Chapter 28

The Exiled Ice Princess

 

Taeyeon-ssi, can you come to my office right now? I have something to discuss with you.

 

I was in the middle of my reverie when our CEO called me. He hasn’t contacted me since 

my solo debut, although it was not that successful but still, so I figured that our deal is 

now finished and both sides are in good terms. 

 

While masterfully maneuvering the car on my way to the building, our CEO’s sudden call got me curious. 

    Maybe he’ll scold me for not practicing? Psssh It can’t be, I was only gone for 3 days. Naaah I’m good.

  Hmmm Thinking about it, those 3 days were just spent unproductively inside my house.

 Drinking, eating, sleeping, crying.....tss why did she have to be with her in the tower?

 Are they on a date? Haaaa...I was really unlucky on that day. I was wrongly accused

 of having bad manners, my songs didn’t top the charts, then there she was, 

hanging with Yuri. Eeeesshh.

 

“Good afternoon Taeyeon sunbae-nim....” “Hi Unnie..” “Hi Noona..”

As I approached the lobby of the building, the crowd full of trainees, juniors, and staff 

greeted me respectfully with a matching bow. Aigoo I must be old now. In return, I 

bowed and smiled to them and then went straight to the CEO’s office. 

 

“Hi Taeyeon-ssi. I’m glad to see you. Please sit down.” 

Wow, he’s unbelievably calm and well-mannered today.

 

“Hi Mr. CEO. It’s nice to see you too. Why do you want to see me?” 

Let’s just cut to the chase please. I still have a broken heart to mend.

 Looking at you like this makes my condition worse.

 

“Oh yes dear. I want to discuss with you something, and please accept it and be understanding.”

 He said to me, looking more dominant and in control.

 

“Why? What is it?” Something is not right. Maybe he’s just paranoid. Hihi

 

“Well, probably the idea is not new to you, we had a deal, right?”

 

“Yes, and I believe I did my part already. We’re even now, am I right?”

 

“Oh no, dear. You haven’t fulfilled your part yet. To freshen up your memory: you said that 

    you’ll stabilize back the stock price of our company over the loss we had encountered 

    due to Jessica’s departure. Also, you said that you’ll improve it too. You remember it now?”

His staring at me like I’m a lost child. I just hate this guy.

 

“Yes, I do remember it. And the problem is? I believe I sold a lot of copies of my album, 

    even my fan base expanded. So obviously, the stocks went up.”

What is the problem of this guy? Psshh

 

“Yes, and I congratulate you for that. However, it wasn’t enough. It didn’t reach the

       heights of our expectations, admit it.”

Unfortunately, I agree with him. Another set of aches are now resurfacing in my heart.

I only nodded, accepting defeat, shamed.

 

“Good. So we both acknowledge that you are still in debt with me. 

      And for that matter, I have a way for you to get it over with.”

 

My eyes lit up at the opportunity. I just hope that this alternative is decent and effective.

 

“Really Mr. CEO? Wow, thank you so much. What is it?”

 

“Perform on the upcoming festival.”

“Huh? Is that it? I believe I do that every festival though.Wah you’re kinder now huh. Thank you.”

 

“No I’m not. It’s much harder than you thought. You’ll do a duet performance.”

 

“Who? Is it a fellow company artist? From my members or from my juniors? 

Don’t worry Mr. CEO, I’m friendly anyway.”

 

“I can’t tell you who your partner is. Just perform and do well. It’s for the deal, always remember that.”

 

“But how can we practice? The performance will be live.”

 

“I sent the instructions to your manager already. He knows the song and the schedule of your performance. 

Just practice your harmonization skills, okay? No more questions.

 

“Hmm.. Okay fine. I’m sure, no matter who my partner is, we’ll blend well. Wait for it and I’ll show you.”

As I was about to stand up, I’m sure I heard him say:

“Funny, that’s what also your partner said.”

 

 

As I was about to exit the building, I saw Tiffany hanging out with Yuri in the lobby.

 Are they not busy for them to be enjoying like that? I’m kind of jealous of their freedom.

I squinted my eyes to observe them more closely. Tiffany’s eyes were full of worries, 

even though she’s smiling right now, I can tell that she’s struggling with something. 

And Yuri has this brokenhearted girl vibe surrounding her. What’s with the two?

I’m gonna talk to them. What could be their problems? 

Fulfilling my duty as a leader, I started to walk towards them.

“Taeyeon-ssi....Wait!” Oh goodness. 

My manager called me from afar.

 I retraced my steps and walked towards him instead.

“Oh manager, why?” 

“You forgot the file for the upcoming music festival. I thought you’ll need it.”

Oh right. I almost forgot.

“Right. Thanks manager. I almost forgot.”

I bowed to him and turned around to find the two.

But the two had vanished to God-only-knows where. Frustrated, I walked towards my car 

    and slipped in comfortably on the driver’s seat.

I opened the envelope and scanned the file. Nothing unusual. I started and the engine and

    vroomed my way out of the parking lot and back to my house.

I went straight to my room and again, locked myself. Hanging around like this is sure a hobby of mine. 

Aigooo.. How lonely my life must be for me to hangout like this.