THE FIRST NIGHT AND MORNING

IN BETWEEN: TEENAGE FLAMES

Later that night, everyone was in their pajama. Donghyun was still busy with his song. Jeongmin was all alone in the dance room. He never gets tired watching his face. Especially that he has a new hair now.

Hyunseong was working on his schoolworks. Youngmin continued reading an English Literature after taking some photos in the garden, swimming pool, the whole house, the field, etc. He loves photography, that's why.

The 2 classmates, Kwangmin and Minwoo, sat on the living room's couch. They were having some talks. Most were arguments.

 

"Yah," Kwangmin called, not setting his eyes off from his phone's screen. He got a lot of textmates. Mostly his fangirls. He's in his Pikachu pajama again. "Are you done with our homework?"

 

"Homework? What homework?" asked Minwoo whose eyes were also set on his Game Boy's screen.

 

"Algebra, silly."

 

"Algebra Silly? Who's that? The founder of Algebra?"

 

Kwangmin rolled his eyes at Minwoo. "You really are a total ."

 

"Is that a complement?"

 

"Yeah sure. Whatever."

 

"Thanks," Minwoo chuckled.

 

"Aren't you a little worried about our homework?"

 

"Why? Is it sick?"

 

"No." Kwangmin's getting annoyed.

 

"Then why would I be worried about our homework?" asked Minwoo, still not looking away from his Game Boy.

 

"Cos it's due on tomorrow."

 

"Owh. . . I don't care about that."

 

"Oh, same here. I don't care either!" Kwangmin seconded. They laughed and did the 'Fist Bumps', still not turning away from their gadgets.

 

"Hey, how do you found your roommate?" Kwangmin asked.

 

"Nuisance," Minwoo answered briefly. "He does a lot of lecturing. Ba blah ba blah ba blah. ANd he orders a lot. But I kept on refusing him. Hehehehe. .. "

 

"At least he could talk," said Kwangmin with a grim sigh.

 

"Why? Did your twin have gone mute?"

 

"I dunno about him. He's trying to be cool. . . to be mysterious. It doesn't even suit him!"

 

"But he looks like a genius. The silent type of smart, I mean."

 

"Yeah. Kind of."

 

"That's great!" Minwoo cried enthusiastically. "I'll add him up to my Sources of Answers," he smirked.

 

"He looks smart. But I don't think he's the type of guy who allows his classmates to copy his answers."

 

"Oh, tell me something I don't know," Minwoo drawled.

 

Silence filled the place for how many minutes. And it was Minwoo who broke it. "Holy jeez, what time is it?!" he blurted out in a sudden, making KWangmin to jump.

MInwoo paused the game and was finally facing the guy next to him.

 

"What's the matter?" asked Kwangmin in beweilderment. But he checked the time in his phone. "10:00 sharp."

 

"Aah. . . okay." He took a deep sigh.

 

"Why?"
 

"I just remember something I need to do."

 

"what is it?"

 

"Drink milk."

 

"Drink milk?" Kwangmin sneered.

 

"You got  a problem with that?"

 

"No. . .it's just that. . . "

 

" I can't sleep if I won't drink milk, you got it?"

 

"Oh?"

 

"You should drink milk too," advised Minwoo.

 

Kwangmin laughed. "I am not a kid anymore."

 

"So what do you wanna drink?"

 

"Uhm. ... soda?"

 

"So that's why you look like that."

 

"Look like what?" asked Kwangmin, puzzled.

Before Minwoo could answer, he studied Kwangmin first from head to toe. "Uhm. . . . like an alien."

 

"You mean a gorgeous alien?"

 

MInwoo was about to say something but Hyunseong came and was heading to the kitchen.

MInwoo suddenly called him. "Hyunseong-ah! Make me a glass of milk!"

 

"Me too!" Kwangmin called, grinning.

 

Hyunseong didn't bother t turn to them nor answer them. Pathetic. They were ignored.

Minwoo narrowed his eyes at the grinning Kwangmin. He looked at him suspiciously. "Me too?" he asked him, voice thin.

 

Kwangmin shrugged good-naturedly. "yeah. . . I love milk. . . "

 

Minwoo scoffed. "You love milk?"

 

Kwangmin wrinkled his forehead. "Yeah? What is so wrong with that?" He was acting naive.

 

"But you just said that you're not a kid anymore. And you wanna drink soda?"

 

"Well I change my mind."

 

Minwoo eyed him. "Your'e dumb."

 

"Why make a fuss over a milk? Hyunseong didn't hear us so why bother?"

