If I See Her

Ballad

“Unnie, come on. It will be fun.”

“Sunyoung…”

“Jihyo unnie, it is more fun to ride the train than to drive a car. Yes it will take longer but at least we can see a lot of sceneries.”

“Fine.” She finally gave up to Sunyoung’s request. How can she not give in to this girl’s innocent request? Mr. Park hired Jihyo to look after Sunyoung. She treated her as a younger sister. She knew about Sunyoung's operation and she can’t help but be protective of the big innocent kid. They walked inside a train and saw that there was a girl sleeping beside Sunyoung’s seat. “Do you want to change seats?”

“Ani. I like the seat beside the window.”

“Ok.”

During the whole trip, Sunyoung looks outside the window. She loves watching the outside the window. She is excited to see her Appa whom she left when she went for a routine check-up with Dr. Shin. Dr. Shin has been a very nice doctor and family friend. After the operation, Dr. Shin let them stay at the villa until she fully recovers. After then they moved to this town where her Appa is a business professor. Sunyoung will often visit her Appa in the university. How she wished she can also go and study in a university but her case is different. Suddenly, she felt the sleeping girl leaned her head on her shoulder. She smiled a bit letting the girl sleep. “You must be really tired. I hope you sleep well.” She has always been fascinated by people’s story maybe because she knows little about herself. She wonders what the girl’s story is. Maybe she will wake up soon and we can talk and be friends. She looked back to the window and let her mind wonder.

“Sunyoung, it’s our stop. She hasn’t wake up?”

“Not yet. I will wake her up.”

“Wake up…you need to wake up..” She feels sorry for waking the girl up who is in deep sleep. When she opens her eyes sleepily, Sunyoung can’t help but smile as she finds her cute.

“I must be dreaming..” The girl mumbled making her giggle.

“Ani. You are not dreaming. Mianhe for waking you up but this is my stop.”

“Bye” Sunyoung said to the girl who seems to be half asleep and hurried to her unnie.

“Did the kid wake up?”

“Yeah. She looks so tired. She must be tired from her studies.” (thinking Jiyeon is a student) “Unnie, I want to visit Appa.”

“Arasso.”

They went to the university to visit Mr. Park. He was teaching in front of a class. Hyomin sneaked in and watch her Appa. She loves her Appa so much. When she woke up, he was always there for her.

“Appa!”

“Sunyoung. What are you doing here?”

“I came here to see you, Appa.”

“How was your check-up? I wish I can be there with you.”

“It was great! Dr. Shin told me that I have been doing great.” Sunyoung told her Appa what had happened. She told him everything and her Appa will listen to her.

“Sunyoung unnie!!”

“Oh Arum?!”

“Unnie, I told you to call me Shannon. Shannon. I will debut as an idol and my stage name will be Shannon. So you have to get used to it.”

“Haha. Arasso. Shannon.”

“It’s ok. I know unnie can be forgetful since she lost her brain.”

“Yah! I lost a very small part of my brain. A small tiny part. Not the whole brain.”

“Haha. Bye unnie! Love you!” Shannon playfully skips around the hall until a teacher called her off. Sunyoung just laughed at her. She and Shannon are like sisters. Unlike Jihyo who is protective, Shannon is more of the playful one. She met Shannon and Jihyo after they moved to this town. She is very happy to be with her Appa, Jihyo unnie and Shannon.

--

Jiyeon is looking outside then window while Boram keep talking and explaining about the small town. Jeon Boram is the one who picked her up. She has been hired by the company to take care of her. She seems to be a nice bubbly character but Jiyeon’s mind is still in the incident earlier. She is still debating if it was Hyomin or not. But she sure looks and sounds like Hyomin. She feels like Hyomin. Her thoughts were cut when the car stopped.

“This is where you will be staying. I will show you your room.” They went upstairs to Jiyeon’s room. “You can rest for the day. If you want I can take you around the town.”

“I’m ok. Thank you.”

“Ok. Tomorrow I will take you to After School Studio for your dance training. If you need anything just tell me.” Jiyeon just nod at Boram. “By the way, I am a fan” Boram said. Jiyeon find her more of a kid than an unnie.

I might see her again. If I see her again, what would I do?

--

“Shannon. What are you doing here? I thought you have dance lessons?”

“It was cancelled. Kahi Songsaengnim is currently training an idol. So our practice have been cut short and rescheduled.”

“I see.”

“I can’t believe she is training Park Jiyeon. Kahi unnie must be really good to train her.”

“Park Jiyeon? Who is she?”

“Hay. Park Jiyeon is a famous idol. She is a great singer and her dancing is just great. Unnie would not know this because she is old.”

“Yah! If you are just going to tease me then go. Jihyo unnie and I are busy so stop disturbing us.”

“Haha. I love you Sunyoung unnie.” Shannon went to Sunyoung and hugged her. she peeked at what her unnie is doing. “Unnie, these are great!” She praised Sunyoung designs. “Unnie, when I become an idol, will you be my stylist?”

“You are already planning ahead. Why don’t you debut first.”

“I will debut as an artist, unnie. It’s a fact. So I better make all the preparations before that day comes.”

Jihyo and Sunyoung can just laugh and admire Shannon’s optimism and determination of debuting as an artist. Sunyoung continue with her designs and sketch while Jihyo help her out. She was contacted by a fashion company asking for samples of her designs and sketch. She was reluctant at first but Jihyo and her father encouraged her to do it. It's not like she still needs to work but somehow she finds interest in clothes, designs, arts, and drawing.

Shannon was feeling bored. Her unnies are busy. She should have been dancing. She wanted to watch Jiyeon’s dance practice but Kahi had sent them all home and would not let anyone in. She looked at Sunyoung who is talking to Jihyo unnie and she had an idea.

“Sunyoung unnie…” She called with an aegyo.

“Yeah.” Sunyoung answered without looking at her. She knew that Shannon is up to something. Jihyo can just watch, she can also sense that Shannon is up to something.

“You know that Kahi unnie is training Park Jiyeon, right? I want to watch. You know so I can learn from an idol.”

“Hmmm… that sounds like a good idea.”

“But unnie… Kahi unnie does not allow anyone to watch.”

“I see.”

“Unnie…” Shannon called. Jihyo and Sunyoung looked at each other. Here it comes. ”Unnie, can you come with me?”

“I thought you said that Kahi unnie would not allow it. So why should I accompany you? We are busy.”

“I see that you are tired. You both need a break.”

“Yeah right.”

“Please Sunyoung Unnie. If you go, Jihyo unnie will go too. And we know that Kahi unnie likes Jihyo unnie so she will let us in and I can watch Jiyeon sunbae. Please unnie, if you agree then Jihyo unnie will agree too. Please. Please. Please.”