Chapter Five

The End

TOP'S POV

 

I saw Jiyong smiling to his phone after the performance. I narrowed my eyes trying to recall when was the last time I had seen his gummy smile.. Dara. My heart rate picked up, and my hands curled into themselves. Not now when I have broken down the wall that Dara had built around herself, he left her so why now.

 

 

"Hey man.. You seemed happy," I patted his shoulder and smiled forcedfully. He jolted from his seat but relaxed after. I saw how he tried to hide his nervousness before grinning at me, "I'm just wishing everyone to have a good new year, hyung. I am going to make things right in 2015." I tensed at his last sentence, thinking of all the different meanings behind it. I have only realised that my grip on Jiyong's shoulder had tightened when he looked at me in the eyes before walking away.

 

 

That was his warning, telling me that he wants her back in his life. Images of Dara and Jiyong kept playing in my head: them giving secret glances to each other, him laughing at her whenever she blushes at his advances. it. I need to go back to Korea and see her, only then will I be assured that I still have a chance. With that in mind, I informed my manager to cancel my flight for the next day and to book the earliest flight to Seoul. I will fight for her, she is worth it.

 

 

Upon reaching Seoul, I headed straight to her dorm. I know she will be surprised since I told her that i will only be back a day after. I needed to feel her warmth, her arms around me again. I don't care if she is still mending her broken heart after all these months, as long as she chose to be by me, I will take whatever that she offers. With determined strides, I walked towards her door and opened it using the key that she has given me since the night at the club. I looked around the dorm in search for the woman who has captured my heart ever since. Her television was switched off and her living room was quiet. I glanced at the clock and realised that she must be sleeping still. Entering her room, I saw Dara sleeping soundly next to her laptop. I laughed when I saw that she has been watching fan videos of us from the New Year's performance. I knelt next to her bed and reached out my hand to tug her hair behind her ears and stared at her.

 

 

"Boo! Surprise Dara" I whispered next to her ears and waited for her to open her eyes. I know that it is enough to wake her up from her slumber when I saw her moved her arms to rub her eyes before opening them. It took her a minute to regain her consciousness before she widened her eyes, "OMG TABI, WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?" She quickly sat up and looked at her sleeping attire before giving a sigh of relief. Narrowing her eyes at me, I know she will start nagging soon and so I waited. I need this to feel normal, to know that she won't push me away just because Jiyong has started to communicate with her again. He has that much power over her, even if she didn't realise it.

 

 

"YAH! Are you crazy? What if the hoobaes saw you sneaking into my house, what will they think then? Aisht, I gave you the key for emergency purposes, Choi Seunghyun," she stood up and headed to the bathroom to wash her face. "Aren't you only supposed to return here tomorrow? Don't tell me you missed me that much that you book the next flight to Seoul after your performances?" She said, while looking at me through the mirror.

 

 

Seeing her in front of me, I can no longer control the need to have her in my arms. I walked towards her and put my arms around her waist before burying myself in the crook of her neck. I felt her tensed underneath me and waited for her to push me away or scream at me like she always did whenever I hug her. I looked at her reflection in the mirror when I realised that she did nothing of that sorts. Instead, I saw her eyes studying me before she turned around to face me. Thumpthump, I can feel my heart starting to quicken its pace. She removed my sunglasses and looked me in the eyes before heaving out a sigh, only to rest her forehead on mine. Thumpthumpthump.

 

 

"Everything will be okay, Tabi. Whatever you are thinking of right now in your mind, things are going to get better. I don't know what it is that is bothering you, but I will always be there for you. Just like how you have always been for me."

 

 

Like always, her words alone is enough to take my fears away. I know that we will be okay, we have to be okay. Our friendship is beginning to progress into something more, whether she knows it or not. 

 

 

==========================================================================================================================

 

Another short update! Hehehe, my Tabisan feel have been all over the place lately that I need to let it out. So, where is GD now that Tabi is back in Seoul with Dara? Is Dara slowly opening her heart to Tabi? Kekeke.

 

No seriously, where was GD after he left SG and before he was in Beijing for Running Man China? He has been so secretive about it. Although he has always been, especially during the holidays season.