Hide & Seek

Ballad

Hyomin went to the room where Jiyeon shut the door and found Jiyeon sleeping. Jiyeon cried to sleep. Hyomin wiped the traces of tears from Jiyeon’s face.

“I wish you will just tell me what’s wrong. I hate seeing you like this. I’m sorry if you feel like I am abandoning you. But you should know that I can never do that. I will always be here for you even if it hurts.”

Hyomin wiped her own tear and kissed Jiyeon on the forehead. When she stood up.. “Then stay.” She saw Jiyeon looking at her. “Stay with me, please.” Hyomin smiled and went to Jiyeon’s side. Unnie, I am sorry for hurting you. We are both hurting because I was foolish. I was selfish and never considered your feelings. Now please just look at me, unnie.

When she woke up, Hyomin was not around. She went outside hoping to see Hyomin in the kitchen making breakfast like what she sees in romantic dramas. But to her dismay she wasn’t there.

“I thought we can have breakfast outside. I am lazy to cook.” Hyomin said giggling. She went out from her room all dressed up.

Jiyeon smiled and quickly went to change borrowing clothes from Hyomin.

“Where should we go after this?” Hyomin asked. They went to the café where they used to go when they were in highschool because Jiyeon wanted to go there. They were eating and reminiscing some of their highschool moments. Hyomin wanted to ask Jiyeon about last what happened last night but she decided to wait til Jiyeon is ready to talk about it.

“How about we go to our school?” Jiyeon suggested.

It is school holiday so there were no students around. They were walking around. Hyomin is walking behind Jiyeon. Jiyeon turned around to face Hyomin..

“Unnie…I am a pabo.”

“Yes you are.”

“I meant… Aish.” Hyomin giggled. “Before I know what is going on your mind. But now I have no idea what is going on your mind or heart.” Jiyeon started. Hyomin is just looking at her. “It means that you are so far away from me unnie. I am getting scared. I am scared that I am losing you.”

“Jiyeon ah, you don’t have to be scared. I am here…always be here. We might not be hanging out as often as before but I am always here.”

“I thought it was because I was used to having you around. When you were around, I took it for granted. And now that you are not, I miss my Hyomin unnie but it is something more… I love unnie”

“I love you too Jiyeon ah”

“No unnie. I love you!”

“You are just confused with what you are feeling. Missing a friend is different from love.”

“No,I am sure. I have never been sure. I love you unnie. I am in love with you unnie.”

“Stop Jiyeon ah.”

“Why won’t you believe me?!”

“Because you love Eunjung. You’ve made it clear that you can only love her.”

“I know I said I will only love Eunjung unnie but I outgrew my feelings and moved on. Because of you….somehow I fell in love with you. I just didn’t realize it before.”

“What about Myungsoo?”

“I broke with him because of my feelings for you. ”

“You don’t know how bad I wanted to hear you say you love me. You don’t know how hurt I am every time you say that you love Eunjung. You don’t know how hurt I was when you told me you cannot love me. You don’t know how I tried to move on. You don’t know how neglected I was when you started dating Myungsoo. You don’t know how hard I tried to hide my feelings. Please Jiyeon ah, I am finally doing better. You can’t just say that you love me and expect me to believe it just like that. Let’s stop this. I don’t want to go through another heartache again..” Hyomin said crying. She turned around to leave.

“I love you! I have been falling for you. But this pabo never realizes it til now." Hyomin stopped walking. "At first it was because I was afraid of us growing apart but no, I was falling for you. I only wanted to spend time with you unnie. I never loved Myungsoo. I only agreed to date him because I was hurt when I saw you and Tifanny kissed.” Jiyeon can see that Hyomin was shock with her confession. “Yes, I was the one who saw you two kiss. And when I saw you with Qri, I feel so jealous. So jealous. I have always been jealous of her because you two seem to share something. I was so threaten that I will lose my chance to you. That I will lose you forever. Hyomin unnie, before it is too late, let me love you. Don’t give up on me yet.” Hyomin was still crying. Jiyeon walked to her and wiped her tears. “Do you know why I want to go back here?”

Hyomin didn’t answer. Of course how can I forget this place, that night…

“This is the place where I told you I cannot love you and asked you to move on. I want to take back what I said that night.” Tears started falling again. “I’ve hurt you so much. Let me make it up to you. Let me love you, unnie.”

“How can I say no to that?” Hyomin answered. Jiyeon smiled. She was so happy that she hugged Hyomin tightly.

--

“Congratulations!! I knew there was something going on between the two of you. What took you so long?” Eunjung congratulated them.

“Congratulations” Gyuri greeted them.

“Thank you.” They both said.

“Congratulations.”

“Qri unnie!” Hyomin went to hug Qri.

“See I told you that you should listen to me.”

“Thanks unnie.”

“Should I be jealous?” Jiyeon butted in.

“No Jiyeon, I just told your girlfriend here that I was right and that she should have listened to me.” Qri answered.

“She was the one who told me not to give up on you.” Hyomin explained.

“Thank you Qri unnie.” Jiyeon said smiling. They talked for a while and Jiyeon was happy when she found out that Qri is in a relationship.

Jiyeon glanced at Hyomin and Hyomin looked back.

“I am so happy” Jiyeon said. “I love you.”

“I love you.”