Chapter 11

The Exiled Ice Princess

Yuri’s POV

 

           “Yuri-ah, what happened between you two?”, “Did yesterday go smoothly?”, “Did she got angry again?” “Did you two make up already?”

These are the questions that greeted me as I was about to enter the practice studio. I sighed. 

          “Oh, good morning to all of you too.” I answered them nonchalantly while dropping my bag in the corner. I scanned the room. Everybody

 gathered around me, and are clearly having a unified goal to squeeze every bit of information from me, but of course Taeyeon is again an exemption. 

          Every one greeted me back, more of like shouted, in chorus with “GOOD MORNING KAB YUL!” and then Tiffany reached out to pinch my cheek. 

         “Aish.” I reacted then rubbed the now reddish spot. Everybody giggled.

          “Unnie, tell us now.” Seohyun calmly delivered, silencing everyone.

Taeyeon’s head quirked at the maknae’s words, stood up, then walked across the room where her bag is situated. Busying her self by laboriously

 fishing something invisible inside it. 

          “What are you talking about?” I acted as if I did not know what they are talking about.

           "Yaaah, Yuri-ah! We know you know what we mean. Stop playing around.” Sooyoung placed her right hand on her hip.

I sighed. “Fine! What do you want to know?” Taeyeon stilled for a moment, then continued her invisible hunting game.

          “Jessica. What happened yesterday?” all eyes on me. I stretched my hands up my head, then exhaled.

          "We did what she said yesterday. Ate our lunch then went shopping for her dress.” I know they mean more than that. I’m just hoping they’ll just take it. 

But, obviously, they did not.

Hyoyeon scratched her forehead. “Did you two make up already?” I looked at Taeyeon. She’s now doing something in her phone. Photos maybe?

 I can’t quite see exactly but all I know is that she’s only staring at the screen. I know her attention is equally divided between us and her phone so I 

obliged to answer what Hyo asked.

         “Yeah.” Nope. Not really.

          “But on Yoona’s party...? Sunny trailed off. I completely know what she meant so I replied.

          “I know. But later that night I went to see her. Desperate, right?” I chuckled. Lies, lies, lies, though the desperate part got me.

          “How did you do it....confronting her and all?” it was Yoona’s curious question.

          “I begged for her forgiveness and sincerely told her how I truly treasure our friendship. She’s still kind and considerate, you know?” More lies.

 My eyes started to water so I bowed my head and started to walk to the bathroom breaking their human-fence around me. Yes, I begged for her

 forgiveness, that’s true, but I did not earn her attention through my rumbling about our past. We all know that that past is what truly got her,

 hurt her precisely, so decided to do something alternative. 

And I’m really sorry guys for what I decided to pick. Truly sorry.

 

Entering the bathroom, the mirror instantly caught my attention. I stared at my reflection. Liar. You’re such a liar, Kwon Yuri.

I closed my eyes and a tear fell. I opened them again and now my reflection cajoled at me.

 This is what you chose Yuri-ah. You started it so you must finish it.

 As long as I can stay freely beside her, I guess everything won’t matter. She’s more important right now. She’s more important to me. 

Committing this hideous crime is worth it. As long as I can be with her. She closed her eyes as she remembered how this crime started.

 

[Flashback] 

After Yoona’s Party....

Zing. A text message arrived. 

         “You did good. Thanks for the info.”

I know a shameful smile is plastered on my face right now. But, no matter how shameful it is, the rewarding feeling brought by Jessica’s compliment

is dominating. And I can live with this.