Chapter Four

The End

DARA'S POV

 

"Where are you? You didn't tell me you've left.." I whispered. It has been a while since I have seen him. Ever since that night at the club, he has always been by my side. He is my anchor who will pull me back from the darkness, my safe haven. Sometimes I question myself, why had I not fallen for him. But we both know that was impossible, especially after he was diagnosed with depression after his relationship failed. Guess we both at keeping our relationships work.

 

 

There was silence at the other end of the phone. My heart started to beat fast, have I been too dependent on him that I started behaving like a clingy girlfriend instead of his best friend? Will he start distancing himself from me too? That's what he always does when he felt that the other party is starting to get closer to him.

 

 

"3.. 2.. 1... HAPPY NEW YEAR SANDARA PARKKKKKK!" I smiled when I heard him chuckled after. "I am in SIngapore now, so we are 1 hour later than Korea. You are officially the first girl I talk to in 2015, Dara. You should be honoured." I can imagine him grinning over the phone when he said that. Choi Seunghyun may appear as a quiet and shy person to the others, but definitely not towards the person he is comfortable with.

 

 

I shook my head, "Oh, the first girl huh? Well, I guess I am just lucky to be your best friend then." Then there was that silence again, this time followed by a sharp intake of breathe. I knew that it had annoyed him, it always does when I keep pulling the best friend card. Seunghyun has been pretty forward with me, but there is only so much that I can handle all at once. The pain caused by.. him still feels raw to me. How can I pretend that it does not affect me and that I am moving on with my life? And to make things worse, he is Tabi's best friend. No, they are not best friends. They are brothers. The thought of letting Tabi get caught between us nearly made me want to vomit.

 

 

"You know I won't hurt you like he did," he whispered and he is using his serious tone now. Tabi rarely uses it unless he is getting frustrated. I sighed, I can't ruin the new year for him. Besides, he has yet to perform on stage. From what I have heard from the staffs at YG earlier on, they have a list of songs to perform, as if it was a Big Bang concert instead of a New Year party. 

 

 

"Gee, way to ruin the New Year's Tabi. No pun intended with the "Gee" anyway," I laughed to hide my nervousness, "Come on, to be fair you're also the first guy I've talked to this year. Consider yourself luckier since I waited an hour just so it'll be new year's for you too. Now, stop behaving like a grumpy grandpa and be your crazy Tabi self onstage. Oh, and by the way, you're-the-second-guy-I-talked-to-this-year-Cheondoong's-the-first-guy. Okay, bye!" I laughed and disconnected the call.

 

 

Guess I have a few hours to kill before I can see his performance videos online.  I took a mug of hot chocolate and sat by the window. My mind keep playing back to the conversation earlier with him.

 

 

FLASHBACK

"Omg Choi Tabi, what do you think you're doing here?!" I gritted my teeth and glared at him, "I clearly remembered Manager oppa saying that you were sleeping in your hotel room and only asking him, not you, to fetch me."

 

 

Who am I kidding, the great Choi Seunghyun won't be affected by my glares. He snorted and rolled his eyes before walking back towards the van. Great, my plan to surprise the boys in the Phillipines just went down the drain. I even pleaded YG Sajangnim to grant me a few days leave with the excuse that the boys needed to have a good time during their world tour. Thank God there weren't as much fans who greeted me in the airport and luckily Tabi also knew how to cover himself with a hat and sunglasses when he fetched me. I know it didn't do much since fans will still recognise him anyway, but hey, it's better than having his face clearly exposed in those paparazzi shots.

 

 

Upon reaching the van, his whole demeanour changed. He stretched out to hug me, despite him sitting at the back, and sent me a grin. Instantly, my anger vanished and given by the look on his face, I know that he knows that too.

 

 

"Aaaah, it feels good when you have a girl who flew miles just for you! I am blessed, right hyung?" Tabi had his playful smirk while he looked at his manager. I shot him a look and shook my head.

 

 

"Excuse you, your highness. But I am here for Seungri too. He has been pestering me with texts to bring him to places in the Phillipines and to introduce him to my friends. Seriously, you guys should pay him more attention," then I remembered, "And how do YOU know that I was at the airport earlier? You always sleep till noon. Speaking of which, don't think that I'll forget your stunt earlier on."

 

 

Looking at the rearview mirror, I saw Tabi looked away and folded his arms onto his chest. He seems to mumble something about being ungrateful and how he is the only one who bothered to fetch me. Ouch. After that night, there has been a rift between the Big Bang boys. It will always be Tabi, Seungri, and sometimes Dae, in one team then there will be Youngbae who seems to be getting closer to GD lately. I have always thought that Youngbae is as close to me as he is to GD, but I guess not. So much for announcing that he had always wanted to get closer to me but I was the one pushing him away. Well, I can live with that.

 

 

"What is the actual reason you are here, Dara?" I heard Tabi asked before I noticed he had been staring intently at me. "It's because of him, right? He asked you to and so, you came.. Do you think if I were to say those things, you'll fly a few countries to see me too?"

 

END OF FLASHBACK

 

I felt my phone vibrated on top of the table, indicating a text message.

 

"Happy New Year, Dara. A new year, a clean slate." I felt my hands trembled before I deleted it off immediately. Damn him.

 

 

 

 

======================================================================================================================

HAPPY NEW YEAR! ALWAYS GRATEFUL TO ALL MY SUBCRIBERS AND READERS <3

I'm sorry if I have been procrastinating this update. Lately I have been having writer's block. I actually drafted a chapter last weekend only to hide it then delete it cause I felt that it wasn't good enough. Hope this update suffice it! And to all asking for Daragon moments... MIAN. This chapter is more Tabisan. Maybe in the future? Kekekeke