 

"Yeah right." Minwoo fell back on the sofa wearily, tossing his Game Boy on the table. "I guess I'll have to make it my own." He sighed. He grabbed his game boy back and continued playing.

 

After a few minutes. . .

 

"Here," Hyunseong announced as he placed the 2 glasses of milk he had on his hand on the glass-topped table in front of Minwoo and Kwangmin.

The two boys looked slowly at the table, then at Hyunseong wo was placing his hands on his hips.

 

"It's already 10:30. You better go to your room after you drink your milk and sleep. We still have classes tomorrow," he reminded then walked upstairs.

 

The two boys were speechless. Both stunned and surprised. They thought he actually just ignored them.

 

"I thought he ignored us," said Kwangmin lifelessly, staring at Minwoo but seemed like staring in space.

 

"Me either," Minwoo's expression was totally just like his.

 

After a few seconds of having a blank expression, they suddenly got their glasses of milk enthusiastically and tossed their gadgets aside. They took several sips before they began talking normally.

 

"I thought he's a snob and conceited like all the other popular students in our school---that includes you," Kwangmin said. "But he's a good man. And I wasn't expecting that."

 

"Yeah. . . "agreed Minwoo. "Unlike that bossy Donghyun. . . Hyunseong's way cooler than him. Just like me." He grinned.

 

Kwangmin rolled his eyes.

 

 

Seems like only Hyunseong, Jeongmin and Youngmin cared about waking up early on Monday morning. Youngmin didn't bother waking up his twin at all. They were already done with the daily routine: Taking a bath, putting on the uniform, fixing themselves, breakfast, preparing their things and most of all, preparing themselves.

After doing the routine, Hyunseong and Jeongmin was about to get out the house when they saw Youngmin walking downstairs, ready to go to school.

 

"Where's your twin?" asked Hyunseong.

 

Youngmin stopped for a moment and looked at Hyunseong. "Sleeping," was his brief reply, then continued heading down.

 

"Why didn't you wake him up?" asked Hyunseong.

 

"He can do it himself." Youngmin attempted to pass them by but Hyunseong grasped his arm and pulled him back to face him.

 

"Have you seen Donghyun and Minwoo?"

 

"No." He shook his arm, but Hyunseong's grip was tight and still.

 

"Go back to your room and wake your brother up. You include the 2 boys in the last floor," ordered Hyunseong.

 

"Why don't you do it yourself?"

 

"Because I said so. And I'm older than you so you have to obey me," Hyunseong said firmly.

 

Youngmin eyed him an irratated look. He shook his arm for the second time and was finally out from Hyunseong's grip. His lips and jaws were tight. Why would he follow this guy? He's not his father.

As he walked back toward the stairs, he was still looking at Hyunseong irratably. He doesn't like to do it. But why was he following his instructions?

As soon as he reached the second floor, he directly opened their door and found out that Kwangmin was not on his bed anymore. Then he heard the shower's noise in the bathroom. That explains it all. Kwangmin woke up by himself and was now taking a bath.

He snapped close the door and was now heading to the 3rd floor. Why was he doing it anyway?

When he opened the BCR's door, there he saw Donghyun and Minwoo still sleeping. Minwoo was snoring so loud that it seemed like nobody could wake him up.

What's he going to do? Shout at them on the top of his lungs? Tickle them? Splash them water? But he doesn't want to get inside in a room that seemed like being devastated by punks and various types of psychoanimals. He couldn't afford stepping in a room where lazy and uncivilized people were living.

He spotted a vase on a table near the door. What did he do? He shoved the vase out from the table causing a loud brittle crackling sound which in a case totally worked!---to Donghyun only. He had jumped from his bed and was so shocked of what had awaken him. But then he found out that it was just Youngmin who was standing in front of the broken vase.

 

While Minwoo on the other side remained asleep. Like nothing just happened. He must be totally trapped from his wonderful dream, perhaps.

 

Youngmin looked at the gaping-in-shock-Donghyun. "You wake your roommate up," told Youngmin before shutting the door close.

Donghyun looked at the other bed. How could he still be sleeping after what just happened? he wondered. Does he really wake people up like that? Breaking an expensive vase?

 

--------------------------------

Up next . . .

CHAPTER 8: YOUNGMINS IS STEALING KWANGMIN AND MINWOO'S FANS

 

The room was filled with the giggles and whispers of the girls and Kwangmin and Minwoo were getting really annoyed by it.

 

"This is not good," muttered Minwoo as he observed the girls' reaction.

 

"He's stealing all of my fans!" Kwangmin protested.

 

"He should not be here," whispered Minwoo to his seatmate.

 

"Oh men," Kwangmin drawled worriedly. "All of the girls like him."