INTRODUCING DONGHYUN, HYUNSEONG AND JEONGMIN

IN BETWEEN: TEENAGE FLAMES

~~DONGHYUN'S POV~~

( the song that Donghyun was singing is Xing's My girl http://youtu.be/W-xfq7knOT4 )

"You are the only I want

You're the only one I love

Then keep promise you this

from the bottom of my heart

On the good days and bad days

And the times you need someone to lean on

I'll always be there for you

You're my-----"

"AWW!!!"

 

I had stopped singing and playing my guitar when a round, orange, thick and hard ball hit my innocent forehead. I mean, serioudly, what did my forehead do to that dangin' ball that it suddenly attacked my forehead? Nothing, right? If only that ball gave me a clue that it's going to bounce on my forehead, then I could have ducked and get rid off it. But it didn't. Now that's just RUDE!

What kind of ball is it? Yeah right, a BASKETBALL ball. And who's using it? There's no other person in this court that was practicing basketball but SHIM HYUNSEONG. Yeah, him. The Campus Varsity's MVP. And I DISLIKE him. Wonder why? Cos I think he's being too proud of himself that a lot of girls admire him because of his COOL identity, and of course, being the STAR PLAYER of the team. That simply screams HE'S POPULAR.

But hey, let me get this clear. I'm not insecured of him or something. Cos honestly, I am the MAIN SINGER in our Academy's Musical. I play a very big role in that club. That's just how important I am. And I had contributed several of my original songs. Just like what I was singing earlier. I'm going to sing it in the upcoming musical play but it's dedicated only to Rin Hyemi. My girlfriend. So far so great, she's the BEST girlfriend I ever have and so I'm making a song specially for her. This is going to be a surprise and I can't wait to finish it.

And by the way, I'm POPULAR too. I know that it's no-brainer but I just like to remind you.

 

I was massaging my forehead in pain as I hear the ball making thud sounds as it bounced on the court's floor. I looked at the unsmiling Hyunseong. "Yah! What is so wrong with you?!" I yelled in anger.

 

"SHUT UP. I'm losing my focus because of your annoying voice."

 

See? I so dislike this guy so much. He's still acting COOL for what had happened. "Aish. . ." I glared at him angrily, still massaging my forehead. "And do you think that I'm not losing my focus upon the annoying thuds of your ball?"

Actually, I don't care about the thuds.

 

He walked to get the ball while saying, "This place is for the varsity only. Audience and cheerleaders are allowed." He bent for the ball, continuing, "Distractions are not allowed." He turned to face me. "ANd that's you." He looked at me for a long second. The kind of look I never liked about him.

I was about to say something but he had already interrupted my attempt. "But you could cheer for me if you really wanna stay."

 

I had stopped massaging my forehead for that remark. What a swag. Scoffing, I replied, "Cheer you mean 'GIVE IT UP! YOU !'?"

 

He scoffed and shook his head then started pacing as he was dribbling the ball nonchalantly. "I wouldn't be the star player if I ." Raised hands and BOOM! He shot the ball in the ring.

 

~~HYUNSEONG'S POV~~

I glanced at Donghyun in the corner of the court after making a good shot.

 

"Even if you don't really , I would still scream the same words if you want me to be your cheerer," he responded.

 

I narrowed my eyes and looked at this red-haired guy intensely. "Really?" I taunted. "Cos if so, you couldn't be called as a cheerer." I paused for a second. "HATER. That's the right word."

 

" 'Kay fine. I'm a HATER. Which is the truth."

 

"Don't you know that HATERS means Having-Anger-Towards-Everyone-Reaching-Success? So I see you're insecured of me."

 

"I'm not insecured of you. I just hate the EGO that's flowing inside you."

 

"But really. You're in a wrong place."

I don't know what's up with this guy. Of all the places he could compose a song, why here? If he really hates me, then he'll find a way not to see me. But it seems like he's been watching my activities, my moves and my games lately then he comes criticizing it. I really think that he's just jealous of me. He thinks that I'm his greatest opponent in comes of POPULARITY. But I really don't care about that big word with the capital P. It's nonsense. Why does everybody love POPULARITY?

"Why noy continue that song in one of the field's study tables? You could find peace there," I suggested. But before he could respond, a familiar voice behind me interrupted him.

 

"YAH! HYUNSEONG!"

 

Turning around, it was my classmate. Lee Jeongmin.

 

Then Donghyun finally responded. "I can't go there. My girlfriend's there wtih her friends. This song I'm making is specially for her and this should be a surprise. I can't let her know that I'm writing a song for her," he explained.

 

"Hyunseong-ah! The coach wants to talk to you," said Jeongmin.

 

Then I heard Donghyun's "Yes!" of victory. He seems lucky today. I wouldn't be around in this court for how long. But I wish him a GOOD LUCK with his song.

 

~~JEONGMIN'S POV~~

I can't believe I was really asked to call this HYUNSEONG which by the way the CLASS MONITOR. I've been really wanting to be in his position. But with his popularity in school because he's the Campus Varsity's MVP, almost all of my classmates voted for him. And how many votes did I get? Two. Only two. And I'm one in that two. I was like "Bad trip! Why did he ever happen to be my classmate?"  I don't like him monitoring the class. I want me.

Then I glanced at his red-haired guy. He's KIM DONGHYUN. I know him. He's a Senior. Who won't know the MUSICAL KING in Avalon High Academy? He's popular too. A great composer, dancer, singer and not-so-great in piano. Cos I'm way better than him in piano.

Guess what club I am in. If you could get it right, you'll get a kiss from me. Hehe. No, just kidding. But if you could really guess it right, I LOVE YOU. DON'T CHEAT! Don't scroll down you eyes yet.

Okay, here's the hint: I LOVE MIRROR.

I guess I can't leave without it. My day is not complete without looking at my handsome reflection in the mirror.

 

Do you already have an answer? Because in one, two, three, I'll reveal the answer. This is just an easy type of question. Only people with an I.Q. of a box of a crayon can't answer this. Hehe. . . so I'll start counting. . .

 

1. . . .

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

2. . . ..

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

3. . . . .

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

PLEASE PROCEED TO THE NEXT CHAPTER IF IT'S ALREADY PUBLISHED. BUT IF NOT, WOULD YOU MIND WAITING???

Hehe. . . the answer will be revealed in the next chapter.

 

 

 

 

 

                                                                      Love,        

   Jeongmin :)

 

 

--------------------------------------------

Up next. . .

CHAPTER 2: "WAITING FOR WHO?"

 

Misoo pressed her lips together as she looked at both sides of the road.

 

"Waiting for someone?"

 

"Ye. My boyfriend actually."

 

Minwoo felt a sudden feeling of jealousy with mixed surprise after hearing Misoo's last 3 words. We just broke up 2 days ago and she already has a new one? he thought. How could she do that?

 

"How 'bout you?" asked Misoo. "Who are you waiting?"