessica then leaned in and touched her cheeks to the

exposed cheeks of Taeyeon, placing her lips near the girl’s ear on the process.

      “Ssshhh...Taengoo-ah. Ssshhh..”

 

Jessica’s endearment caused the blocks from Taeyeon’s heart fall bits by bits.

She didn’t deserve for such calling from Jessica’s precious lips but she managed to hear it.

This made her broke down even more. The palms that she used to cover her face fell down

and then made their way through the figure in front, wrapping it for a tight hug.

Jessica’s forgiving heart even made Taeyeon guiltier than ever.

 

      “I was so scared back then, Sica-ah. They might hurt you. I couldn’t think of anything

          else other than letting you go.” Taeyeon’s sincere words got Jessica’s full attention.

Jessica pulled herself from the hug, placed both her hands on Taeyeon’s shoulder,

 and stared directly into her puffy eyes.

     “You could’ve told me first before making a decision that big, Taeyeon-ah. You removed

        my right to decide for myself. To decide for what’s better for myself and for the group.

       Who knows, I may have handled the situation better. None of this would’ve happened.

        Even if you were our leader, it doesn’t give you the right to interfere and try to control

       everything, Taeyeon-ah. I was the one who decided to follow my dreams,

       why would you mind all the consequences as if they were yours?”

 

Jessica’s rational question mixed with her heartfelt stare got Taeyeon’s heart beat silenced down.

Jessica was right. She should’ve talked to her first, instead of acting like a know-it-all.

She should’ve confided to Jessica first before anything else. Heck, she even convinced the

other girls to let Jessica go even though it’s clear that their hearts were against it.

She was stubborn back then, and she just realized it now.

 

     “..Because I loved you? Haha”  Taeyeon bitterly chuckled while placing her right hand on her temple.

    “..Oh gosh, I only considered my own thoughts and feelings before without knowing what

        you and everyone else felt. Wow, I am such a mess. A selfish bastard, to be more accurate.

        I even caused pain to the other girls, and to you.”

Taeyeon fisted her left hand and started to throw light punches on her chest.

      “..None of this would have happened if I just talked to you. Arrgh Kim Taeyeon!”

Taeyeon scolded herself for being such a mess. Her punches were now heavier than earlier.

 

Taeyeon’s actions got Jessica worried for her. She understands the misery and the guilt

that are fastly building inside Taeyeon. She once had those, but more of the misery though than the guilt.

Jessica touched Taeyeon’s rebelling fist to stop it from hurting its owner.

Jessica treasures Taeyeon so much that she cannot afford seeing Taeyon hurting herself.

What can she do? She’s fallen for the lady dressed beautifully in blue already.

 

     “Stop it, Taeyeon-ah. You are hurting yourself.” Her free palm then rested to Taeyeon’s cheek, 

wiping the flowing tears dry.

     “I’m just glad that I already have expressed to you my concerns and feels regarding the matter.

      And I’m really thankful that you have managed to clear the hazy cloud that’s been

     suffocating my entire consciousness for a while now Taeng. I thank you for that Kim Taeyeon.”

 

Jessica once again wrapped Taeyeon in her warm embrace.

Now effectively soothing the greatly tensed Taeyeon.

        “I’m really really really sorry Sica-ah. I hope you can still find it in your heart to forgive me. I’m really sorry.”

Tears continued to stream down Taeyeon’s tired face.

     “Yah! Stop it Taeyeon-ah. I get it now. Don’t worry, okay? I just realized that I still have

        plenty of rooms of forgiveness to spare. Okay dear? So stop saying sorry now huh?”

 

Jessica then brushed her lips to the pale cheek of Taeyeon, without breaking their warm hug,

causing a hue of pink to form in Tae’s cheeks. In return, and also to her blush,

Taeyeon hugged Jessica even more tightly, and whispered lovingly,

     “Thank You, Sica-ah.”

 

The sight of the two ladies wrapped in a tight hug in front made every person in the stadium applaud.

Although they weren’t sure of what just happened, they have managed to deduce,

from what they have witnessed, that the two beautiful ladies in front now found peace

and serenity in their turmoiled hearts.

 

The applause got even more louder when Kris and Luhan thanked the two great performers of the night.

 

Kris:      Wow, that was the most amazing performance that I have witnessed in my entire life.

Luhan:   Such a breathtaking performance from the queens of Kpop. They are not called queens for nothing.

Kris:      So everyone, let us all give another big round of applause to the leader of the

            number 1 girl group in Korea, Miss Kim Taeyeon, and to her duet partner, the respectable

            CEO of Blanc and Eclaire as well as the CEO of Twins Company, the one and only, Miss Jessica Jung!”

 

Although shocked from the revelation that Jessica is the mysterious CEO of the Twins Company,

the audience, the staff, and all the people inside the stadium clapped and cheered with all their

hearts to the two girls in front of them. They gave such a powerful performance for the event,

they truly deserved it. And they surely believe that it will be written down as one of the most

unforgettable performances throughout the history of KPOP.

 

Taeyeon could only smile from the newly revealed information.

She’s her Jung Sooyeon after all. There’s nothing she can’t do.