Chapter Nine

The End

DARA's POV

 

 

The next few days were like a blur to me. I received a call from Dami Unnie asking me if I was interested to sell my clothes for a bazaar being held at her outlet, a collaboration between YG and Rare Market. Dami Unnie is like a friend to me, we are not close enough to be termed as sisters but she will always be giving me fashion advices or tips on how to handle Jiyong whenever he is having his tantrums. I agreed, knowing that the clothes will be sold at a discounted price and that there are other YG artists participating in it as well. I expected Jiyong to call me to ask me about it but he hasn't called since.

 

 

I know I shouldn't be expecting for Jiyong's attention but I thought everything is going to be alright especially after I have made things clear to him backstage. He shouldn't be affected that I came to the concert for Tabi and not because of a stupid promise that we made when we were still together. I felt guilty thinking of how I could have hurt him when I said that but he wouldn't take it to heart. Why should he? Besides, he has Kiko to worry about now.

 

FLASHBACK

"Dara-yah, are you really over Jiyong?" Bom and I were on the way back from Big Bang's concert D-3 when she randomly asked me that question. She was playing with my hair, trying to be nonchalant about it but I know she was waiting for my answer.

 

 

I shrugged, looking away. "Why did you ask? Did I become too friendly with him earlier on? You know Bom, I am trying my best to get over him but whenever I am nearly there, there will always be people like you who just won't stop asking me about him. What? Am I only known for being Jiyong's girlfriend? Is that what I am to all of you? I'm trying Bom, I'm trying so damn hard every damn day."

 

 

"That's the thing, Dara. You were too busy ignoring him earlier that you failed to see that he's hurting too. I am and will always be your best friend, but don't forget that he's my friend too. I saw how you were always there for him previously, and yet I was also there whenever you pushed him away whenever we are in front of the cameras or a crowd. Imagine the love of your life denying you in front of the public, it stings doesn't it?"

 

END OF FLASHBACK

 

I shuddered involuntarily whenever I recalled how Bom say those words calmly. Her words felt like someone has stabbed a dagger to my heart and forced open my chest. When I was protecting my life from the eyes of the media and keeping it private, I had also unknowingly caused pain to Jiyong. I thought our love was strong enough that he doesn't need assurance about our relationship but I guess there's only so much a man can take.

 

 

I groaned knowing that I will regret my next action. I reached out to take my phone from the dressing table and dialed the number that I can't seem to forget. Thudthudthud. I took a deep breath before putting the phone to my ear.

 

 

"Dara.." that voice that used to excite me whenever I am down. "Dee.. Is that you? Are you okay? Why are you calling me?"

 

 

"Ji.." Crap. Why didn't I think before I call him? "Uhm... Mmm.. I'm okay. HAHAHA" Great, anyone could tell that the laughter was forced. I started playing with the hem of my dress, "Uhh.. How's Paris? I heard you are the only Asian celebrity invited for the Chanel fashion show. Ahhh, I'm sure they have given you thier clothes from the latest collection."

 

 

I heard him laugh, I know that he can sensed my discomfort at the moment. I shook my head and pinched my nose. 

 

 

"Relax, Dee. You are gonna be alright out there. I have checked, you will be sitting with Tablo-hyung and the Winner kids. It'll be like sitting with the rest of the girls, just that this time they are all boys. I heard from them that you are wearing clothes and accessories from the Saint Laurent Collection?"

 

 

Whoever says you can't feel happy and scared at the same time is definitely wrong. Why is he still looking out for me when he was the one who has given up on us? I didn't know how to react to him. I wasn't ready for the caring side of Jiyong, again. I nodded, "Yeah, a dress actually. They are forcing me not to pair it with leggings or stockings."

 

 

"I have something for you that I wish you wouldn't mind wearing," I heard him laugh, "A few things actually. I'm hoping you are in the dressing room now. If so, walk to the cabinet and open the second drawer."

 

 

I froze for a few seconds before realising that he was still waiting for me on the other line. I stood up and looked around for the cabinet Jiyong was referring to. "You there yet, Dee? Did you see it? It's a black vest with gold fringes, I wore it once before deciding that it isn't really my style." I snorted. Right, even his pyjamas is stylish enough to be mistaken as a performance outfit. "Wear it together with your dress. Now walk to Big Bang's corner and search for a black fedora with a brown feather by the side."

 

 

Walking to the corner opposite 2NE1's, I found the hat he was referring to. Holding it, I saw the tag - Feather Trimmed Rabbit Felt Fedora. I smiled. "Thanks Ji, I think I'll wear both for Gaon later."

 

 

"Thanks Dara, you don't know how happy that made me feel. Go rock the show tonight. I heard Seungyoon will be rapping, wish him luck on my behalf. Keep safe, Dee."

 

 

Here goes nothing, "Wait Jiyong! Uhmm... Yeah, before that. I called to say.. Uhmm.. To say I'm sorry for hurting you in the past. It was never my intention, I just wanted my life to be kept private. I don't need another repeat of what happened in the Philippines. Uhm.. yeah, just that. Thanks Ji."

 

==============================================================================================

Yay! Update on a weekday! Kekeke, a Daragon moment for all you DG shippers who are still supporting them even after everything!

Hehe, mian my Tabisan readers. Lets give DG some moments as well, neh? hehehhe. So.. should I continue making Tabi feel a lil insecure for the next chapters? Kekeke