Chapter 10

The Exiled Ice Princess

Yuri’s POV

 

        I locked my eyesight on the hand that’s in contact with Jessie’s soft and delicate one. I narrowed my vision, and there, recognition took over 

when I finally absorbed the picture. It was my hand that she was holding. 

My world seemed to stop. Everything around me stood still. Beyond happiness is what I feel. 

       Before my flexors could respond to this, I was already dragged by Jessica’s retreating motion. I did not say any word, not even a minute

 noise, afraid to break the sweetest moment of my life. I believe that a simple smile is enough to portray what I’m feeling right now. 

And so I smiled. Not with my lips, but with my eyes.

 

“Ehrrm.” Jessica cleared her throat when we successfully reached her car. I looked at her, and she was motioning her coupled lips.

 For a second there I thought that Jessica wanted me to kiss her. Haha. So much for my wishful thinking. 

Her coupled lips started to open, uttering the words she wanted to portray earlier by her sweet lips (I believe). 

“Let go.” I finally realized what she meant when I looked down at my hand. My palm resting on the back of her hand, with my fingertips

 clutching the rest of her manus. I am holding her hand, and not the other way around. A flush of pink sprinkled on both of my cheeks.

“Ahh, I..uh.. am sorry, Sica.” I bowed down my head, awaiting for her incoming banter. I shut my eyes tight, taking refuge in the darkness.

“It’s alright. Just don’t do that again, hmm? Lagging does not suit you any better than I do.” is Jessica’s reply. And take note, with a smile. 

And not what I expected, thank God. Thankful for her kind response, I entered the front seat beside the driver’s position where Jessica already

 filled for herself. 

“I’m hungry, where do you want to eat?” Sica asked me as she masterfully steered the car out to the main road. 

“Wherever you want. You know better than me when it comes to food.” with a chuckle. Realizing what I just did, I instinctively clasped my right

 hand on my mouth. Ahhh, stupid, so stupid Yuri. I mentally cursed at myself.

“What are you doing?” she asked me while exchanging her look between the road ahead and to me. When I didn’t answer, not that I don’t want 

to but I cannot formulate any excuse up here in my twirly head, she stared longer at me and less in the road ahead. 

The bits finally merged with one another in front of Jessica’s lovely face. She knew the answer, I guessed. You’re just brilliant Jessica. I wished I 

could just say that to her audibly, and not just in the back of my silly head. 

“Hey...” requiring my attention, I submitted to her voice and looked at her, hand still clutching my mouth. “let your guard down. I won’t bite you, I promise.”

         And my heart just melted. Melted on its own. Teary eyed, I bowed down and replied “Hehe Of course.” ..but I can’t let my guard down Sica.

 I continued mentally. Letting my guard down would mean: me throwing myself again to you without any hesitation. Just like what happened at 

Yoona’s party. I cannot bear to see myself that low-level again. Though it’s more of like: I cannot see that poker and noncommitted expression

 you gave me while I threw my self to you desperately.

It crushed me. My soul shattered unbearably that first time. I cannot bear to shatter again into bits when I just recently finished gluing the

 fallen pieces together. Not the second time, I muttered to myself. Earnestly hoping that it won’t happen again the second time around.

 

-----------------------S-S----------------------

 

Taeyeon’s POV

 

Why did she say that? Why did she suddenly brought that up? Did she knew already? 

Did she take a hint on my actions? Howwww? Ugh!

Questions are flying everywhere inside my head as we were heading to our lunch destination. 

Maybe just for the spur of the moment? Yeah, perhaps. I tried to convince myself. But my ever nerdy thoughts didn’t want to get in line with me.

Maybe someone told her? Nah, it can’t be. As far as I can recall, no one knew about it aside from me. 

I closed my eyes and crossed my arms in front of my chest. Shoot! I then recalled myself confiding to someone.

 No one knew but, obviously, except for her..... “Ugh!” I forgot to keep my emotions within me. I obtained the girls’ curious looks.

“Tae-tae, what’s wrong?” Tiffany asked me. Concerned look clearly evident on her face. I’m toast. I should look for an escape route. 

I bit my lower lip and suddenly blurted out: “I..ugh..ice cream. I want ICE CREAM!”

“Dorky as ever.” Sooyoung muttered while rolling her eyes.